Heart Breaker or Heart Broken?

I've been doing some reflecting on my past, waxing nostalgic, etc, and tried to honestly recall........

Which is the higher number.....times I've had my heart broken or times I've broken someone's heart?

For me its a tie.....3 to 3......

how about you?
Sigh... unfortunately, for me it's 0 - 3.

To be completely honest, its been around 10 years and I am still not over the last one. Yep, you guessed it... the last one was the love of my life.

netman
0-3

I'm like you netman, not for sure I will ever get over the last one! Hard to spend half your life with someone, just throw it all away, and find a new love! Maybe they're right.....time heals all wounds!
Maybe they're right.....time heals all wounds! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Sorry Lana, that old saying is a myth/lie.

Now I need a drink, or 2, or 10... dammit, where's that Vodka!!!

netman
Sorry Lana, that old saying is a myth/lie.

Now I need a drink, or 2, or 10... dammit, where's that Vodka!!!

netman Originally Posted by netman

It may be, but at least, I still have hope!

BTW, I drank all of your Vodka! LOL!
Lana,
It may be, but at least, I still have hope! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Sorry, but ... Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of (wo)man. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sadly, I know from experience.

BTW, I drank all of your Vodka! LOL! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Hey, now that REALLY hurts!!! LOL!!!

But I am not worried... I still have that secret stash of Vodka (and I'm currently working on that 3rd shoot).

And I don't give a crap that I have to work tomorrow.

netman
There are many places in my life where hope is all I have. There was a time recently when It would have been soooo much easier to just give up hope all together and move on. Doing that would have broken a promise (which is just as important and bad as breaking a heart) and I'm working terribly hard not to do that. Unfortunately no matter how hard you try or how much you think you have a good heart, you (collective) will always hurt someone. I've had my heart broken into shreds and I've shredded a few hearts. You can never repair that sort of damage... sorta like the storms and floods. The only answer is to tear it all down and rebuild because repair just won't happen.

From that point of view I understand how having hope would just prolong your refusal to see the truth and therefore prolong moving on to the tear down/rebuild phase.
There are many places in my life where hope is all I have. There was a time recently when It would have been soooo much easier to just give up hope all together and move on. Doing that would have broken a promise (which is just as important and bad as breaking a heart) and I'm working terribly hard not to do that. Unfortunately no matter how hard you try or how much you think you have a good heart, you (collective) will always hurt someone. I've had my heart broken into shreds and I've shredded a few hearts. You can never repair that sort of damage... sorta like the storms and floods. The only answer is to tear it all down and rebuild because repair just won't happen.

From that point of view I understand how having hope would just prolong your refusal to see the truth and therefore prolong moving on to the tear down/rebuild phase. Originally Posted by LovingKayla

Ok dammit, I will need a wrecking ball and a bulldozer! Any cute architects out there?