No call No show's suck

Usually when I have an appt, it takes me a few hours to prepare. I like to look the best that I possibly can before my appts. and I clean and straighten up my condo. as well. When someone schedules with me, that is usually the only appt. that I accept for the day. Can someone please tell me why a gentleman would not have the common courtesy to at least call, text or email me to cancel if they are not going to show up? I find it rude and very inconsiderate. I have never ever done that to any man as long as I have been a provider. It seems to me that when a gentleman contacts me, books the visit, then calls me the same morning to re-confirm, he would at least either show up or cancel instead of making me sit there and wait for him. I tried continually to contact these men by phone and emailing but never heard anything back from any of them to this day to explain or apologize. This rarely happens to me but when it does it just pisses me off. I understand that things come up out of our control periodically but, what the hill is wrong with taking a few seconds to let the other party know that you won't be able to make it so we are not sitting there feeling like a idiot waiting for you to call or show up. I had other things that I could have been doing during that time and I could have accommodated someone else for the day. Any input to help me understand this continual and common problem among the hobbiest would be greatly appreciated. Does it bother any other ladies such as myself or do you just brush it off. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Juliette

Juliette
Gfe Juliette,

It happens on both sides. NCNS are just part of the game. Hopefully you put that dope on a do not see list and warn other ladies of this happening. I feel you pain. It only takes a few seconds to inform the other party they can't make an appointment. It's just good manners. I wouldn't let it get you down. Most hobbist that care about their reputation as we'll as good provider don't practice NCNS.
I hate the show up and call and no answer deal. You then know the appointment is off and you wasted an hour of your time you will never get back. I wish there was a way to back charge them for this but seeing my hourly rate is usually double if not triple what their's is I doubt that would go over so well..
Sing it Aretha:

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T!"

NCNS either way shows huge lack of.
Gfe Juliette,

It happens on both sides. NCNS are just part of the game. Hopefully you put that dope on a do not see list and warn other ladies of this happening. I feel you pain. It only takes a few seconds to inform the other party they can't make an appointment. It's just good manners. I wouldn't let it get you down. Most hobbist that care about their reputation as we'll as good provider don't practice NCNS. Originally Posted by rrabbit6926
+1!

so sorry that happened babe! It does suck.....especially when it is your ONLY call! It is also frustrating when you travel and have to make the bank.
Sing it Aretha:

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T!"

NCNS either way shows huge lack of. Originally Posted by Satyrrical

That says it all. If everyone treated everyone else with respect for their time and the price of their time, all would be good.

There is a song from the musical Chicago that states "What ever happened to class?" So true.
Sing it Aretha:

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T!"

NCNS either way shows huge lack of. Originally Posted by Satyrrical
Very well put and there is no excuse from either side for such dis-respect...
Very well put and there is no excuse from either side for such dis-respect... Originally Posted by Felina
+1
I used to get NCNS when I ran BP ads. I only advertise on a few sites and I get all the clients I want without the countless appointments. When I started I had a 25% NCNS/last minute cancellation rate.
I understand sometimes it can't be helped but I think some men are just in it for the hunt.

I have a former client who no showed me twice and admitted he often made double bookings to "get the best deal"
I was in inhome sales for years and got the same treatment. It's like our time isn't important, or we just are not important enough to them to provide such a common courtesy.
Sorry that happened to you, I hate NCNS as much as you. Just like Rachel stated I have had traveling well known ladies book tours in multiple cities and then go to the one with the most bookings, which I understand but they should at least cancel. Unfortunately the only recourse is to let others know.
I have a 3 strikes your out policy.. if a gent cancels 3 times or calls endlessly just to check availability but never actually books..then he is placed on a do not book list.1st off if someone is constantly calling and wanting to know your avail or location it puts red flags up to me as to why?? ..and if he cancels more than twice after booking..he is more than likely just entertaining himself..I dont need my day wasted with that.. If someone no shows?? They are never booked again.That is just good time management...
Fast baby--I so wanna do you....I am hoping my next "attempt" at touring your way goes well!
Juliette, I'm showing up late to this conversation, but I agree with you that NCNS is really irritating. It's happened to me before. I've also had a provider call and cancel about two hours before because something came up. This I don't mind (unless it frequently happens) because we all have a life outside of the hobby that can sometimes get in the way, but a no call and no show is mostly inexcusable. It's just a poor way to treat someone..... very disrespectful of their time.
Had me a NCNS yesterday. Cost me gas plus 8 hours of my time. All it takes is just a few min or less to let someone know, instead of wasting their time. Its a poor way to treat someone!