What is a Zeta man? Are there any here? Should I actively seek out these special two-legged beasts?

(Side note: I always feel like I'm the last to know certain terms and "stuff". Sometimes, this is true and sometimes not. )

At any rate, this weekend, I heard someone say, "Oh, he's a Zeta man. Typical."

And I'm thinking, "Typical what?"

So I did some research. Read a few articles. And before I list a few thoughts about what some of the characteristics of a Zeta male could be, I would really appreciate some thoughts from everyone here.

Do you think that Zeta men could possible be more fuckable/suckable/adorable than others? Or would one consider a typical "Zeta guy" to be someone who isn't quite as appealing because of his personality traits, or supposed personality traits?

After all, when we're discussing men and their different strengths and frailties, so often it does have some bearing on their interactions with women.

I'll write more of my thoughts after hearing some comments from the members here. Oh, and I'm always interested in hearing about the female equivalent of being "Zeta" as well. For instance, would a "Zeta" type make a good sex worker? So far, I'm thinking yes.

I'm looking forward to reading your responses because the definition, as I see it, is all over the place.

Always,
Elisabeth
No clue, must be one of those last to know people too...but my buddy google had this to say.

My Fav:
"What idiots refer to as the opposite of an Alpha male, as they don't realize the last letter of the Greek Alphabet is Omega."
Ex: He was a Zeta male, in more ways than one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Zeta%20Male

http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/mens...a-male-anyway/
No clue, must be one of those last to know people too...but my buddy google had this to say.

My Fav:
"What idiots refer to as the opposite of an Alpha male, as they don't realize the last letter of the Greek Alphabet is Omega."
Ex: He was a Zeta male, in more ways than one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Zeta%20Male

http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/mens...a-male-anyway/ Originally Posted by bored@home

+1 for Urban Dictionary!
If you read all of the definitions from the Urban Dictionary, which I think that we can all agree is not the final voice of defining anything, it's all over the map.

You read one definition, and the Zeta man is a douche or close to it.

But if you read the articles, and read a bit closer the definitions in other areas, then the Zeta man is rather special in his approach to rules ... and life.

Which I find that portion of all of this very riveting. Thank you for the responses so far!!!
Zeta? Isn't that a guy that is a member of ZBT? aka Frat in college with a strong Jewish membership?
(Side note: I always feel like I'm the last to know certain terms and "stuff". Sometimes, this is true and sometimes not. )

At any rate, this weekend, I heard someone say, "Oh, he's a Zeta man. Typical."

And I'm thinking, "Typical what?"

So I did some research. Read a few articles. And before I list a few thoughts about what some of the characteristics of a Zeta male could be, I would really appreciate some thoughts from everyone here.

Do you think that Zeta men could possible be more fuckable/suckable/adorable than others? Or would one consider a typical "Zeta guy" to be someone who isn't quite as appealing because of his personality traits, or supposed personality traits?

After all, when we're discussing men and their different strengths and frailties, so often it does have some bearing on their interactions with women.

I'll write more of my thoughts after hearing some comments from the members here. Oh, and I'm always interested in hearing about the female equivalent of being "Zeta" as well. For instance, would a "Zeta" type make a good sex worker? So far, I'm thinking yes.

I'm looking forward to reading your responses because the definition, as I see it, is all over the place.

Always,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
EW, I think the zeta male is interchanged with omega male in this blog post: http://socialpathology.blogspot.com/...gamma-man.html

The zeta or omega male is the kind of man totally dependent on a woman, i.e. the loser stripper boyfriend who takes the stripper's earnings and uses it to buy drugs.

To me, the alpha males are CEOs. Beta males are middle management and gamma males are entrepreneurs.

"The ideal is the Gamma Male. Not often talked about, but they are out there. Usually a Gamma is an Alpha Male that “grew up” and toned down the antics slightly and started being socially conscious and more of a team player. Or they started as a Beta Male that “grew a pair” and started bumping back on the rest of the world rather than just taking it lying down. Either way works as a route. Like Jean-Luc Picard, Gammas use diplomacy but when required to they will respond with adept force. Mostly they are consciously aware of both their own natures, and the needs of women. They adjust on the fly to the situation, sometimes hard, sometimes soft. Gamma’s are the true ideal, but I think the Alpha and Beta terms are so ingrained, that it is simply easier to broken record the idea that if you’re too Alpha the solution is to add Beta, and if you’re too Beta the solution is to add Alpha. You already know what your weak area is. Work on that for easy gains."

I am a proud gamma male.
Is a Zeta a follower of Ze? I heard she has minions.
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-05-2013, 02:20 AM
Is a Zeta a follower of Ze? I heard she has minions. Originally Posted by Boltfan

No.. no... those are ~ZEalots. Or ZEmbies... or... oh shit, I have lost track of all the cool nicknames they created.

Back on track however - leave it to Elisabeth to create an amazing conversation. She always gets my brain twirling away.

Please send me more reference materials.
EW...I have bouncing back and forth waiting for your side of the zeta hierarchy. I enjoy your insightful post and follow ups...they are always so well written and in great form. The small amount I was able to review today paints a zeta in less than favorable light but your initial tone sounded like perhaps a favorable trait so I want more....or hell tell us another cool tidbit of something else.
How bout a weekly EW corner where you cover anything, I would subscribe
Are not labels sticky? Or, incomplete, inconsistant or contain misconceptions?
A real world example of the difference between a Zeta and other types of males.
During war, The alpha is the guy who yells “Follow Me Boys!”, jumps out of the trenches and gets mowed down by a machine gun. The betas look at each other and say” That did not work so well for him, but he must have known what he was doing.” So they jump out of the trench, run a few steps and get mowed down by the machine gun.

This continues down the alphabet until one side only has zeta males left. They look at each other and say “Fuck this. Those guys were nuts! If I surrender, I get to go home and have a good chance at nailing that hottie from high school because the other idiots are all dead”. So they throw down their guns and yell “You win”

So all you alphas out there. Go for it!!! Lead on!!!
Nice EW, so we meet again around another interesting topic.

So...this kinda reminds me of the "metrosexual" commentary 10 years ago. I had some of those traits. I was an inner city guy (not in Dallas). (I never did the buffing my nails thing tho. I never got that.)

As technology in industry has reduced the physical labor jobs for which, historically, men were better suited, and women's liberation has helped level the laying field for women in society, men are reassessing our roles.

Rightly they should. If women want to "have it all" with kids and careers, then men should get more, too. It's good to see men getting more involved in raising their children. The word in research says it's advantageous for both the men and their kids.

Overall, I think we have a natural tendency to want categorize, label, and often generalize. It's good for social commentary, pop culture discussions, and anthropologists. I mean, you can teach people when you have common terms for phenomenon we observe in our culture.

I, personally, think the whole conversation is limited. There are a lot of very different kinds of men, living in all types of ways, with varying traits, lifestyles, and adaptations. We are blessed to live in America where we have the freedom to explore roles, and decide to buck trends and conventions, if we so choose.

Zetas? It's just a word. It's definition, if there ever is one, will only be accurate for a small percentage, and the majority of the rest might be close, but with exceptions. They will be generalized into groups so that people (or academics) who need labels will have them.

I think reading into how these 'zetas' might be in the sack, will be difficult. (This could almost be in Sandbox.)

My humble .02,
LnH
Elisabeth,

I always thought there were only Alphas and Betas as far as general categorization. That being said, I have always known that there was a bit of Beta in all Alphas and Alpha in all Betas.
Now I find that they are breaking it down to Gammas, Zetas and Omegas? I think that's just too many labels. I like my Black n White world of just Us Alphas and then there's the rest of them (males). LOL
Good topic though...interesting!