San Marcos

Anyone leave Austin to move to the San Marcos area? Austin is just like little Chicago. I’m ready to move out to San Marcos or Wimberly area.
Take me with u I’m starting to hate the new austin I’m sick and tired of the way the new austin is going
It’s been going to hell in a hand basket for years, but it’s so terrible now I don’t even like leaving my house!
The quality of life here has gone down hill
That area is still laid back & scenic.
I have moved to SanM and now to New Braunfels 4 years ago and I love it here No traffic to go anywhere, if you are staying away from IH-35
The quality of life here has gone down hill Originally Posted by Latin_ATX
Yea it is. It seems like it’s spiraling down in an exponential way too. It’s gotten ridiculous. High cost of living for a really subpar quality of life. I think it’ll get worse also with the inflation, rise of gas prices, etc.
Only thing about moving to San Marcos is that there is little to no providers out here unfortunately
From S.A. to Austin. There are parts of San Marcos that are nice if you're willing to drive an hour or so away from IH 35. Wimberly is just becoming an overpriced bedroom community to Austin.

Between the bipolar politics (It's OK to run around with guns / you're welcome here if you are a multi-millionaire), the rising property values and tax rates, I'm looking long and hard at property between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.