Congrat Austin, you are almost San Fran now

Gots us some smash and grab going on at the malls now. Probably should lop off another 20% from the Police budget. That should fix it all up. Stay classy Austin.
Really?! Got a link to that?
Austin has been considered a mini San Francisco for a couple years now, in more ways than one.
Long gone are the Cosmic Cowboy days.
Really?! Got a link to that? Originally Posted by Precious_b
https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-je...all-evacuation
Really?! Got a link to that? Originally Posted by Precious_b
APD says 3 suspects involved in Barton Creek mall smash and grab

"The Austin Police Department said three suspects were involved in the Helzberg diamond jewelry robbery at the Barton Creek Square Mall. The incident happened Saturday evening...."

It's making a big splash on Right wing sites nationally too.

Just heard from a friend,via NextDoor(.)com, there was one in Georgetown at a TJMaxx. WTF ya gonna get at a TJMaxx except last year's fashion?!?
We may set a homicide record this year.
Those two links supplied ain't anything like the what was happening in SF. Just a regular robbery. I thought it was going to be like a big melee with a bunch of looting and such.

I guess the Right needs to make a mountain out of this. And they say the Left has a lock on the media. Sheesh.
PB

This kinda sheet dont happen in Texas!

But its ironic it happenent in austin! aka silicone valley east!
PB

This kinda sheet dont happen in Texas!

But its ironic it happenent in austin! aka silicone valley east! Originally Posted by winn dixie
You know that is an incorrect statement.

Those robberies occur in all of the cities of Texas.
Just an example of Austin for homicides.

1981 = 39
1984 = 59
2020 = 44
2021= 84 as of November 30. Highest on record , 59 being next highest and we haven’t even finished the year yet.

Austin has gotten ridiculous to live in and I didn’t even mention the homeless
Those two links supplied ain't anything like the what was happening in SF. Just a regular robbery. I thought it was going to be like a big melee with a bunch of looting and such.

I guess the Right needs to make a mountain out of this. And they say the Left has a lock on the media. Sheesh. Originally Posted by Precious_b
After all he did say "almost" in the title....

The increase in general and violent crime in Texas cities is unmistakable. Even in Lubbock there seems to be something daily.

Austin, Dallas, & Houston seem to be a good example of what happens when you drink the liberal Kool-Aid.
Now, looking up a Right wing bastion with same statistics...
Ain't just little ol' Texas left wing cities.
LA County has a big Right wing crowd regardless of what people think of Cali.
LA County has a big Right wing crowd regardless of what people think of Cali. Originally Posted by Precious_b
Not too sure about that: https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/ci...ia/los_angeles