Favorite Stand-up Comedians?

Is anyone else here as much of a stand-up comedy freak as I am? I love Chelsea Handler, Katt Williams, Jim Gaffigan, Thai Rivera, Mike Epps and Redd Foxx. I've actually had the pleasure of seeing Mike Epps live and he was hilarious! I also really enjoyed Rachel Feinstein's comedy special "Only Whores Wear Purple." Funny stuff! What are some of your favorite comedians/live comedy specials?
I really like Jim Norton, Bob Saget, Kevin Hart, and Enrque Iglesias.
I really like Jim Norton, Bob Saget, Kevin Hart, and Enrque Iglesias. Originally Posted by JdeHog
Kevin Hart is funny! I loved him in Get Hard with Will Ferrell
Hard to top Richard Pryor or Sam Kinnison (showing my age here). Sam explained how to make daty great for the ladies and it's simple as hell. "You're not painting a fence man, just do your ABCs."
Hard to top Richard Pryor or Sam Kinnison (showing my age here). Sam explained how to make daty great for the ladies and it's simple as hell. "You're not painting a fence man, just do your ABCs." Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
I do like Richard Pryor. I've never heard of Sam Kinnison but I will have to check him out. I'm always looking to expand my comedic horizons
More old school, Rodney Dangerfield and Don Rickles. And if you can find any skits on the old Jonathan Winters show where they just put him in a room full of objects and let him improvise, brilliant. He was the inspiration for Robin Williams, obviously another great one.
George Carlin.Pryor also.redd foxx.Eddie Murphy. Gene Tracy.Andy Kaufman
Kevin Hart is funny! I loved him in Get Hard with Will Ferrell Originally Posted by Vannah
I like his stand-up more than his movies. I got to see him at the AMP a month ago.
I like his stand-up more than his movies. I got to see him at the AMP a month ago. Originally Posted by JdeHog
I heard that was a great show!
Gallagher - Sledge-O-Matic
Stephen Wright - I like to skate on the other side of the ice
robin williams. his 'interview' at the actors studio is great. its on youtube.

i think chelsea is pretty funny.
early eddie murphy.
louis ck
and the audios of woody allens shows from the early 60s are genius.
then theres tom lehrers recordings from the 50's. some are still hilarious , but in small doses.
rodney dangerrfield and bob newhart
did some great stuff back in the day
My all time favorite is George Carlin. The (comedy) world has never been the same since he died.

No love for Lewis Black here? He's my favorite since Carlin died, and I've had the pleasure of meeting him backstage after his concert in St. Louis in May of last year (along with a number of other lucky winners of his fan club* drawing--buy your tix through the club, and you're entered in a drawing to meet Lewis after the show). Attached photo is from that gathering. (I'd post the one of him and me together, but I don't have time to blur my face out of it right now.)

Going to see Lewis again in Tunica in a month (October 14). Waiting patiently to see if lightning strikes again, and if I get to renew my acquaintance with him (probably not, but I can dream, can't I?).

Cheers,

bcg

*His fan club is the Frustrated Union of Cynical Kindreds Universal, or F.U.C.K.U. for short. Which right there tells you all you need to know about why he's my current favorite.
Attached Images File Type: jpg Lew.jpg (155.7 KB, 154 views)
In no particular order; George Cariln, Robin Williams, Gallagher, Ron White, Bill Engvall and, legal and personal aside, Bill Cosby.
Of the current crop I like Bill Burr, Joe Rogan and Jim Norton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A6FHYTXbPY
Foster Brooks always cracked me up