What's Up With The Winter Olympic Games?

We were at a restaurant Friday night and it was on TV showing mens figure skating. Lots of empty seats in the arena. Many in the lower deck. It as like 9:30am there live.

Watched from another restaurant Saturday. Did the Olympics merge with the X games?

Now they are saying the ratings and attendance are tanking. Why?
Other than it's the WINTER Olympics?
Then there is this

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/win...jC5?li=BBnb7Kz

The author is lamenting on Americans hating on US athletes.

All three of these athletes fired the first salvo by expressing their distain for President Trump and Vice President Pence.

Just like the kneeling NFL players, you have the right to express your opinion. And just like with the NFL, viewers have the right to change the channel.
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2018, 04:15 PM
If you are not watching the Winter Olympics because of three athletes expressing the 1rst amendment right, then the Russian bots have won.

I haven't watched 30 minutes of them but I'm not really interested in half that shit.

Maybe ratings are down because we are getting our ass kicked in the medal count.
Now they are saying the ratings and attendance are tanking. Why?
Other than it's the WINTER Olympics? Originally Posted by gnadfly
It's cold at Ground Zero!
The Koreans claim to have sold over one million event tickets. There must be a lot of people watching the cross country skiing.
Just shut up and ski, twirl, skate, curl, and fuck (37 condoms per athlete). Anyone remember the 68 Olympics?
Maybe nude female figure skating would help ratings?
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Maybe nude female figure skating would help ratings? Originally Posted by bambino
Nude male skating would capture the attention of LL and JDCornhole!
Nude male skating would capture my attention! Originally Posted by WTF
I'm sure you would go out there and attempt to suck cock publicly. You know "dey mite bees a brotha on da down lo", like you.
Now they are saying the ratings and attendance are tanking. Why? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Good! Eff NBC and the horse they rode in on. I hope they take a major league $$$$$ bath on this.
Then there is this

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/win...jC5?li=BBnb7Kz

The author is lamenting on Americans hating on US athletes.

All three of these athletes fired the first salvo by expressing their distain for President Trump and Vice President Pence.

Just like the kneeling NFL players, you have the right to express your opinion. And just like with the NFL, viewers have the right to change the channel. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Or maybe, its cause people don't give a rats butt about watching snowflake athletes, pander their LGBTQ agenda in our faces..
Maybe ratings are down because we are getting our ass kicked in the medal count. Originally Posted by WTF
U.S. is number six in the medal count. Tied with Canada on the gold count at 5.

Place Country............ Gold Silver Bronze Total
... Norway....... 9 ... 9 ..... 8 ... 26
... Germany...... 9 ... 5 ..... 4 ... 18
... Canada....... 5 ... 5 ..... 6 ... 16
... Netherlands.. 6 ... 5 ..... 2 ... 13
... OA Russia ... 0 ... 3 ..... 8 ... 11
... United States 5 ... 3 ..... 2 ... 10
... Austria ..... 4 ... 2 ..... 4 ... 10
... France ...... 4 ... 2 ..... 4 ... 10
... Japan ....... 2 ... 5 ..... 3 ... 10
... Sweden ...... 4 ... 3 ..... 0 ... 7

I consider myself to be a sports fanatic. College basketball and football. Pro football and baseball. During the Summer Olympics I will watch every swimming and T&F event and other events in which I may have an interest. However, the only time I watch the Winter Olympics is when an American is considered to be competitive in one of the more major events. Skiing, speed skating, luge, skeleton, figure skating (Nathan Chen's free skate was amazing), etc. Maybe 3 hours so far in 10 days of competition.
Another thing...

What's up with this OAR bullshit?

Why didn't the corrupt IOC ban Russia altogether for these Olympics for their blatant attempts at doping?

It's not enough to simply go back and strip the offending athletes of their medals...the penalty needed to be more severe going forward for the entire nation (think of it somewhat akin to the NCAA's death penalty imposed on SMU yrs ago).

If a banning penalty affected Russian athletes who had nothing to do with the (past) doping offenses, well, tough luck. Next time, Russia, there won't be a next time, right? And if there was, make it a two-decade ban then.

The thing is...the corrupt IOC will never do any of that. Too many bad actors on the take within the IOC (much akin to FIFA's issues) would sympathize with the Rooskies and never embarrass them like that.....that and scared they might lose their comfy "situation"....

U.S. is number six in the medal count. Tied with Canada on the gold count at 5.

Place Country............ Gold Silver Bronze Total
... Norway....... 9 ... 9 ..... 8 ... 26
... Germany...... 9 ... 5 ..... 4 ... 18
... Canada....... 5 ... 5 ..... 6 ... 16
... Netherlands.. 6 ... 5 ..... 2 ... 13
... OA Russia ... 0 ... 3 ..... 8 ... 11
... United States 5 ... 3 ..... 2 ... 10
... Austria ..... 4 ... 2 ..... 4 ... 10
... France ...... 4 ... 2 ..... 4 ... 10
... Japan ....... 2 ... 5 ..... 3 ... 10
... Sweden ...... 4 ... 3 ..... 0 ... 7

Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Another thing...

What's up with this OAR bullshit?

Why didn't the corrupt IOC ban Russia altogether for these Olympics for their blatant attempts at doping?

It's not enough to simply go back and strip the offending athletes of their medals...the penalty needed to be more severe going forward for the entire nation (think of it somewhat akin to the NCAA's death penalty imposed on SMU yrs ago).

If a banning penalty affected Russian athletes who had nothing to do with the (past) doping offenses, well, tough luck. Next time, Russia, there won't be a next time, right? And if there was, make it a two-decade ban then.

The thing is...the corrupt IOC will never do any of that. Too many bad actors on the take within the IOC (much akin to FIFA's issues) would sympathize with the Rooskies and never embarrass them like that.....that and scared they might lose their comfy "situation".... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
for those who don't know what OAR means, it is Olympic Athletes from Russia.

Russian Olympic team was banned for illegal doping. however they were complaints from the russian athletes who did not take part in it about being banned. the OAR was said to be a compromise over a complete ban.

I agree with tthe OAR thing is bogus. at least give credit where its due to non-doped russian athletes.