A Classy Graceful Lady Loses Her Battle With Breast Cancer

I was just reading last evening that the doctors told Elizabeth Edwards she didn't have long to live, a few weeks at best and they could no longer do anything for her.

I went out to run some errands this afternoon and came back and hopped online to breaking news that she died a few hours ago. Family and friends at her bedside, including her estranged husband John.

I kept saying out loud "oh my god, oh my god".
I am heartbroken though I've never met her and no experience with breast cancer survivors, I loved her. Kinda the same feeling I had when the Princess died.

I followed all the drama with John and Rielle and the baby, the interviews, Elizabeth's interviews with Oprah and Larry King and others. The lies and cover-ups, the books, the 'that is not my baby', it was like a train wreck but I couldn't look away.

She made me proud to be a strong woman. She dealt with the most devastating thing a woman in love and married for over 3 decades could go through with grace and dignity. Humiliated in public by these 2 idiots while she fought for her life. She was stoic and graceful through it all.

It's sad and not fair that she is the one no longer with us, with her children and her family that no doubt got a up close and personal look into the life, trials and triumps of a woman so special.

I now wonder if John will go 'public' now with his mistress and love child? What about their surviving children? Though the oldest daughter is grown and following her parents footsteps into law, what about the 2 youngest children? How would/will they handle what may happen next?

Again, the scenario reminds me of the Princess, Charles and Camilla.

Rest in peace Elizabeth.