So you meet a provider or hobbyist in public what is the right protocol?

I ran across a provider i used to see often. Well a while back i had business to take care of and she was working there. I can’t remember if i or if she winked but we both left it at that. Lets say i winked first was I wrong or if she winked first was she wrong. Regardless just curious how would you handle the situation ?
Conduct my business and move along.
Don't make eye contact. Don't acknowledge them. Pretend you don't know them.
Ignore ignore ignore.
What Laura said!
Maybe I just haven't had my coffee yet, but I can't fathom why anyone would even consider asking this question.
Maybe I just haven't had my coffee yet, but I can't fathom why anyone would even consider asking this question. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
Its' only been asked 20 times before...
And I SMH each time.
If you ran into your mother at a brothel would you let on?
I had one come up, hug me real tight and say - heeeey! text me. *awkward
Don't let on .. keep on walking
maybe someone can cumpile the best answers to this question and post them. then ask the mods to make it a sticky post.
Nothing’s wrong with a SLIGHT acknowledging smile from both parties, as you both continue on your way. There shouldn’t be any reason to take it beyond that, usually.

Nobody’s going to notice or give a shit that two [seemingly normal] people just cracked smiles at each other.
If you ran into your mother at a brothel would you let on? Originally Posted by Souper
Course not, I'd keep fucking her like nothing happened.
Nothing’s wrong with a SLIGHT acknowledging smile from both parties, as you both continue on your way. There shouldn’t be any reason to take it beyond that, usually.

Nobody’s going to notice or give a shit that two [seemingly normal] people just cracked smiles at each other. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
Only problem, your definition of slight may just be a tad different from someone else's. It kinda depends on the situation too. I would prefer to not be smiled at while out with my kids but if I'm at a concert, maybe. That's why I say just ignore. Too many variables