Dating?

I am in the process of a divorce and have been scanning dating sites to see how the other half lives.

I have seen a few providers with profiles there. I have been wondering if they are looking for a real SO or is it business.

If they found someone would they leave the business?

If it was a hobbyist would he leave the hobby?

Would they try to hid their past from their new SO?

If they knew the past how would that affect the relationship?

And the questions go on...

B
Depends on the site, Match.com and other high profile pay sites are just that, and my past experience using them I have never run into anyone who wasn't on there for the reason of dating. Now there are women on there who say they want to find true love, and really don't and others saying there just looking to date around and they really want a full time relationship. If you see a provider on Match.com I would think it was genuine but as far as leaving the hobby and her quitting, that is a mystery only the two folks dating could answer.
If she's there under her "stage name" I would assume she's there to find lonely guys wanting to pay for play and she's not interested in dating.

If I were to spot a provider there under her real name I'd just keep on going as that's her private life and I don't want any part of it.
Awesome Response Herc!

Spikebaby
I doubt I would ever stop providing if I met someone online. I just don't do the online dating thing.
We are assuming that they meet online and then actually meet face to face later.
  • fawn
  • 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I am in the process of a divorce and have been scanning dating sites to see how the other half lives.

I have seen a few providers with profiles there. I have been wondering if they are looking for a real SO or is it business.

If they found someone would they leave the business?

If it was a hobbyist would he leave the hobby?

Would they try to hid their past from their new SO?

If they knew the past how would that affect the relationship?

And the questions go on...

B Originally Posted by biltmore

biltmore, let me say this to you, if I were on a dating site and I am looking for a normal relationship and I say that is my profile along with personal information, that means exactly that ( or at least in my book)! Just because I am a hooker, is doesn't define me or make me a dishonest person or incapable of truly loving someone it is a job so that I can support my family... It doesn't mean I don't want a companion or best friend to share the rest of my life with as you do!!! Now, talking about a disappointment , is when the guy from the dating site wants to contact you and he doesn't do it through the dating site, NO.. he comes here to eccie to send a pm saying hello... I think some of the questions you are asking here and being that you are a member of both boards you should look in the mirror and ask yourself the same questions and see what answers you come up with!
If I were on a dating site, then I would be looking for a real SO.

When I find Mr. Right, I am outta here!

Mr. Right would have to eventually stop hobbying. That doesn't mean we can't have fun together with other people.

I can't live a lie in any relationship, so I would have to be honest and tell Mr. Right.

I wouldn't judge man by his past, just like I hope he wouldn't judge me for mine.
  • Sami
  • 01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Very well said!

Mr. Right would have to eventually stop hobbying. That doesn't mean we can't have fun together with other people.

I can't live a lie in any relationship, so I would have to be honest and tell Mr. Right.

I wouldn't judge man by his past, just like I hope he wouldn't judge me for mine. Originally Posted by Reese Foster
Well said Ms. Foster.
Good points made, just remember that this is a fantasy world, to be kept totally separate from the real world, and never confuse the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNm-HuQ_-84

The hot troll and world of warcraft sex
biltmore, I'd stick to DATY here.....

I wouldn't judge man by his past, just like I hope he wouldn't judge me for mine. Originally Posted by Reese Foster
This SO applies to me.

I think I've said it every time this comes up that being a provider is a way to keep me from being a wanton slut. It's not totally about the money, but it helps to cushion the blow of being a slut.

IF I ever met the man of my dreams, and part of that "Man of my Dreams" package includes the ability to be completely honest with him, and him not be judgmental about this part of my life. I would hope that I'd be retired before it happened. The way things are going I may be.
biltmore,

Remember this is a SHMB. This is not a dating site. That is not say there not some wonderful women here. There are plenty, I would even venture to say there are more quality women here than most places. The love bug can bite anyone, anywhere. If you are looking for a post divorce relationship you would probably be better served elsewhere.

Divorce, even the amicable, mess with your head. I would advise you not to get into any relationship for two years after the divorce is final. That sabbatical would allow you to get over the divorce and evaluate how you want to proceed in life. Take your time. Rebound relationships can do more harm than good to your head.
I would hope some fucktard hadn't taken my HOOKER pictures and posted them on a DATING SITE!

Good god.

That would be a nightmare and a half.

Just a heads up - I'm not dating. Period.

But sweet responses ladies.

Oh - but there is the exception for my creepy eyeball friend. He gets free sex on the regular. Cuz he's got it like that. (bwah ha ha - CM - you stupid fuck)