Bidens unconstitutional student lone forgiveness debauckle

The Supreme Court ruling a few months back. That’s what they are supposed to do, interpret and apply the Constitution . They are somewhat experts. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
This was one plan that was shot down. Several other loan foregiveness plans are in effect.

"Today, President Biden announced the approval of $1.2 billion in student debt cancellation for almost 153,000 borrowers currently enrolled in the Saving on a Valuable Education (SAVE) repayment plan. The Biden-Harris Administration has now approved nearly $138 billion in student debt cancellation for almost 3.9 million borrowers through more than two dozen executive actions. The borrowers receiving relief are the first to benefit from a SAVE plan policy that provides debt forgiveness to borrowers who have been in repayment after as little as 10 years and took out $12,000 or less in student loans."
Biden continues to find ways to erase debt related to education what efforts have been made to reduce those costs and help provide opportunities to those who can't afford college or trade schools? Not nearly enough.

The Social Security system and healthcare for seniors are a much bigger issue and after almost 4 years we have seen very little effort or result on these issues.

I would argue that on these issues our President has his head up his ass but I am honestly not sure he remembers where his ass actually is most of the time
Biden continues to find ways to erase debt related to education what efforts have been made to reduce those costs and help provide opportunities to those who can't afford college or trade schools? Not nearly enough.

The Social Security system and healthcare for seniors are a much bigger issue and after almost 4 years we have seen very little effort or result on these issues.

I would argue that on these issues our President has his head up his ass but I am honestly not sure he remembers where his ass actually is most of the time Originally Posted by DNinja69

He follows the stench
What should be happening, is that in addition to any forgiveness, is a plan to help students who are contemplating a college or trade, to give THEM a similar opportunity to those who are being given some relief.

I'd say that would be more fair, in order to be more inclusive than exclusive. Imagine more young ppl going to a 2yr or trade school (some states already offer some of that at substantially reduced prices or free if you meet those requirements), and coming out as less of a public burden, and earning double the min wage rate in most cases right out of the gate. I know of plenty of jobs that ppl with an associates degree and a small math aptitude can earn 6 figures within a year of starting.

When the debt forgiveness is turned into school opportunity instead, I think we'd see more ppl getting on board, and thus creating the same outcome. States have a vested interest in getting people to earn more money ----them taxes don't come from rocks ya know.