Spam email requesting personal info...

Just curious... My spam box is overflowing with people that have a muslim/islamic name. They are asking for my info, they have tons of money they want to transfer into an account for me so they may have a safe life. In return for doing this, I get to keep a large portion of the money...YEAH RIGHT!!! Let me just give you all my info so I can have a person running around using my identity/credit! Hopefully no one is stupid enough to fall for this. Just curious if alot of yall are getting the same emails?
i've been receiving spam email like that for about 10 yrs, in my personal email and in my hobby email. just delete it!!!!! ... tho i wish i had a $1 for each one of those i've received!
they use alota names with several games...to get in accounts...
Always.
I have several in my spam folder now. Occasionally I reply from my hobby email. I make up bank account numbers, social security numbers, etc...

I also include some rather lewd suggestions, i would share them but I have already been warned once this weekend.
That is hillarious Monk!! Great job!! I wonder what you got warned for... I've only been warned once, but I only copy & pasted something that was emailed to me.
Unfortunately, I have some dumb ass relatives back east who fell for this scam... about $20K in the hole...
There not real I have already sent my $5000.00 to three of them, I am expecting three different checks for 5 to 10 mil each they should be here any day.
I hope they hurry up I made a mistake in my accounts and now they have no money in them.
there was a blog about a guy who would communicate back and forth w/ said scammers until eventually quit replying. he would go so far as to setup elaborate plans to meet them somewhere w/ a briefcase of cash.

but seriously, just delete them.
also if you ever get an email from some company you actually do business with asking you to logon and verify your info, it's probably a phishing scam.

one way to check is move the mouse cursor over the hyperlink or web address. if you have the status bar on or enabled, your browser will display the actual URL where clicking would take you. if the address is not familiar nor matches what is displayed in the email, DONT CLICK IT!! unless you want a screwed up or infected computer or worse.

be careful and be safe!!!
I don't even open them now. They did have links but I never clicked them, my computer got a virus last year (no not from clicking their links!!!lol) and I lost everything, all my pics and saved documents. But thanks for the heads up!
Unfortunately, I have some dumb ass relatives back east who fell for this scam... about $20K in the hole... Originally Posted by Captain Caveman
OMG.... no way! Laughing my ass off and sorry for their deserved loss at the same time.