UT Basketball

No one cares. It’s like winning the consolation bracket in fantasy football when most of the teams didn’t bother setting a line up.

Next year without their three best players will be interesting.
No one cares. Originally Posted by Congratulations
Incorrect. Plenty of people care. It's fun to win any tournament. (Those who have been actual athletes and been in competition perhaps understand better.) And true fans get excited whenever their team competes with something on the line.

There are small tourneys in the beginning of the year. Even though they may seem inconsequential, all those teams and their fans really want to win. Even if no-one remembers years later.

I'm proud of UT. They had a streak of well played games. I enjoyed it very much.
And then there were only 2 teams left:

Texas Tech to play Virginia for the title!
TEXAS = NIT CHAMPS!
I guess that means we're the 69th best team in the country. Originally Posted by chuckles
LOL. Came on this thread to post just that.
Incorrect. Plenty of people care. It's fun to win any tournament. (Those who have been actual athletes and been in competition perhaps understand better.) And true fans get excited whenever their team competes with something on the line.

There are small tourneys in the beginning of the year. Even though they may seem inconsequential, all those teams and their fans really want to win. Even if no-one remembers years later.

I'm proud of UT. They had a streak of well played games. I enjoyed it very much. Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
It's a shame UT waited until the end of the season to play some of their best ball, without one of their best players (Jaxson Hayes). Texas beat some good teams during the year and lost to some terrible teams. Losing Roach, due to his own stupidity probably, for the last 5 or 6 games prior to the NIT really hurt the team's chances of making the NCAA tournament.
  • quzi
  • 04-07-2019, 06:00 PM
UVa -1.5 and o/u 118? sucker bets
UVa -1.5 and o/u 118? sucker bets Originally Posted by quzi
The way the 2 teams play defense it could be the first team to 50 wins the game.

Are you saying Tech should be favored or UVA is not favored by enough? Tech is on a roll and has played better in the tournament than UVA in my opinion. UVA has better 3-point shooters and if Tech can keep them in check for the most part, Tech has an excellent chance of winning. Guy, despite his heroics in the last game, has not been shooting well from 3.
The way the 2 teams play defense it could be the first team to 50 wins the game.

Are you saying Tech should be favored or UVA is not favored by enough? Tech is on a roll and has played better in the tournament than UVA in my opinion. UVA has better 3-point shooters and if Tech can keep them in check for the most part, Tech has an excellent chance of winning. Guy, despite his heroics in the last game, has not been shooting well from 3. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
It honestly can go either way given that Virginia plays a similar style and Tariq Owens, our best shot blocker, rolled his ankle and will be limited.

Culver was not great against Michigan State and we need him to be a star tonight as well as Moretti and our backups.
Afraid Tech let us down, kept Texas from being only state to win all there titles. V was raining some 3s, got to give them credit. For me the critical point was when Tech in bounded with 13 seconds to play, advanced and had 6 sec to run offense and get a winning shot. Instead some dufus tried to hit an NBA that had no chance of going in. All Va after that
Funny how nearly every championship in all sports get an increibldy lucky break. If refs had not missed clear double dribble Auburn would have been in title game. Give it to Virginia, they took on all comers and won it all
Texas Tech Let us down?
Seriously?
Texas Tech was outstanding.
Texas Tech was outstanding. Originally Posted by HiHopes
I agree. From the beginning of the season Virginia was expected to contend for the national championship. Tech was predicted to finish 7th or 8th in the Big 12. Great coaching. Great playing.
Like nipsie tech got gunned down in the end.
It’s better then winning the NIT and being ranked 65th
Texas Tech Let us down?
Seriously? Originally Posted by popser
Apparently NIT's are better than National Runner Up.

Child please!