South verses North

I decided to stay in South Austin today

Im really considering going to that crawfish festival in llano
I love South Austin. It’s my home. I just moved to the domain recently, but a have a place in South Austin as well! I have to use my gps for everything up north! I’m a total Southie! I’m out of my element in the Domain area, but I guess I get to have the best of both worlds now!
I don’t like south austin. North Austin arboretum/ domain area is much better, oh by the way Madeline is fine as hell
I have lived in S. Austin for 10 years, and watch every cool new restaurant I want to try move into the Burnet area, all you providers hang out around the Domain.

N. Austin is basically another city from where I am in in far south Austin, so it kills me.
Burnet area? Guess that's the one area I do not venture too.
In fact I had to google where it was.

This is exactly why I try to stay off 35 and Ben White then Buda
to get my south fix

Tech Ridge or Domain area then Cedat Park to get my North fix.

I decided to not drive an hr to go yo Llano to do the crawfish Open.
I decided to not drive an hr away. lol so I went to the Marley fest
drove an hr looking for parking. SMH.. HIGHLY OVER RATED 40 bucks at the gate an hr or longer between sets with no music at all. very surprised they did not have local bands set up on the side stage for fill in music while the old bands tore down and the new bands set up...
well I did it once had family fun time but will not do it again I remember when it was $8 bucks and a can good. lol

Did have to wash my hair so I would not smell like you know,,, lol
Morning beautiful magichands2
Burnet area? Guess that's the one area I do not venture too.
In fact I had to google where it was.

This is exactly why I try to stay off 35 and Ben White then Buda
to get my south fix

Tech Ridge or Domain area then Cedat Park to get my North fix.

I decided to not drive an hr to go yo Llano to do the crawfish Open.
I decided to not drive an hr away. lol so I went to the Marley fest
drove an hr looking for parking. SMH.. HIGHLY OVER RATED 40 bucks at the gate an hr or longer between sets with no music at all. very surprised they did not have local bands set up on the side stage for fill in music while the old bands tore down and the new bands set up...
well I did it once had family fun time but will not do it again I remember when it was $8 bucks and a can good. lol

Did have to wash my hair so I would not smell like you know,,, lol Originally Posted by Majichands

Yeah 35/Ben White is in driving distance from me, so I'd be able to see you if you hung around there.

It seems everyone else eventually hits the Domain/Lakeline or even Arboretum and all of those would be like a 45 minute drive and then back. Not an easy thing to do when you work from home.
I don't understand the big deal about the domain. It's so "Dallas" to me. South Austin will always have more charm and character, but I am to please, so stay in the Domain area for clients. But I'd much rather hang in a quaint part of south Austin. Then again, Austin just isn't Austin anymore period. I'm looking forward to traveling soon.
I don't understand the big deal about the domain. It's so "Dallas" to me. Originally Posted by Madeline Swan
You're right, and yet, from what I hear, Dallas is the best city for this kind of thing, so it doesn't surprise me that its the hopping part of town.
You're right, and yet, from what I hear, Dallas is the best city for this kind of thing, so it doesn't surprise me that its the hopping part of town. Originally Posted by austintoast
Lol it is the best that Austin has to offer. Because man everywhere else is well, pretty lame and that includes Downtown Austin. Unless you like paddle boarding on the river I suppose.