Mo' Money! Mo' Money! Mo' Money! Thanks President Trump

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...igh-2018-09-07

201,000 jobs added to the US economy (somehow the UE rate didn't go down)
Wage growth UP significantly
Black unemployment at historic low except for one guy...wait he DID get a job.

Now if tech would come back from the beating it got this week.

Keep the economy humming. Keep the House and Senate in November.

201,000 jobs added to the US economy (somehow the UE rate didn't go down) Originally Posted by gnadfly
Workers returning to the workforce, but not counted as "unemployed" based on not seeking/receiving any government benefits. A more accurate and/or "positive" stat is the EMPLOYED rate, which is at an all-time high.

BTW the disingenuous, negative, anti/never Trumpers who whine about the "wages" are clueless with respect to how the "job/wage market" fluctuates with competition for jobs and/or qualified workers. Employers will have to "bid" for qualified workers to fill their openings by offering higher wages/benefits.
Falling on Deaf ears.

Wont hear anything from CNN or MSNBC
Falling on Deaf ears.

Wont hear anything from CNN or MSNBC Originally Posted by Gotyour6
They don't matter. They are no longer relevant.
Falling on Deaf ears.

Wont hear anything from CNN or MSNBC Originally Posted by Gotyour6
LOL!

I wonder how many of those jobs are for defense attorneys?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/07/new...ort/index.html

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wat...99746?v=raila&
Workers returning to the workforce, but not counted as "unemployed" based on not seeking/receiving any government benefits. A more accurate and/or "positive" stat is the EMPLOYED rate, which is at an all-time high.

BTW the disingenuous, negative, anti/never Trumpers who whine about the "wages" are clueless with respect to how the "job/wage market" fluctuates with competition for jobs and/or qualified workers. Employers will have to "bid" for qualified workers to fill their openings by offering higher wages/benefits. Originally Posted by LexusLover
The liberals would rather everyone starve than give Trump credit for the highest employment in years.
Great observation, friendly fred!

Is that because we're all "lazy" like Sen. Booker?
Now hold on just a minute here, gnadfly. Are you telling us that we should vote Repub to keep the economy growing? Aren't you forgetting that Nancy Pelosi promises a big jobs program?
Pelosi's idea of a big jobs program is increasing welfare benefits. You know you get 10 dollars of benefit for every dollar of benefit?

They had their chance and blew it.
Pelosi's idea of a big jobs program is increasing welfare benefits. You know you get 10 dollars of benefit for every dollar of benefit?

They had their chance and blew it. Originally Posted by gnadfly

I remember something like that! She said that food stamps is a "jobs program," presumably because of all the extra people beer and fast food joints might need to hire to serve new hordes of people flooding into their doors with newly loaded EBT cards lol
As I pointed out in another thread, in Obama's first 18 months in office the DJIA went up 72%. Many of us who had money in the stock market at that time made quite a bit of money. Yet in the mid-term elections of 2010 Democrats lost 6 Senate seats and 63 House seats. And although Trump's approval rating on the economy is high (about 68% believe U.S. economic conditions are "good" and approximately 50% approve of Trump's handling of the economy) his overall approval rating hovers around 40%.
Approval rate on taxes 45%. Foreign affairs 40%. Foreign trade 38%. Immigration 37%. Environmental policy 31%.

Obviously there's more to how people see Trump's success as POTUS than how he has done on the economy. How that lack of approval turns into votes in November will be interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.2677b3eafe39
Aren't you forgetting that Nancy Pelosi promises a big jobs program? Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
Here's one of them from the last administration ....

Under a "Pelosi Administration" ...

... illegal aliens working in the yards.
I don't think Trump rolls up his sleeves to take a shower.
As I pointed out in another thread, in Obama's first 18 months in office the DJIA went up 72%. Many of us who had money in the stock market at that time made quite a bit of money. Yet in the mid-term elections of 2010 Democrats lost 6 Senate seats and 63 House seats. And although Trump's approval rating on the economy is high (about 68% believe U.S. economic conditions are "good" and approximately 50% approve of Trump's handling of the economy) his overall approval rating hovers around 40%.
Approval rate on taxes 45%. Foreign affairs 40%. Foreign trade 38%. Immigration 37%. Environmental policy 31%.

Obviously there's more to how people see Trump's success as POTUS than how he has done on the economy. How that lack of approval turns into votes in November will be interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.2677b3eafe39 Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

We all made a lot of money in the markets during the Obama years, but what does that have to do with anything he did? Mostly, he had the good fortune to get into office after the economy took its worst nosedive in generations. After the fed dumped rates to neat zero and kept them there for a long time, how could stocks have not gone on a tear?

Look, I largely agree with you about Trump. He's a train wreck in a variety of ways, but I am on board with the notion that we needed a corporate tax cut to bring rates more in line with those in the rest of the world, and regulatory relief that has brought about renewed optimism.

Now we will just have to see if we can keep it up. Long road ahead.
We all made a lot of money in the markets during the Obama years, but what does that have to do with anything he did? Mostly, he had the good fortune to get into office after the economy took its worst nosedive in generations. After the fed dumped rates to neat zero and kept them there for a long time, how could stocks have not gone on a tear?

Look, I largely agree with you about Trump. He's a train wreck in a variety of ways, but I am on board with the notion that we needed a corporate tax cut to bring rates more in line with those in the rest of the world, and regulatory relief that has brought about renewed optimism.

Now we will just have to see if we can keep it up. Long road ahead. Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
The reason I brought up Obama was to point out that even when the economy is doing well that voters obviously cast their votes on issues other than just the economy.

The tax cuts were good for all taxpayers, better for some (the rich and corporations) than others (middle of the middle class and lower). You are definitely correct in that corporate tax rates needed to be cut.

And I also agree that there is a long road ahead, although the average person in this country has it quite good.