Party politics aside

Or at least an honest attempt.
So,looking around at global conditions seems unsettling to me these days for a few reasons. Abe assasinated? Growing unrest in diverse places like Sri Lanka where they've taken over the seat of government and the Prime Ministers residence. Or in Hollamd where cops fired live rounds at protesting farmers. Part of the Sri Lankan protests are about current food shortages (and massive inflation). Food shortages in Europe in the fall seem likely not to mention the US. The breadbasket of Russia is on fire. I saw where German energy costs are up by a factor of 7 and most of Europe is due for some serious heat for the next 4-6 weeks while long range forecasting implies a cold winter to follow. A cold and hungry populace doesn't portend good things for establishment political types.
I see all this as prime conditions for some fairly serious unrest, potentially.
Am I chicken little or am I being naive?
No, they (whoever they are) want widespread starvation. Even in the US, they are still paying farmers to not grow crops. Gates is buying more land and allowing it to be fallow. Biden put more money into putting corn in to our gas tanks instead of our mouths. Face it lefties, going back to the early 70s (see Donald Wooster), there has been a cabal of progressive liberals who want to reduce the earth's population. They just never had the guts to go through with it in the open. Now they don't have to. The people that will suffer the most? Africans.
Jesus, JD.

I don’t know if they’re a “they,” any more than you know it’s a left-wing conspiracy.

I don’t believe the OP is being Chicken Little.
So,looking around at global conditions seems unsettling to me these days for a few reasons. Abe assasinated? Growing unrest in diverse places like Sri Lanka where they've taken over the seat of government and the Prime Ministers residence. Or in Hollamd where cops fired live rounds at protesting farmers. Part of the Sri Lankan protests are about current food shortages (and massive inflation). Food shortages in Europe in the fall seem likely not to mention the US. The breadbasket of Russia is on fire. I saw where German energy costs are up by a factor of 7 and most of Europe is due for some serious heat for the next 4-6 weeks while long range forecasting implies a cold winter to follow. A cold and hungry populace doesn't portend good things for establishment political types.
Am I chicken little or am I being naive? Originally Posted by Ducbutter
... Give it three years or so, mate.
The winds of change will roll in and things will
no doubt start to improve greatly.

### Salty
Who could be "The Usual Suspects" then?

I vote for a group that includes China and Russia, but there are other power groups too. The environmental and climate change movement folks too want disorder so that society can be rebuilt as a clean energy utopia, (but dystopia must come firs)

Back in the 1980s, author Tom Clancy wrote a novel, "Rainbow Six". The premise of this action thriller is that some utopian group has decided that humanity is a cancer, and they want to eradicate it. Their method is a pandemic through a designer virus that only they have the antidote (vaccine) for.

Sound failure? The Chinese were aggressive, brutal and indiscriminate in suppressing Covid19. They still are. I think they know something about what might have been in circulation and what could have happened. I think it got away from their lab before it was ready . . .and before they were ready.

I vote for a group that includes China and Russia, but there are other power groups too. The environmental and climate change movement folks too want disorder so that society can be rebuilt as a clean energy utopia, (but dystopia must come firs)

Back in the 1980s, author Tom Clancy wrote a novel, "Rainbow Six". The premise of this action thriller is that some utopian group has decided that humanity is a cancer, and they want to eradicate it. Their method is a pandemic through a designer virus that only they have the antidote (vaccine) for.

Sound failure? The Chinese were aggressive, brutal and indiscriminate in suppressing Covid19. They still are. I think they know something about what might have been in circulation and what could have happened. I think it got away from their lab before it was ready . . .and before they were ready. Originally Posted by ICU 812
that sounds about right. you're dealing with stupid people.

china could be working with those group who intend to have china be the main enforcer. however, I think china is playing a different game from those groups.

I think Russia is really not part of this, I think they are aware of it.

I should note that China has blocked all ships from being loaded and unloaded under the guise of the zero covid tolerance policy.

Monkey pox, its interesting how it spreads and only affects homeosexuals.
No, they (whoever they are) want widespread starvation. Even in the US, they are still paying farmers to not grow crops. Gates is buying more land and allowing it to be fallow. Biden put more money into putting corn in to our gas tanks instead of our mouths. Face it lefties, going back to the early 70s (see Donald Wooster), there has been a cabal of progressive liberals who want to reduce the earth's population. They just never had the guts to go through with it in the open. Now they don't have to. The people that will suffer the most? Africans. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

This is so off base the only term for it is:

Far Out
Not true at all Originally Posted by VitaMan
This is so off base the only term for it is:

Far Out Originally Posted by VitaMan

Nobody can possibly debate with you, VM. You are such a maestro! You always come ready to refute other eccie posters with facts and data, logic and reason. You never shrink from putting your unassailable powers of persuasion to super-effective use.

The two posts of yours that I just quoted in full are excellent examples of why everyone in this forum trembles and hides rather than engage your formidable forensic skills in serious debate.

(SARCASM ALERT!)
that sounds about right. you're dealing with stupid people.

china could be working with those group who intend to have china be the main enforcer. however, I think china is playing a different game from those groups.

I think Russia is really not part of this, I think they are aware of it.

I should note that China has blocked all ships from being loaded and unloaded under the guise of the zero covid tolerance policy.

Monkey pox, its interesting how it spreads and only affects homeosexuals. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Don't worry, I here they are "working on" Monkey Pox in the lab in Wuhan.
Am I chicken little or am I being naive? Originally Posted by Ducbutter

My fear is that you may have understated the possibilities.

In this country, even if Republicans retake Congress "this time around", looking at Millennials and Gen Z, I don't see a lot of hope for this country.

Maybe a little overstated but once the Baby Boomers are gone, this country will go to hell in a hand basket.

If we can't stop this indoctrination of children and college age adults, we ( well not me because I'll be gone, are those cheers I hear ) will all be wearing a Mao uniform and gender will be nothing more than past history.

Yea, I'm a bit pessimistic about the future beyond the next couple of elections.
You know, when I see a magician/illusionist perform, I am entertained, but part of the entertainment for me is trying to figure backwards from the result to the beginning . . .how would I do that (Where did the bunny go?)

And so it is with the world-wide unrest and the national disruptions we see nationally. If I were China, Russia, or Iran, what would I try to do to collapse the USA? Well flooding the nation with really dangerous drugs like Fentanyl and Meth would be one thing. Facilitating every stumbling block to the supply chain would be another. Fomenting and encouraging public disorder of every sort and for any cause would be yet another.

You don't really need proof in the legal sense. These nations have already declared their agenda in words and actions. So what would you do if you were chairman Xi, Putin or the Grand Dragon of Iran?
You know, when I see a magician/illusionist perform, I am entertained, but part of the entertainment for me is trying to figure backwards from the result to the beginning . . .how would I do that (Where did the bunny go?)

And so it is with the world-wide unrest and the national disruptions we see nationally. If I were China, Russia, or Iran, what would I try to do to collapse the USA? Well flooding the nation with really dangerous drugs like Fentanyl and Meth would be one thing. Facilitating every stumbling block to the supply chain would be another. Fomenting and encouraging public disorder of every sort and for any cause would be yet another.

You don't really need proof in the legal sense. These nations have already declared their agenda in words and actions. So what would you do if you were chairman Xi, Putin or the Grand Dragon of Iran? Originally Posted by ICU 812

Sit back, watch and laugh. China certainly will never have to fire a shot to bring down the US, we will do that all on our own.

Any one think China is thinking that abortion fights and gender fights especially in the Armed Forces where gender and equity have replaced readiness as the primary concern, believe we are getting stronger militarily? I believe China is moving up it's plans for the future based on what we Americans are doing to ourselves.

And Gen Z couldn't find China on a map or have a clue as to it's geo-political aspirations.

Sound failure? The Chinese were aggressive, brutal and indiscriminate in suppressing Covid19. They still are. I think they know something about what might have been in circulation and what could have happened. I think it got away from their lab before it was ready . . .and before they were ready. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Do you expect me to get in trouble with the moderator by mispronouning them? No, it safe to say "them or they".
If China is smart then they will wait and nibble away at the edges for another generation. But you know people, maybe Xi wants to be remembered for doing the unthinkable and taking down the US...with Joe's help.
You conspiracy nuts are well nuts.