Waco Kid's College Football Week 2

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -

"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!”

Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1

"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"

British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...

Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!
What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2

Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!

Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.

So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls
Well either it's short week or a long holiday??

This week's games

• Thursday, Sep 8
Arizona

9 Okla St

8:00pm ET

Winner: Okla St
Don't let another Stoops get ya in T. Boone's house, Gundy. So far so good Pokes.

• Friday, Sep 9
21 Missouri

Arizona St

10:30pm ET

Winner: Arizona St
Mizzu's new QB and the offense didn't look sharp, i'll pick Erickson at home for a win.

• Saturday, Sep 10

Fla Atlantic

17 Michigan St

12:00pm ET

Winner: Michigan St
While it's not Howard the Great's nature to think small, Fla Atlantic should have stayed in the lower division, Sparty plays sharper this week on offense.

Toledo

15 Ohio St

Winner: Ohio St.
Beware the dark side of head coaching, Luke. Toledo, if you let 'em might have a chance to win.

Oregon St

8 Wisconsin

Winner: Wisconsin
Oregon St got upset last week by D2 Sacramento St. At home. Ouch. Good luck with that visit to Camp Randall.

16 Miss St

Auburn

12:20pm ET

Winner: Auburn
Going against conventional thinking here, Mullen's the new SEC hotshit coach but Gene .. knows defense. Don't ya, Gene? Betting Gene's D plays much better and State has a few very costly turnovers.

Norfolk St

19 W Virginia

1:00pm ET

Winner: W Virginia
Holgerson showed enough in rain shortened opening game to think he'll do what Dana does. Score. Against a D2 school he might pull a Bootlegger and hang half a hunnerd on Norfolk St.

6 Stanford

Duke

3:30pm ET

Winner: Stanford
The Cardinal rolled last week to show Jimmy H left plenty for the new guy, this year at least Stanford rolls on Luck's talent like JH never left.

3 Alabama

23 Penn St

Winner: Alabama
Sorry JoePa, Nicky's boys are too much this year, even in State College.

25 TCU

Air Force

Winner: TCU
Another road game for da Froggies. Air Force like Baylor can run the ball. Going all in with Patty.

11 VA Tech

E Carolina

Winner: Va Tech
Beamer won't let no stinkin' pirates hook him for an early loss this year.

Nevada

13 Oregon

Winner: Oregon
Nevada was one of last year's surprise teams. This week ducks swim in their house and bounce back from LSU.

12 S Carolina

Georgia

4:30pm ET

Winner: Georgia
Bulldogs rebound from gettin' Smurfed and stop SC's run game, passing game blows up and Richt gets a huge early upset.

Charleston S.

5 Florida St

6:00pm ET

Winner: Fla St
Jimbo era continues, Chief Osceola lets out War Chant & Scalps 'Em.

UAB

18 Florida

7:00pm ET

Winner: Florida
Going all in with the deserter, Willy M. And FatAss Weis.

Ball St

22 S Florida

Winner: S Florida
Here's where Leavitt would drop one after a big W, let's see what Skippy H does. Ball St hasn't been squat since Hoke left.

BYU

24 Texas

Winner: Texas
Malcolm Brown gets some early yards and UT's offense looks sharper this week.

Fresno St

10 Nebraska

Winner: Nebraska
Bo gets a nice home test from Pat Hill and Fresno, show me Bo knows offense again.

New Mexico

14 Arkansas

Winner: Arkansas
Hogs way too much offense under Bobbo for lousy N Mex. This should be a rout for Hogs.

N'western St

2 LSU

Winner: LSU
Roar Mikey! One thing Lester doesn't do after big wins .. Lose. Good time to polish up that offense, Tigers.
damn there is hardly a game worth watching this weekend so the question is "which god awful uniforms will my cowboys wear"
damn there is hardly a game worth watching this weekend so the question is "which god awful uniforms will my cowboys wear" Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
The ones they win while wearing, i presume ...

Ah come on cpt, tell me you'll ONLY watch one college game this whole weekend. Can't imagine what ELSE you might be UP to.
well I should have known, if it is Thursday, we wear black

I will watch who ever is playing in close games

I live off the main North outlet from the stadium and cannot believe the dumb shits that are stacked up in traffic because of one single light.

anyway I cannot believe we finally have a defense
anyway I cannot believe we finally have a defense Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
You don't. You gave up 398 yards passing to ...

Nick Foles 37 51 398 72.5 7.8 1 6 1 0 144.6
Not exactly an all-American candidate is he?
You don't. You gave up 398 yards passing to ...

Nick Foles 37 51 398 72.5 7.8 1 6 1 0 144.6
Not exactly an all-American candidate is he? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
He lead the nation in passing last week, he got most of his yards in the 2nd half against 2nd and 3rd stringers
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs

AU rushing yards 41

let us see after this weekends stats are posted
Well either it's short week or a long holiday??

This week's games

Thursday, Sep 8
Arizona

9 Okla St

Winner: Okla St
Don't let another Stoops get ya in T. Boone's house, Gundy. So far so good Pokes.

Arizona 14
9 Okla St 37
One Stoops down, one to go, Pokes. Just don't forget to show up for the other games first.
  • Friday, Sep 9
21 Missouri

Arizona St

10:30pm ET

Winner: Arizona St
Mizzu's new QB and the offense didn't look sharp, i'll pick Erickson at home for a win.

21 Missouri 30
Arizona St 37

Tod ya, Erickson wins the duel in the desert with Mizzu, nice job icing your own kicker trying to pull the Sun Devils off-sides. Twice. Shoulda just kicked it after the first one didn't work.
  • Saturday, Sep 10
Fla Atlantic

17 Michigan St

Winner: Michigan St
While it's not Howard the Great's nature to think small, Fla Atlantic should have stayed in the lower division, Sparty plays sharper this week on offense.

Fla Atlantic 0
17 Michigan St 44
Sparty rolls over-matched Owls, offense sharper this week, you'll need it in the Big Ten.

Toledo

15 Ohio St

Winner: Ohio St.
Beware the dark side of head coaching, Luke. Toledo, if you let 'em might have a chance to win.

Toledo 22
15 Ohio St 27
Luke Skywalker avoids the dark side .. this week. Toledo had a shot at the end zone at the end but couldn't make the play.

Oregon St

8 Wisconsin

Winner: Wisconsin
Oregon St got upset last week by D2 Sacramento St. At home. Ouch. Good luck with that visit to Camp Randall.

Oregon St 0
8 Wisconsin 35
Badgers continue to show they are a legit title contender .. the BCS title that is.

16 Miss St

Auburn

12:20pm ET

Winner: Auburn
Going against conventional thinking here, Mullen's the new SEC hotshit coach but Gene .. knows defense. Don't ya, Gene? Betting Gene's D plays much better and State has a few very costly turnovers.

16 Miss St 34
Auburn 41
Told ya, Gene gives up 34 but makes the goal line stop to win. So much for being the new hotshit SEC coach eh, Mullen?

Norfolk St

19 W Virginia

1:00pm ET

Winner: W Virginia
Holgerson showed enough in rain shortened opening game to think he'll do what Dana does. Score. Against a D2 school he might pull a Bootlegger and hang half a hunnerd on Norfolk St.

Norfolk St 12
19 W Virginia 55
Holgerson begins his era in Morgantown much like RichRod, we'll see if he can take WVa farther.

6 Stanford

Duke

Winner: Stanford
The Cardinal rolled last week to show Jimmy H left plenty for the new guy, this year at least Stanford rolls on Luck's talent like JH never left.

6 Stanford 44
Duke 14
The Cardinal rolls, along with the Duckies you control your destiny in the PAC 12.

3 Alabama

23 Penn St

Winner: Alabama
Sorry JoePa, Nicky's boys are too much this year, even in State College.

3 Alabama 27
23 Penn St 11Would've been great for JoePa to get a big win but Lions not ready for 'Bama. Maybe next year .. if you are still coaching JoePa.

25 TCU

Air Force

Winner: TCU
Another road game for da Froggies. Air Force like Baylor can run the ball. Going all in with Patty.

25 TCU 35
Air Force 19
Told ya Patty bounces back, TCU looks like .. TCU this week and holds strong running Air Force down for a win.

11 VA Tech

E Carolina

Winner: Va Tech
Beamer won't let no stinkin' pirates hook him for an early loss this year.

11 VA Tech 17
E Carolina 10
Ya played with fire Hokies letting them Pirates hang close, learn your lesson and start playing up to your talent, you'll need it.

Nevada

13 Oregon

Winner: Oregon
Nevada was one of last year's surprise teams. This week ducks swim in their house and bounce back from LSU.

Nevada 20
13 Oregon 69
Nice bounce back Duckies, too bad you can't play every game at home eh? Remember you have to go to Stanford later this year.

12 S Carolina

Georgia

4:30pm ET

Winner: Georgia
Bulldogs rebound from gettin' Smurfed and stop SC's run game, passing game blows up and Richt gets a huge early upset.

12 S Carolina 45
Georgia 42
Gotdammit Dogs! you had the 'Ol Ball Coach and let him off the hook, giving up 14 points on late turnovers. You also ruined my perfect run, would've been 25 and zip on my picks. Losers.

Charleston S.

5 Florida St

6:00pm ET

Winner: Fla St
Jimbo era continues, Chief Osceola lets out War Chant & Scalps 'Em.

Charleston S. 10
5 Florida St 62
Jimbo rolls, FSU faithful begins to believe again, until next game at least when the Sooners come to visit. Pull that out and you is a contender, Jimbo.

UAB

18 Florida

Winner: Florida
Going all in with the deserter, Willy M. And FatAss Weis.

UAB 0
18 Florida 39
Willy and the Fatass have the Gators playing like .. the 'Ol Ball coach. So far so good, Willy. But UAB ain't the SEC then we'll know who you really are.

Ball St

22 S Florida

Winner: S Florida
Here's where Leavitt would drop one after a big W, let's see what Skippy H does. Ball St hasn't been squat since Hoke left.

Ball St still ain't squat but you avoid Leavitt's habit of losing after big wins. This week.

BYU

24 Texas

Winner: Texas
Malcolm Brown gets some early yards and UT's offense looks sharper this week.

Good bye Gilbert Grape, you had your chance. Not thrilled to see UT pulling an 'Ol Ball Coach with McCoy and Ash, but without that we would have lost.

Fresno St

10 Nebraska

Winner: Nebraska
Bo gets a nice home test from Pat Hill and Fresno, show me Bo knows offense again.

Fresno St 29
10 Nebraska 42
Well looks like Bo does know offense. Now remember one word .. Defense.

New Mexico

14 Arkansas

Winner: Arkansas
Hogs way too much offense under Bobbo for lousy N Mex. This should be a rout for Hogs.

New Mexico 3
14 Arkansas 52
Bobbo turns this into a scrimmage as expected. Losing your top tailback may bite ya Bobbo when you need to close out in the big bad SEC.

N'western St

2 LSU

Winner: LSU
Roar Mikey! One thing Lester doesn't do after big wins .. Lose. Good time to polish up that offense, Tigers.

N'western St 3
2 LSU 49
Lester does what Lester does. Win. no letdown here, but Northwestern St. ain't Alabama, Mikey.
Tom Dienhart's Week 2 awards

COACHES

Wish I were him: Alabama's Nick Saban
Glad I'm not him: N.C. State's Tom O'Brien
Lucky guy: Ohio State's Luke Fickell
Poor guy: Mississippi State's Dan Mullen
Desperately seeking a clue: Memphis' Larry Porter
Desperately seeking a P.R. man: Iowa State's Paul Rhoads
Desperately seeking sunglasses and a fake beard: Louisville's Charlie Strong
Desperately seeking ... anything: Oregon State's Mike Riley

TEAMS

Thought you'd kick butt, you did: Florida State
Thought you'd kick butt, you didn't: Boston College
Thought you'd get your butt kicked, you did: Duke
Thought you'd get your butt kicked, you didn't: Iowa State
Dang, they're good: Oregon
Dang, they're bad: Purdue
Did the season start? Georgia
Can the season end? Minnesota
Can the season never end? Oklahoma State

GAMES

Play this again
: Michigan 35, Notre Dame 31
Never play this again: Arkansas 52, New Mexico 3
What? UCF 30, Boston College 3
Huh? Iowa State 44, Iowa 41 (3OT)
Are you kidding me? FIU 24, Louisville 17
Oh ? my ? God: New Mexico State 28, Minnesota 21
Told you so: Arizona State 37, Missouri 30 (OT)

NEXT WEEK

Ticket to die for
: Oklahoma at Florida State
Best non-Big Six vs. Big Six matchup: Penn State at Temple
Best non-Big Six matchup: Boise State at Toledo (Friday)
Upset alert: Mississippi State over LSU in Starkville (Thursday)
Must win: Auburn over Clemson in Clemson, S.C.
Offensive explosion: Stanford at Arizona
Defensive struggle: Tennessee at Florida
Great game no one is talking about: Utah at BYU
Intriguing coaching matchup: Navy's Ken Niumatalolo vs. South Carolina's Steve Spurrier
Who's bringing the body bags? North Texas at Alabama
Why are they playing? Missouri State at Oregon
Plenty of good seats remaining: Gardner-Webb at Wake Forest
They shoot horses, don't they? Idaho at Texas A&M
not a fan of either Michigan or Notre Dame but what finish. 4 TDs in 112 seconds

but what gets me was how many of those experts were predicating Notre Dame to win the national championship
Since i have long standing grudges against the faggot irish of neutered dames and as long as the Wolverines don't play Texas or Ohio St (mostly, but let's face it, this was NOT Woody Hayes' Buckeyes under Tressel) i'm more than cool seeing UM kick the choking irish right outta Ann Arbor.

Oh, and i recall that acid-tripping, yer fuckin' kiddin' me BULLSHIT about the irish being some sort of dark-horse BSC title contender. NOT.

by the way, that's the "Second Year Title" thing these writers are harping on lately, they claim a pattern 'cuz several schools recently did a win BCS title in their coaches' second year so several writers rolled the dice and did a Nostradamus by picking ND.