GFE (2009) - The Movie

I just finished watching The Girlfriend Experience, a movie directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring Sasha Grey. Its about a high dollar hottie in New York City.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103982/

I was a bit disappointed. Sasha Grey looks beautiful in most scenes, but I thought they over-did the whole "the economy is crashing" subtext....

Curious what folks think about this movie...

What do the providers think of this flick?
Complete waste of time. She cant act, the plot sucked, the movie was very boring in general. If it were not for Sasha, the movie waould have had no viewers period.
Save you self some time and avoid it.
I thought it was BORING! I couldnt even finish watching it...
Damn I was going to watch it too! I thought to myself a movie about hollyofhouston I hope there are tons of nuddie scenes
There was very little nudity and sex in the movie.
A big bummer...
It really was boring....
dull. And so fake. anyone who tells you different is lying.
Very poor on all levels.
I could have watched it with Holly though.
I should just make my own movie lol... It would NOT be boring hehe
I should just make my own movie lol... It would NOT be boring hehe Originally Posted by hollyofhouston
Need a co-star?
I should just make my own movie lol... It would NOT be boring hehe Originally Posted by hollyofhouston
I'll play stunt cock! For those hardcore sex scenes with you! I'm not camera shy dont worry lol!
I can actually hear the people running to form a line for auditions...

LAP
LAP now that was funny, I was thinking about all the injuries during the stampede to her door...
I can actually hear the people running to form a line for auditions...

LAP Originally Posted by lickalotapus
Ha! Got you fellahs beat, Ill be outside sleeping like if it were the day after Thanksgiving day sale!
I remember seeing Princesas a couple of years ago.. pretty good:

MOVIE REVIEW
'Princesas'

By Kevin Thomas, Special to The Times

Writer-director Fernando León de Aranoa embraces a pair of Madrid streetwalkers with such affection and compassion that their story, even though prostitutes are a staple of the movies, actually seems fresh and distinctive. The care and the commitment Aranoa brings to "Princesas" is so intense and steadfast that he inspires captivating performances from Candela Peña (most familiar from her appearance in Pedro Almodóvar's "All About My Mother") and newcomer Micaela Nevárez, for whom he has written dialogue that allows their characters to emerge as individuals rather than types.

Peña's Caye is an attractive brunet of a middle-class family who tells herself that hooking is merely temporary, the quickest means to a particular end. Caye is a no-nonsense but deeply reflective woman, a veritable existential philosopher with a romantic streak. Aranoa might well have revealed Caye's initial motivation to hit the streets, beyond her clear wish not to become like her mother, a widow steeped in mourning, because the viewer can't help but wonder if she had other options. Aranoa's point is that Caye is caught up in the life, no matter how she got there.
Caye lives in a small apartment on a square where hookers stroll constantly. She and her friends hang out at a beauty salon on the square and lament how they are losing business to the influx of less-costly immigrant sex workers, among them Nevárez's stunningly beautiful Zulema, a long-haired goddess from the Dominican Republic who has been hooking in Madrid for 10 months to support her mother and 5-year-old son back home. Zulema and Caye evolve from rivals into fast friends, and the flowering of their friendship becomes the film's linchpin. Both women long for love, but their profession naturally constitutes a formidable challenge — as when Caye meets an affable, witty computer programmer (Luis Callejo), who seems to be able to accept what she does for a living; he brings to his work a passion that Caye can only envy.

Aranoa evokes a strong sense of Caye and Zulema's everyday existence with its constant perils and fleeting respites. Indeed, Aranoa loves these women so completely that his film seems overly drawn out at nearly two hours and likely would have had greater effect had it been half an hour shorter. Even so, "Princesas" remains largely engaging and rewarding. When prospective dates loom for the two, Zulema says firmly, "Tonight we're not whores; tonight we're princesses." To Aranoa they're clearly never less.
I remember seeing Princesas a couple of years ago.. pretty good:

MOVIE REVIEW
'Princesas'

By Kevin Thomas, Special to The Times

Writer-director Fernando León de Aranoa embraces a pair of Madrid streetwalkers with such affection and compassion that their story, even though prostitutes are a staple of the movies, actually seems fresh and distinctive. The care and the commitment Aranoa brings to "Princesas" is so intense and steadfast that he inspires captivating performances from Candela Peña (most familiar from her appearance in Pedro Almodóvar's "All About My Mother") and newcomer Micaela Nevárez, for whom he has written dialogue that allows their characters to emerge as individuals rather than types.

Peña's Caye is an attractive brunet of a middle-class family who tells herself that hooking is merely temporary, the quickest means to a particular end. Caye is a no-nonsense but deeply reflective woman, a veritable existential philosopher with a romantic streak. Aranoa might well have revealed Caye's initial motivation to hit the streets, beyond her clear wish not to become like her mother, a widow steeped in mourning, because the viewer can't help but wonder if she had other options. Aranoa's point is that Caye is caught up in the life, no matter how she got there.
Caye lives in a small apartment on a square where hookers stroll constantly. She and her friends hang out at a beauty salon on the square and lament how they are losing business to the influx of less-costly immigrant sex workers, among them Nevárez's stunningly beautiful Zulema, a long-haired goddess from the Dominican Republic who has been hooking in Madrid for 10 months to support her mother and 5-year-old son back home. Zulema and Caye evolve from rivals into fast friends, and the flowering of their friendship becomes the film's linchpin. Both women long for love, but their profession naturally constitutes a formidable challenge — as when Caye meets an affable, witty computer programmer (Luis Callejo), who seems to be able to accept what she does for a living; he brings to his work a passion that Caye can only envy.

Aranoa evokes a strong sense of Caye and Zulema's everyday existence with its constant perils and fleeting respites. Indeed, Aranoa loves these women so completely that his film seems overly drawn out at nearly two hours and likely would have had greater effect had it been half an hour shorter. Even so, "Princesas" remains largely engaging and rewarding. When prospective dates loom for the two, Zulema says firmly, "Tonight we're not whores; tonight we're princesses." To Aranoa they're clearly never less. Originally Posted by hotelal
It was insightful, compassionate, and having seen Spain I can almost imagine the characters can exist all over the world...I think that is his point...The Regent's of Spain did not speak of it well. Christina, Regent of Mallorca had harsh words for it..But I liked the cinematography as well. i don't think the Spanish Royals know they were sold before they were even born......Sofia Of Greece...Now Queen Sofia Of Spain....