Question: Okays and bad reviews?

Question: If a guy gives a provider a bad review, should he still expect her to give him a okay on p411?

Also, by him bumping his bad review of her because she wont give him a okay, would you consider that harassment?

Is there any type of checks and balances to prevent something like this from happening?
I think an ok should be given, if the review was factual and not mean-spirited.. bumping a thread is not harrassment, I don't think.. immature though..
I agree. It is a little immature to do that.

Thanks for the feed back.
You're required to give an OK to hobbyists who were "OK" in order to be allowed to stay on P411.

"OK" doesn't mean you would see him again. It's just very basic.
If you withhold an OK then you have to tell them why. They are pretty strict on what is a valid basis on which to withhold an OK

P411 is such an awesome resource for us! It gives us free advertising and an quick easy way to screen, so I would follow their rules.
I LOVE p411!!!!! To me it's the best out there!
+1 on everything said so far..

However I believe that there are 2 sides to every story, so who knows if there is an underlying reason for the "no" on the client's part perhaps. Like maybe he might've made her uncomfortable somehow or was too aggressive, etc.. If the provider had any issue with hygiene, aggressiveness, etc then I would think she can with hold the OK.

If that wasn't the case, and the provider's appearance, performance, hygiene, etc wasn't up to par, then it was her own doing and she deserves the no and shouldn't with hold the OK.. But I'm just wondering, why would a guy even want an ok from a girl he didn't have a good time with? Just to have a reference/ok and to make it easier to see other ladies?
I can't agree with you more! If the review was honest/accurate then a P411 OKAY should be given. I'd request an OKAY but I wouldn't expect to receive it.
Intentionally bumping a review thread is just crappy if its meant to just embarrass the provider! If you're just responding to a question in the thread then it's alright.
I thank God I've never had to leave a negative feedback for a provider. I've had to REALLY search for positive points in an encounter but I was able to at the least find enough positive points to issue a positive 'with reservations/warnings' for the 'heavy duty' hobbyist.

I think an ok should be given, if the review was factual and not mean-spirited.. bumping a thread is not harrassment, I don't think.. immature though.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I agree 100% Kaylee! P411 works great for both the provider and the hobbyist!
Worth the money FOR SURE!!
Jim

I LOVE p411!!!!! To me it's the best out there! Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
  • modus
  • 05-05-2014, 11:10 AM
You're required to give an OK to hobbyists who were "OK" in order to be allowed to stay on P411.

"OK" doesn't mean you would see him again. It's just very basic.
If you withhold an OK then you have to tell them why. They are pretty strict on what is a valid basis on which to withhold an OK

P411 is such an awesome resource for us! It gives us free advertising and an quick easy way to screen, so I would follow their rules. Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Wow, you can't withhold an OK? They should give you guys a private way to say you would see the hobbyist again, that would be more informative.
I thought a P411 OK meant the the guy showed up on time, left on time, was clean, respectful and left the correct donation. Bad review notwithstanding the former are facts, the review an opinion.
I honestly thought an OK meant I was an alright guy, man what a hit to the ego!
Both should be independent of one another.

I can see where a client enjoys a provider and recommends her, at the same time, she does not ok him for future visits, for a specific reason.

The criteria are different for a recommend and an ok.
delete
Now since men have to actually write and request an OK on preferred411 (it's a newer procedure), I'm rather surprised that a guy who gave a "no" review would request an OK from the lady.

Just seems out of place.

Anyway ... if the guy doesn't deserve the OK, then don't give it. Period. If he gets upset because of it, that's his issue and not yours.

There has been only one time that I didn't give an OK. And the reason was personal. But I'll tell everyone anyway!

He used to be a real problem poster at the time, and this was a few years back. He's no longer around. I probably shouldn't have seen him to begin with but he haggled and then, I agreed. Plus, I'll admit that I was curious about the man.

I know. Shame on me but my philosophy is offer me what you wish to offer me and I'll tell you no if I want to.

Well ... the appointment was awkward and I didn't even check the envelope until the next morning because it was a late appointment. Again, he was a very well known poster on this board and I didn't think for a moment, knowing his personality, that the funds wouldn't be correct.

It was short. I contacted him, was pretty upset ($120 short), and he made it right and apologized.

But I had to drive to HIS location to get the additional funds. It took almost 2 hours to do it. And the appointment wasn't a positive one. We liked each other well enough, I guess.

But he was awkward (generally not an issue), rough, was verbally aggressive towards me, and then I was shorted. I didn't feel right giving him an OK. And that was alright!

I'm not one for bullies. If I guy wishes to bump a poor review, best thing to do is ignore him.

And at the end of the day, I just doubt that Gina would do something to your account if there was a sincere reason to NOT give this guy an OK on preferred411.

I appreciate that she doesn't take bullshit from ladies in the business. I respect it. But she's a woman, too. And experienced. Shrug.

Interesting topic, kaylee!

Best,
Elisabeth
The clients who plan to write a less than great review usually request the Okay first, then write the review after the Okay is given. Doing this often causes the provider to suddenly remember a long list of problems with the client, and to request that her Okay be retracted.

My personal opinion is that Okays should be given based an a cookie cutter criteria. Arrived on time, paid the entire fee, was no more trouble than your usual client, left on time.

Reviews are completely separate from Okays, and are based on opinion alone. So a good client, who is deserving of an Okay, might not be impressed with a provider's lackluster enthusiasm, texting during the appointment or that there was cat hair everywhere, and he should be able to say so without losing his Okay.

However, in the real world, some providers immediately remember a number of terrible things about the client right after the less than stellar review goes up, and want to Okay removed to "protect the community" (oh puh-lease).

It's a load of BS if you ask me, but I am just too tired to get involved in the drama these days. If a provider and client want to fight it out, go ahead.... but ladies please be very clear that the drama IS noted, and IS NOT appreciated by the P411 staff and I.

When I ran the agency (Private Connection) we had to deal with reviews, good and bad. We gave discounts to reviewers, regardless of whether they were more honest reviewers or WKers. I believe that conducting your business in a professional manner, even when faced with negative feedback, is the only way to truly succeed in this industry (or probably any industry, but I have zero experience with that).

Always,
Gina