Man faces charges for looking at wifes email

Man faces 5 years in prison for "snooping" in wifes emails suspecting he was having an affair (she was) Passwords are considered private unless freely given. He said he guessed it . Is it fair?
Absolutely!!! Bastard got what he deserves. He can find a new wife in prison (or perhaps, he will become the wife).

Moral of the story: Keep your nose out of the business of others!!!

My opinion only; what does everyone one else think?
damn then i have some ex's that should be doing 25 to life
If I am not mistaken....the accused is husband #3. Wife was having an affair with husband #2, who was a convicted pedophile. He found out by looking into her email on a pc that was his and his internet service provider account, etc. He emailed husband #1 and he proceeded to get custody of his kids from wife as he did not want them around husband #2. Not that any of that matters, but I certainly understand the motivation of husband #3 and I am sure husband #1 was thankful. Now, is this "hacking"......well, some technical issues are in play. Stored password on computer, his computer, his internet account are all issues that complicate things. My estimation is no and I am particularily galled by the prosecutor who took it upon herself to prosecute this case. I mean, would society benefit by having this man behind bars for 5 years costing the taxpayers some $300k in addition to all of the prosecutorial time and the courts being tied up with this bs case? Does this also apply to telephone and text messages too? I don't think this is what society wants. And if I were on the jury, there is no way I would convict this guy.
My spouse and I have given our passwords freely to each other from the beginning....hell, now we both use the same password! I can't imagine not shareing everything with my SO....but then again, I am told that we have a unique realationship.
I can't imagine not shareing everything with my SO....but then again, I am told that we have a unique realationship. Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
That may be the biggest understatement ever written on this board.
If I am not mistaken....the accused is husband #3. Wife was having an affair with husband #2, who was a convicted pedophile. He found out by looking into her email on a pc that was his and his internet service provider account, etc. He emailed husband #1 and he proceeded to get custody of his kids from wife as he did not want them around husband #2. Not that any of that matters, but I certainly understand the motivation of husband #3 and I am sure husband #1 was thankful. Now, is this "hacking"......well, some technical issues are in play. Stored password on computer, his computer, his internet account are all issues that complicate things. My estimation is no and I am particularily galled by the prosecutor who took it upon herself to prosecute this case. I mean, would society benefit by having this man behind bars for 5 years costing the taxpayers some $300k in addition to all of the prosecutorial time and the courts being tied up with this bs case? Does this also apply to telephone and text messages too? I don't think this is what society wants. And if I were on the jury, there is no way I would convict this guy. Originally Posted by FatBastard
IMHO, you give up some rights of privacy with your spouse when you get married. Unless you're fabulously wealthy, you tend to share the same bathroom, the same bedroom, the same closet, the same kitchen, the same house/apartment.

I believe the expectation of privacy with a spouse is markedly less than with anyone else, which is why the "marital privilege" exists. The mere fact that husband 3 "guessed" the username/password to get into her email account should NOT subject him to criminal liability.

Hacking a stranger's computer is one thing. Hacking your spouse's (or your kids') is quite another. And it's not like all of us haven't been warned. It is drilled into use that we have NO expectation of privacy when using a work/school computer.
Wow. Hero is doing time. :-(
There is a special place in hell for people that hurt children.
I think this is a bad situation lol for him they are married so I would think it would be alright to look in her email. Plus how can they prove it I think this case could have gotton dimissed..
Its filed under a law that is used for identity theft & trade secrets laws. I just dont see how it can stand up in court & I would think would surely be dismissed. He goes to trail in Feb on felony computer misuse charges.
She actually filed charges? What a bitch!
Yep , technology entering a whole new world of things. Dont get mad, take them to court LOL
I think its crazy tho..
Man faces 5 years in prison for "snooping" in wifes emails suspecting he was having an affair (she was) Passwords are considered private unless freely given. He said he guessed it . Is it fair? Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
If the couple was using the same computer then the wife may have snooped through his things as well.
Man faces 5 years in prison for "snooping" in wifes emails suspecting he was having an affair (she was) Passwords are considered private unless freely given. He said he guessed it . Is it fair? Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
It would be up to the prosecutor to prove he "hacked" the password.
It would be up to the prosecutor to prove he "hacked" the password. Originally Posted by Spirit13
It was a laptop they shared orignially purchased for her by him, the gmail account was left on the homepage with the password laying next to the laptop in an open notebook.