Greatest Generation???

Some IDIOT coined the phrase "Greatest Generation" for all veterans who served during World War II. So that implies that all other Veterans who served during all the other wars that the US was involved in, were NOT as GREAT.
What's your favorite war so far?
Name a generation of people who sacrificed like those raised during the great depression who sacrificed the comforts of life during the '30's and was asked to save the world from 2 imperialist dictators and to keep an impearialist land grabbing ally at bay at the end?
Name a generation of people who sacrificed like those raised during the great depression who sacrificed the comforts of life during the '30's and was asked to save the world from 2 imperialist dictators and to keep an impearialist land grabbing ally at bay at the end? Originally Posted by obnoxiousram
I can do this one but prefer someone else answer for once.
I can do this one but prefer someone else answer for once. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
It’s not worth the time

He won’t learn he obviously doesn’t know history
Name a generation of people who sacrificed like those raised during the great depression who sacrificed the comforts of life during the '30's and was asked to save the world from 2 imperialist dictators and to keep an impearialist land grabbing ally at bay at the end? Originally Posted by obnoxiousram
But ok
Lol

Get out your history books and go back further in time

Uncle Tom
But ok
Lol

Get out your history books and go back further in time

Uncle Tom Originally Posted by Missburger
Was that a sacrifice???
Proud of my dad, he got purple heart at Iwo Jima. I say they are the "Greatest generation" for many reasons. Serving in WW11 is only one part of what great things they did!
Lots of great observations here.
Proud of my dad, he got purple heart at Iwo Jima. I say they are the "Greatest generation" for many reasons. Serving in WW11 is only one part of what great things they did! Originally Posted by lilylivered
WW eleven?
Lots of great observations here. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
WW eleven? Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
Stupidity being one observation....
Stupidity being one observation.... Originally Posted by Notuagain
Pro tip - looks like a potential 5 pointer. Try to remain on topic for your own good.
I was making an observation....per your comment!
I was making an observation....per your comment! Originally Posted by Notuagain
So you read that as soliciting more inane observations? What a smart man.
The World War II adults weren't that bad. On balance I think the worst thing they did was raise children who in turn raised children to be entitled permanently juvenile sub-adults who simultaneously both love and hate themselves too much.