Gas mask or not.

Curious to know who lives in the North West area of Dallas.12 year old child was killed last week in a house/gas leak explosion. So all of a sudden we have ATMOS CYA. 2600 homes affected. No mandatory evacuations. Gas supplies will be off for at least 3 weeks.. If you aren't gas dependent for heat/water/cooking...it won't affect you too much. ATMOS is kissing ass now because they didn't listen to numerous complaints. They are initially offering $1200 per household to help affected residents.

They are trying to relocate the residents that choose not to weather the storm.

ATMOS is replacing ALL lines and meters in the specified area. They say all related expenses will be covered by ATMOS.

Is this affecting you?
I smell a class action lawsuit in the works.

Geologist that ATMOS hired says this situation is unique to this particular area because it sits on clay soil.
Oh okay -- after like 3 fires and many complaints NOW there going to fix , The infrastructure in this country is falling apart fast and apparently it takes someone being killed to address.,,,,,
it doesn't affect me, other than an hour at a time during AMP visits in the area. I assume Businesses are affected, even though I have not heard any mention. if I lived in the area, I would pack up and relocate, take the offer of a free hotel room.

this reminds me of the time all the people in a specific area of Arlington were forced to relocate because of Jerry World construction.. residents were given $5,000 each (or something like that) to move, then were issued 1099's to report the money as income the following year.. I bet Atmos does the same to those who accept payments of any kind.

I hope Atmos didn't wait too late to act decisively. although one death by definition is too late.
I haven't heard about this and went looking for a news headline:

http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/atm.../287-524384716

http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/loc.../287-524560198

according to the 2nd link above, this goes back to 2008-2011 and nothing was done about it???

according to the 2nd link above, this goes back to 2008-2011 and nothing was done about it??? Originally Posted by CG2014
Unfortunately, I think there was no rush to do the repairs because of the area. Let's see them sit that long on repairs in the Preston Hollow area or Highland Park. 😕

I completely agree that our infrastructure is outdated and is falling apart. And that the gov't and utility companies aren't doing enough to make necessary improvements. It takes money money money which is SO mismanaged in the bureaucracies that be.

Sadly it appears that someone does have to die before necessary repairs get made.
Yet OUR utility bills keep going up: electric, gas, water.
Yet OUR utility bills keep going up: electric, gas, water. Originally Posted by CG2014
Now it will double
it doesn't affect me, other than an hour at a time during AMP visits in the area. I assume Businesses are affected, even though I have not heard any mention. if I lived in the area, I would pack up and relocate, take the offer of a free hotel room.

this reminds me of the time all the people in a specific area of Arlington were forced to relocate because of Jerry World construction.. residents were given $5,000 each (or something like that) to move, then were issued 1099's to report the money as income the following year.. I bet Atmos does the same to those who accept payments of any kind.

I hope Atmos didn't wait too late to act decisively. although one death by definition is too late. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

The girl was killed because of a leak in the house, not a leak on Atmos system. Atmos responsibilities stop at the meter. The lines after the meter belongs to the homeowner
Yes ^^^ BUT the guy who used a lighter to start a fire in the alley 3 days before would to me be a sign that gas is leaking apparently the gas co was ok with that issue
Yes ^^^ BUT the guy who used a lighter to start a fire in the alley 3 days before would to me be a sign that gas is leaking apparently the gas co was ok with that issue Originally Posted by rexdutchman

Apples and oranges. That was a leak in an alley. Doesn’t have a thing to do with that house explosion. Investigators have already found a leak in the house.

according to the 2nd link above, this goes back to 2008-2011 and nothing was done about it??? Originally Posted by CG2014
I should not have clicked on the second link. Seeing the picture of the young girl who was killed is a heart breaker. If it's true that the leak responsible was in the house and not the fault of Atmos, that's only a small relief. Still a tragedy.
Curious to know who lives in the North West area of Dallas.12 year old child was killed last week in a house/gas leak explosion. So all of a sudden we have ATMOS CYA. 2600 homes affected. No mandatory evacuations. Gas supplies will be off for at least 3 weeks.. If you aren't gas dependent for heat/water/cooking...it won't affect you too much. ATMOS is kissing ass now because they didn't listen to numerous complaints. They are initially offering $1200 per household to help affected residents.

They are trying to relocate the residents that choose not to weather the storm.

ATMOS is replacing ALL lines and meters in the specified area. They say all related expenses will be covered by ATMOS.

Is this affecting you? Originally Posted by alaine
Not to correct you, but the affected residents are getting $1250 every five days until it is safe to move back in. Roughly $250 a day. Not a windfall but should cover their cost of displacement.
Yes, it has I most definitely collected Atmos kind donation.