Using xxx-xxx-xxxx as telephone number format

Everytime that we post a telephone number (like in a review, or post an inquiry about a provider, etc.) can we start using this standardized format?

xxx-xxx-xxxx

This way, when someone is trying to search for a telephone number, they don't have to do multiple searches for variations of the same telephone number.. (xxx)xxx-xxxx or (xxx) xxx-xxxx or xxxxxxx or xxx-xxxx.

I think using this xxx-xxx-xxxx standardized format will greatly improve search results.

just a friendly suggestion..
Everytime that we post a telephone number (like in a review, or post an inquiry about a provider, etc.) can we start using this standardized format?

xxx-xxx-xxxx

This way, when someone is trying to search for a telephone number, they don't have to do multiple searches for variations of the same telephone number.. (xxx)xxx-xxxx or (xxx) xxx-xxxx or xxxxxxx or xxx-xxxx.

I think using this xxx-xxx-xxxx standardized format will greatly improve search results.

just a friendly suggestion.. Originally Posted by george79v
What if we just input the last 4 digits of the number in the search? Would that be possible or is that not enough to allow a search?
This is the one that makes the most sense to me.
For the providers that want the phone number out in the open this is the best way.
xxx-xxx-xxxx great idea. But remember other would still want "she will provide". So name in title of review help alot also.