$1 dances at the Pink Monkey Thursdays?

• 02-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Interesting ad...

Anyone done this? I'm thinking about TOFTT tomorrow....
I'll go with ya and wear the shirt!
Heard some icky icky stories bout that place.. but ya never know! And it's only a buck! ~K
Ok, what ad?????
I might go too after golf (and play a few more holes...).
  • 02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
thanks!
May have to give the place a try.
Well HOT DAMN!!!!!

I'm up for a trip to the SC!!!!

I'm taking a guess here....but I'm assuming this will be more like Boom Boom Dances.

(explanation of Boom Boom)

It's basically where all of the girls are on the floor and they dance on each customer for quick little tease of a dance for a dollar, then move around to the next person.
When I did Boom Booms when I danced, the music was fast tempo and the girls move around as quickly as possible to make as much money as they can.

I love Boom Booms! (great way to see all of the talent, *wink*)
Well HOT DAMN!!!!!

I'm up for a trip to the SC!!!!

I'm taking a guess here....but I'm assuming this will be more like Boom Boom Dances.

(explanation of Boom Boom)

It's basically where all of the girls are on the floor and they dance on each customer for quick little tease of a dance for a dollar, then move around to the next person.
When I did Boom Booms when I danced, the music was fast tempo and the girls move around as quickly as possible to make as much money as they can.

I love Boom Booms! (great way to see all of the talent, *wink*) Originally Posted by GenesisNicole
Hmm, it says
$1 DANCES ALL NIGHT LONG
When you did "boom boom" dances would they be offered all night? Or maybe at during times throughout the night?
Hmm, it says
When you did "boom boom" dances would they be offered all night? Or maybe at during times throughout the night? Originally Posted by AtxTexMex
When I did Boom Boom, the club had a few times thru out the night.

Maybe say 9pm then again @ 12 (midnight) then again @ 2am

I can't promise this is the same thing, but I would be up for going to find out!!!!

~Gen~
speaking of boom boom's, I can't remember the name of the club, (no joke I think it was playboy) on congress ave in the 800 - 900 block, West side of the street, subterranean.
Had to have a "key" ID, required a membership to get in. in the 70's I believe.
What Genesis described sounds a lot like that. Every 1/2 hour all the girls in the club would jump up and do a conga-line type thing. Haven't thought about that place in years. Kinda like the Elephant Bar, but much closer to the Capitol and on the other side of the street.
I just e-mailed their general manager, Tommy Perkins. I went there this afternoon about 2 with some friends and the door lady at first wanted $20 each. After I questioned her, she said sorry, it is only $10 each. Asked her about the promotion on their website and she said "we don't do that". Before we left, I looked inside and saw nothing worth staying for anyway! I am not into the larger, overweight dancers.....
Just checked my e-mail and this is the reply that I got from the General Manager. I believe that their website is rather misleading as it does not give a start time but does insinuate that the $1 deals are all day.
We do have $1 cover and $1 dances on Thursdays. Our $1 cover starts at 9pm and ends at 10pm, the $1 dances are DJ call and are also part of our Nightshift Promo's. I do not know why you were quoted $20 a person, that does not start until 6pm. Our daily cover is $10 until 6pm. I will correct the person whom misquoted you, and apologize for any confusion that may have been caused.
@ Gentleman

Well that sucks!

(I'm sorry baby )
Hmm Anyone try it?
She quoted $20 because she was going to pocket $10.
  • view
  • 02-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Just checked my e-mail and this is the reply that I got from the General Manager. I believe that their website is rather misleading as it does not give a start time but does insinuate that the $1 deals are all day. Originally Posted by Gentleman
What's the point of having a promotion to draw attention to your club if you're only going to piss off your customers? The ad clearly states $1 cover until 10pm. At nowhere does it say "beginning at 9pm". Any reasonable person would read this a know it means all day until 10pm. I'd sue them for misrepresenting the truth if they weren't such a shotty fly-by-night club without any money anyway. They'll be out of business by 2011.