Favorite cities and states to visit?

I'm about to travel the US for a while. What are your favorite vacation spots, places to live if you had the choice, places like Austin used to be?

Also, what are the best beaches along Florida and swinging up to the eastern coastline?

Last,I'm always looking for airline miles, hotel and/or travel hook ups or secrets.

I've traveled the West coast. Now it's time to see some of the southern states and the Carolinas then up to Boston and surrounding areas. I'm not planning on touring. This is just a personal adventure I'll be embarking on, so the more cool tips and favorite places to check out, the better!
I'm about to travel the US for a while. What are your favorite vacation spots, places to live if you had the choice, places like Austin used to be?

Also, what are the best beaches along Florida and swinging up to the eastern coastline?

Last,I'm always looking for airline miles, hotel and/or travel hook ups or secrets.

I've traveled the West coast. Now it's time to see some of the southern states and the Carolinas then up to Boston and surrounding areas. I'm not planning on touring. This is just a personal adventure I'll be embarking on, so the more cool tips and favorite places to check out, the better! Originally Posted by Madeline Swan
Asheville, NC reminds me a lot of 1990s Austin. I like Vero Beach, FL and Jacksonville beaches - pretty chill areas. St. Augustine is fun too with an Adam & Eve outlet store nearby on I-95 Many folks talked about Maryland Eastern shore and Jersey shore when I lived in Northern VA.

Enjoy your trip.
I go to Quebec. Montreal is much like a large French city than it is anything in the US. Quebec City is like a provincial mid sized town in France.

The food is fantastic.

The night life is epic.

If you ask politely, everyone speaks passable English. My French sux.

The current exchange rate is around $0.75 - $0.80 USD to CAD.

And (this probably won't interest you) the hobby is decriminalized and I have had some of my most memorable encounters have been with les femmes Quebecois.

Rent a car in the US and gas it up full before you hit the border.

Make sure to take your passport or else US Border Patrol won't let you back into the country. I had that happen once. They let me in when I said, "You mean I have to spend the rest of life in Montreal instead of returning to the US?"