Stood Up

I'm new to the forum (not new enough for the 7 day introduction), so my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Anyway, I'm hoping that a more experienced hobbyist or provider can help me with a problem I'm having. I have had one date with a verified provider who tours nationally. On her recommendation, I was able to set up a date with another girl I'd really like to see. She called my reference, said she was comfortable with it, and we scheduled a time. However, on the day of my appointment time I could not get ahold of her. She would not answer texts or her phone. Have I done something wrong, or is this just one of the challenges of the hobby? Any information is appreciated.
Par for the course. She got a better offer and went with it (or whatever reason she has). Give her a couple of days to make it right and see what happens.
What KC said. While there are some great providers who pride themselves on being reliable, there is just as many, if not more providers who are a bit flaky and don't keep appointments.
I'd recommend to read reviews and other postings on here to determine how reliable a provider has been in the past and go from there. As KC said, things do happen so give them the benefit of the doubt. If the provider doesn't attempt to make up for the NCNS, move on.
good thing that you didnt prepay her!!!

you posted and asked...
"She called my reference, said she was comfortable with it, and we scheduled a time. However, on the day of my appointment time I could not get ahold of her. She would not answer texts or her phone. Have I done something wrong, or is this just one of the challenges of the hobby?"

if it were me, i'd be a tad concerned. i'd send her a note via text and email saying "sorry we didnt get to meet." and asking if she is ok. if she [or whoever is managing her communication media] replies, great - maybe you'll get a reschedule and maybe even a discount or extra time [just dont count on the discount]. if not, great.

for me, having a somewhat disconnected attitude about scheduling and having the event helps. yep, i'm interested, but if she's unresponsive or the event doesnt happen, fine by me. i dont have to have it.
if the event commences, i DO look for a connection!!
i got stood up today also
i got stood up today also Originally Posted by Lord Humungus
A lot of us ugly guys get stood up every once-in-awhile, we might as well be having regular dates.

JR

Sorry 'bout that.

If it weren't for NCNS posts on both sides, this place would be pretty quiet.

It's frustrating. You think, "Hey, my money's no good or what?" That's not it, providers flake out, clients flake out; it's an imperfect world.

Best,
Noah
I'm new to this site, but not new to the hobby, ncns is pretty common sad to say, lots of flakes out there, and not just providers, though I think most ncns on the part of a provider is due to a better offer, from a business sense, I get that, but they should at least let you know that they won't be coming, the reason will be a lie no doubt, but at least that way you can stop waiting or make other arrangements, to straight ncns is pretty dirty in my humble opinion