hmmm... I'm confused...!

I'm not sure who I need to address this issue with, so I'm just posting it here, because perhaps there is a chance that others are struggling with the same issue and are just as confused...

I may end up getting points for this, which I think would be really unfair since I'm merely asking a question, but...

How is my post about re-opening the Babes of Wichita any different than all of the "I'm back, did you miss me?", "I'm traveling to so and so", "I've arrived in your city" type posts? Why is my post considered an ad, but theirs are not?

Some examples:
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=573425
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=572914
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=571986
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=566278
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=566165
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=563332
And these are all just in the month of October alone!

I think it's fair to say that ALL of them are ads (some just disguised a little more cleverly than others), and should be moved to the ads section, just like my post. That's just my opinion, though. (but if you feel the same, please show me some support on this!)

I wasn't intending my post as an ad, I was merely making it public knowledge that the Babes were back, as many people have asked me if we would ever re-open. Now, since it's been moved to the ads section I can't even make a REAL ad for a week. Great.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a fair response to my question from the powers that be...as I was honestly stumped by this. Especially since the last time I checked providers were allowed to post threADs.

Thanks,
Staci Stacked
The Weekend Lineup forum is abused on a regular basis as well but the mods generally do nothing. In my relatively brief time on this board, I've come to believe that there really aren't any hard fast criteria against which the mods make their decisions. More often than not decisions seem based on a gut feeling, but I could be wrong on that.

I will say that the 1 post per week limit has always struck me as rather stringent. I know several Wichita based providers that travel to KC often. Hypothetically, they might like to post one ad on Monday to indicate availabilty in Wichita, and then another ad on Thursday or Friday to indicate they will be visiting KC the following Monday. Not possible with the current restriction. Perhaps 2 per week is more reasonable.

But again, I've only been on here a short time and I suspect the ad forum was abused in the past.
Apparantly it's open for interpretation. I suspect it conflicts with some rule or rules, I wouldn't know as the only time I read any rules is when I get points for violating one...lol

Maybe it's because the "babes" are considered an agency or something but I'm sure at some point you will be told.
But Malwoody if you read the Babes web page they are not an agency just a screening service for independent contractors.

I have to say Staci I was stumped as well, I was getting ready to post a welcome back when it was moved. It seems like there is a double standard on this board in my honest opinion.

I back you 100% I did not see it as an ad or ThreAd but as hey looks who is back type of post. Because some of the ladies that use Babes as a screening service are not on ECCIE that I know of. You and Sweet Monique are the only ones that post regularly.
But Malwoody if you read the Babes web page they are not an agency just a screening service for independent contractors.

I have to say Staci I was stumped as well, I was getting ready to post a welcome back when it was moved. It seems like there is a double standard on this board in my honest opinion.

I back you 100% I did not see it as an ad or ThreAd but as hey looks who is back type of post. Because some of the ladies that use Babes as a screening service are not on ECCIE that I know of. You and Sweet Monique are the only ones that post regularly. Originally Posted by Oenghus
I was merely speculating as to why but in truth an agency is "a screening service for independent contractors". It is not your usual employee- employer relationship.
I moved the post from Coed to Provider Ads because it IS an ad. It is not a one-or-two line blurb stating "Hi, I'm thinking of coming to your city" or "Hi, I'm buying new lingerie what do you think would look good" (using your examples of postings in Coed). Your post was a full-fledged advertisement describing your hours of operation, how to contact you and who would be answering your calls, how many places you will have open and the description of when your ladies would have pics. That's considered an ad. No forum guidelines were violated, per se, but it was appropriate to have that post in the Provider Ads section.

Had you posted "Hey, we're back open. Come see our website" or "Hey, we're back open. We'll be posting details later" - that would have been OK. From your examples, had those providers listed the same kinds and detail of information, those posts would have been moved to the Ads section or been removed if the provider had not been verified. You weren't singled out, Staci, but your post was an ad - it wouldn't have even qualified as a threAD due to the amount of detail and information in it.
Providers may post 2 ads per week - one in the Provider Ads section in which they may post one ad every seven days; the other in the Weekend Lineup where a provider may post a single ad announcing their availability during the current weekend or the next weekend (they may make a single post between Thursday at 6:00 AM and Sunday at 9:00 PM). Those are the hard and fast criteria that I use and it is the one place that I check regularly to make sure that all providers in our area have a level playing field. Believe me, there are several providers that violate the rules for posting ads almost daily, and I spend most of my time going back through previous posts making sure that the seven day period has passed and that the provider hasn't posted an ad in more than 5 different ad forums within the last seven days.

What I suggest is that providers put the city in which they are located (especially if they travel frequently) in their signature line to let people know that they'll be somewhere else since their original ad was posted. Kaylen was the first provider that asked me about that, since she does travel between Topeka and KC, so she states her city location as part of her signature. You aren't violating any rules and you can let people know where you are located.

The Weekend Lineup forum is abused on a regular basis as well but the mods generally do nothing. In my relatively brief time on this board, I've come to believe that there really aren't any hard fast criteria against which the mods make their decisions. More often than not decisions seem based on a gut feeling, but I could be wrong on that.

I will say that the 1 post per week limit has always struck me as rather stringent. I know several Wichita based providers that travel to KC often. Hypothetically, they might like to post one ad on Monday to indicate availabilty in Wichita, and then another ad on Thursday or Friday to indicate they will be visiting KC the following Monday. Not possible with the current restriction. Perhaps 2 per week is more reasonable.

But again, I've only been on here a short time and I suspect the ad forum was abused in the past. Originally Posted by emosissy
Stacy.......I've said the same over and over. It always happens that the CoEd forum gets over taken by threADs. Just be glad you don't have post threADs all the time like some doll.

Not sayin you're wrong Fritz, but...........

A provider can and is able to post up to 5 ads in the regular provider ad forum IF the ads are for 5 different cities.

Now if I lived in KC and decided to hit 4 different cities within a week, would I post 4 different ads? No, cause its stupid to clutter up the forum like that. Be smart and use the city names in the title of your ad.

IJS
From a outside view....I think fritz is over reacting....The point is for those of us that are looking (customers) this tells us she is open. I recall she said she was just reopening...So whats the big deal...Unless of course we are not going for customer service...Just a thought...
A provider can and is able to post up to 5 ads in the regular provider ad forum IF the ads are for 5 different cities. Originally Posted by MsElena
That's what I said, Elena...but technically, it's not 5 different cities, it's 5 different provider ad forums in 5 different locations (cities) within ECCIE. That is, you can't post an ad in the Kansas City/Kansas forum for Kansas City, then one for Wichita, then one for Topeka, all within the same seven day period - because they are all located in the Kansas City/Kansas area; just like you can't post an ad for Omaha, then one for Lincoln, then one for Grand Island in the Nebraska forum, all within the same 7 day period. Yes, it would be nice if the powers that be would create a Kansas forum to handle Topeka, Wichita, Salina, Manhattan, u.s.w, but it's not going to happen.
From a outside view....I think fritz is over reacting....The point is for those of us that are looking (customers) this tells us she is open. I recall she said she was just reopening...So whats the big deal...Unless of course we are not going for customer service...Just a thought... Originally Posted by handsman98
Yes, had Staci's post simply said "We're open" and provided a link to a website or a note that she would post an ad later, it would have been left in Coed. But, it was the amount of detailed information within the posting that constitutes an ad vs. a threAD.
"All Verified provider and agency usergroups may post one ad per week in up to 5 city forums." - that is what is posted for us VP's to see when we post our ads.

I've posted ads in Omaha and then 2 days later in Lincoln before.....so have other ladies. Sometimes ladies decide to go another city on short notice. We should be able to post those ads since there's no rule made clear to us. I see no problem with it considering all of our cities fall into one forum, I.E., Topeka falls under the KC forum and all the cities in NE fall into the NE forum.
"All Verified provider and agency usergroups may post one ad per week in up to 5 city forums." - that is what is posted for us VP's to see when we post our ads. Originally Posted by MsElena
Again, you just repeated what I said. I would agree with you here.

I've posted ads in Omaha and then 2 days later in Lincoln before.....so have other ladies. Sometimes ladies decide to go another city on short notice. We should be able to post those ads since there's no rule made clear to us. I see no problem with it considering all of our cities fall into one forum, I.E., Topeka falls under the KC forum and all the cities in NE fall into the NE forum. Originally Posted by MsElena
And you would be wrong based on the post above this one. Your ad posted for Lincoln should have been removed once it was discovered it was posted within 2 days of the ad posted for Omaha. The city forums are the "Provider Ads" forum in each geographical region in ECCIE, not an ad listed with a different city name posted in the same Provider Ads section of a geographical region. Just because you believe you should post those ads doesn't mean you would be able to. And the rule is quite clear - you quoted it above.
The following post is NOT made with attitude or a "tone in my voice", I just want to make that clear up front! lol I'm really in a good mood, I promise! I just wanted to clarify something:

Is it not possible that some of my post could have been removed/edited that "overstepped the line" so that it could have remained in this area? I see other people's posts edited all the time...

I'm really not trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to understand. I do see now what you are referring to that made it an ad, in your opinion...and I really didn't mean for it to come off that way.

I made my post very late at night (after getting woke up by my cat knocking my drink off my nightstand grr lol), so it's possible I wasn't thinking clearly, as I do like to think I have a grip on the eccie rules. lol

Fritz, just wanted you to know that I thank you for handling this professionally and that I appreciate your responses. I promise to be good in the future...and if I'm not, you can always give me a spanking! lol

Kisses,
Staci
The following post is NOT made with attitude or a "tone in my voice", I just want to make that clear up front! lol I'm really in a good mood, I promise! I just wanted to clarify something:

Is it not possible that some of my post could have been removed/edited that "overstepped the line" so that it could have remained in this area? I see other people's posts edited all the time...

I'm really not trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to understand. I do see now what you are referring to that made it an ad, in your opinion...and I really didn't mean for it to come off that way.

I made my post very late at night (after getting woke up by my cat knocking my drink off my nightstand grr lol), so it's possible I wasn't thinking clearly, as I do like to think I have a grip on the eccie rules. lol

Fritz, just wanted you to know that I thank you for handling this professionally and that I appreciate your responses. I promise to be good in the future...and if I'm not, you can always give me a spanking! lol

Kisses,
Staci Originally Posted by Staci Stacked
Staci - Your post never overstepped the line. It was just formatted as an ad rather than as a post for discussion. It was moved intact without editing because it did not violate any of the forum guidelines, except that the post was more appropriate to have been listed in the ads section - and you see that I do move posts around to the proper forum because the content or topic is more appropriate for a different forum.