The "ECCIE VIP" Con

ladies - how many of you have been presented with this nonsense?
  • BLM69
  • 08-03-2019, 01:04 PM
A VIP trick? This is gonna be good...
He presents himself as a mod as well
I know one self proclaimed Eccie VIP king uses "he is powerful in the review world" to get not only BBFS, but extended time, usually from the new WW girls. He says that his review will make or break her business.
this particular individual contacted the lady through text and not through pm..

this is not the first time i have heard of this scam..
there is also a variation to the con where the individual claims to be a member of an exclusive "eccie vip room" where only the top notch ladies are allowed..

there are promises made of unparalleled and great success realized on eccie..
this particular individual contacted the lady through text and not through pm..

this is not the first time i have heard of this scam.. Originally Posted by honest_abe
He has to, otherwise his gig would be up. Sending and Eccie PM would prove he is not a staff member, but also he could be banned once the real get word of his handle sending a PM from here.
I've had a few ladies mention to me this has happened. I was given a name also. Another scam that I have been told about is guys texting a lady and throwing out another hobbyist name as if we vouched for him.

Example. Hobbyist A text a provider saying I recommended her. "Txboi gave me your number and said I should reach out to you because we would be a good match"

I have never, ever vouched for a guy in the hobby. I have actually never even met another hobbyist in person.
Another scam that I have been told about is guys texting a lady and throwing out another hobbyist name as if we vouched for him.

Example. Hobbyist A text a provider saying I recommended her. "Txboi gave me your number and said I should reach out to you because we would be a good match" Originally Posted by txboi817
yep, i've had the same.. more than a few times..
I have actually never even met another hobbyist in person. Originally Posted by txboi817
well you did, sort of..

I'm the guy who cut you off in traffic yesterday (sorry), you had some choice words, regarding my ethnicity and mental capacity!

I kid.. just trying to lighten the mood around here. lots of angry sentiment I have noticed the past two days.

but yeah, ladies need to receive a PM from guys on this site, ignore "XXX referred me" garbage and such. I have had guys invoke my name a few times, some pretend to be me.. but I have seen exactly one registered ECCIE Provider the past year, AMPs and Listcrawler are my avenues, lately. I'm the wrong guy to impersonate or use as a reference.
I know one self proclaimed Eccie VIP king uses "he is powerful in the review world" to get not only BBFS, but extended time, usually from the new WW girls. He says that his review will make or break her business. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
I got this message before and I think me saying "lmaoo well go for it" is why I have a no review now hahaha.
I was contacted by multiple individuals claiming to be various mods.
My handle is similar to that of someone who is, or was, a mod. I did not select the handle intending to create any confusion. But sometimes I do get confused with someone much higher in the hobby hierarchy. When that happens, I don't take advantage of the opportunity; I immediately clarify the situation. She will, of course, invariably lose interest, but at least no one can accuse me of abusing a position I don't have.
I got this message before and I think me saying "lmaoo well go for it" is why I have a no review now hahaha. Originally Posted by kushella
You can't have "no review" policy if you advertise on Eccie. I mean, you can tell guys "I won't let you review me", but moderators won't remove a review of you if one is posted.
You can't have "no review" policy if you advertise on Eccie. I mean, you can tell guys "I won't let you review me", but moderators won't remove a review of you if one is posted. Originally Posted by slubby
No slubby. She meant she has a NO review because of that