Justice John Roberts

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...te-a-lifeline/

He gives me a headache! I don't like Justices who vote tactically.

I'll noodle this; I'll noodle that.

Looks like he's taken up the role of swing justice.

1st obamacare

2nd census question

3rd unconstitutional deep state regulations
I have to agree on the gerrymandering issue. Every state sets their own rules. The problem is that it opens the door for illegals to vote in federal elections by saying that states can set their own rules...but not if they affect the raw product (votes) in an election on the national level.
I have to agree on the gerrymandering issue. Every state sets their own rules. The problem is that it opens the door for illegals to vote in federal elections by saying that states can set their own rules...but not if they affect the raw product (votes) in an election on the national level. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Aren't you on the wrong thread?
Conservatives blast Roberts as turncoat

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...oberts-1386124

Among some conservatives close to Trump, the sense of anger and betrayal was palpable, with some on the right suffering painful flashbacks to Roberts’ 2012 decision to join with the court’s Democratic appointees and uphold Obamacare’s individual mandate even as all of his Republican-appointed colleagues dissented. The anger seemed especially acute with possible abortion-related cases on the horizon for the next term.

Maybe he's trying to bring respect to one brach.

Maybe he's trying to bring respect to one brach. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
What "one" female dog...any particular breed...do you want Roberts to bring respect to??
Hunting,guard,companion,lap or just plain old mutt...Please elaborate k95!!
bb1961, roberts is a noodler... he's trying to thread needles between ideologies and protecting the deep state from each other.
Oh, is this the Roberts bashing thread? I don't think the other thread was up when I posted.
The one thing the Feds are charged with IS immigration & and import export under the transportation act.
Oh, is this the Roberts bashing thread? I don't think the other thread was up when I posted. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

yes it is.
What "one" female dog...any particular breed...do you want Roberts to bring respect to??
Hunting,guard,companion,lap or just plain old mutt...Please elaborate k95!! Originally Posted by bb1961

Ok. I'll admit. It was a typo. I inadvertently ommited the "n". But let's go with it- because it works and I'm just that good.

Archaic: a female hound; bitch. also brach′et. Origin of brach. Middle English and Old French brache, back-formation from Old French brachez, plural of brachet, hunting dog from Frankish an unverified form brak; akin to Old High German brakko from Indo-European an unverified form bhrag-, to smell: see fragrant.

Our goverment is OUR servant. The bitch is supposed to know its place. Not as a companion, nor a lap dog warming our crotch (unless you're into that), but maybe a mutt if it can perform the necessary duty and service for the long-term good.

Is it a short-sighted canine? Or can it see above and beyond what is in its immediate view.

I gave up on the Executive branch to serve us after Bush senior. The Legislative branch lost its mind with "are you now, or were you ever . . . ?"

https://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilr...carthyism.html

The Judicial branch was reaching a tipping point where the balance was weighed too heavily on one side. I agree with you in your opening post. The swinging scale is tottering to try to recapture some semblance of veneration.

I'm glaad. Typo intended. Do you know how many abortion clinics there are in Missouri? I'll show you.

Commission, Not Court, Deciding Fate of Abortion in Missouri

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...on-in-missouri

The state initially let the clinic's abortion license lapse at the end of May, then announced more definitively last week that it would not renew the license. A judge's rulings have kept the clinic open, but only until 5 p.m. Friday. Judge Michael Stelzer's ruling from last week also stated that the license issue should be resolved by the state Administrative Hearing Commission, not the courts.

Because you were so courteous and forward with your request for my elaboration, I thought I would be honest abouy my clerical error. Instead of just pontificating straight into this "government serving the people like an obsequious dog" diatribe.

What, Exactly, Is a Dog's Purpose?

https://www.gq.com/story/what-is-a-dogs-purpose

I viewed A Dog's Purpose at an advance screening a few weeks ago, back when deciding to see it would make people question your taste, but probably not your morals. One thing I can tell you, if you do decide to see it: This movie will fuck you up.

I don't "out" people, you're quite the "un"named novelist
Does this forum have enough bandwidth for all your brilliance??
Maybe Trump will fire him.

Hasn't he already said he's not going to abide by the SCOTUS decision to block his xenophobic citizenship question for the census.

Wonder how he's doing with SCOTUS's decision to tell Alabama to GTFOH with their antiabortion law.

How are you fellas doing with that?

Sometimes being a judge means being a judge, not a partisan.
Maybe Trump will fire him.

Hasn't he already said he's not going to abide by the SCOTUS decision to block his xenophobic citizenship question for the census.

Wonder how he's doing with SCOTUS's decision to tell Alabama to GTFOH with their antiabortion law.

How are you fellas doing with that?

Sometimes being a judge means being a judge, not a partisan. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

you mean like the many judges who try to legislate from the bench? or arya ok with that as long as they oppose the clear rights and duties of the President?
Seems like legislating from the bench is the MO of this administration. Shamelessly, I might add. Why else have Trump and McConnell boasted of packing the court, as have numerous posters on this site?

Don’t bitch about it. Own it.
Seems like legislating from the bench is the MO of this administration. Shamelessly, I might add. Why else have Trump and McConnell boasted of packing the court, as have numerous posters on this site?

Don’t bitch about it. Own it. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider