Silly Provider Questions

1. What do providers do when its that time of the month? I can't expect they would close shop for a week or so each month.

2. Would you handle getting a STD like any other? Call clients at risk and let them know? Would you expect a client to call and let you know as well?

3. What do you do if a condom breaks? (Other than say a quick prayer...)

Ok, I think thats about it!
There's no such thing as a silly question. Especially those!!!

[But, with a handle like that, you might be on the wrong board.]
Haha! My handle always throws people off. Its like a military MRE... Its not a meal, its not ready and its not edible. 3 lies in one! ;-)
1. What do providers do when its that time of the month? I can't expect they would close shop for a week or so each month. Originally Posted by Biggayal
Honey I sit my ass at home, watch titanic and eat lots of junk food! In other words, I do NOT work.

2. Would you handle getting a STD like any other? Call clients at risk and let them know? Would you expect a client to call and let you know as well?
Oh most definitely!
Say a quick prayer and run to the local CVS and pick up a plan B pill!! LMAO!

Damn good questions btw..
1. What do providers do when its that time of the month? I can't expect they would close shop for a week or so each month.

I am on birthcontrol pills and I do not have to worry about this MOST of the time, but when I am cursed, I close up shop.

Yes, and more then likely I would have to drop out from provideing for a time, but it would be worth it. Can you imagine if one of my married 'clients' caught something from me, then passed it on to his spouse? Not only would their marriage be ruined, but what if they have kids? Don't put that on me...and what if the wife can't handle it and goes off the deep end? Nope...I do not want that on me....I will notify everyone as soon as I find out myself.

It has happend a time or two, and I had to calm the gentleman down because he totally freaked on me. Take care of it the best you can at the time...both of you clean yourselves off as best as you can, and make sure you mention it to the Dr. at the monthly check up. I don't know about the other ladies, but my Dr. knows my position, and she makes sure I get a one over each month.
Ok, I think thats about it! Originally Posted by Biggayal
that's the best I've got!
1) no longer have time of the month (hysterectomy)
2) Yes & Yes
3)still say a quick prayer that # 2 doesnt happen since #1 is not a problem , head to the dr just to be on the safe side.
Thank you ladies for your candid replies. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
While they may be reluctant to say, I am sure some ladies use a sponge during menses so they can keep working. Just FYI.
1)....You will never know if I'm on the rag....yes sponges work just fine, and I'm not afraid to admit that.

2).I should hope a client would phone me in that situation, as I would give them the same respect...I get tested every 4 weeks, and I think more gents should get tested often as well, it works both ways..

3). Try and stay calm, but go straight to your doc and have yourself checked out, and for fuck sake...every provider I should hope would have enough common sense to be on the pill in this line of work...

I actually had that happen during a seccion. Weird thing is it happened 1 hr into a 2 hr seccion. Glad it didn't happen during DATY!!!
1. I don't work all the time, so taking 2 days off because of my period is fine with me. I look forward to those two days so I can have some "me" time.

2. I visit my doc every month because I'm a safety kinda gal. I would tell the client as I would want him to do the same in return. Karma baby.

3. Condom breaks....I go into the bathroom, pop a pill (even with being on the pill, one can get pregnant) and call my doc to schedule a visit ASAP.

3. Condom breaks....I go into the bathroom, pop a pill (even with being on the pill, one can get pregnant) and call my doc to schedule a visit ASAP. Originally Posted by MsElena
Very well said here Ms.Elana!

and damn you're lucky 2 days? I have to wait 7 days! Lucky you!!
1. I don't work all the time, so taking 2 days off because of my period is fine with me. I look forward to those two days so I can have some "me" time.
. Originally Posted by MsElena
I don't work all the time either, however because I do tour so often, sometimes my time of the month coincides with a week I am touring somewhere...I'm jealous! A 2 day period? What I would give for that!
Naomi and Valerie,

LOL Yeah, two days. Trust me, I say a little prayer and a huge thank you to mother nature for it.
I beleive that most of these fine ladies here that you find on Eccie are 'professionals' and they know how to take care of themselves and their business. You should see a lot of the same answers.

Some ladies do use the sponge and swear by it. I 'tested' it with my SO once, and he knocked it loose, causeing a mess, so I won't use it. But perhaps it works great with non agressive sex? I am bloated and feeling ugly at this time anyways, the last thing I want to do is to go out on a date. And with the type of birth control pills I take, I rarely have to deal with it anyways.

Every lady should be seeing her Dr. once a month and getting checked. If she has any sense, then she is...and all of these ladies who have respounded seem to have sense!