I would like information as to starting a non profit organization...

After years of learning who I am and attempting to figure out what I'm destined to be... I think I figured it out my calling... I am wanting to start something helping ~at risk~ youth and domestic violence victims....

I have worked in the Adult Entertainment Industry off and on since 1999. I have seen all that this lifestyle has to offer on every level, and what it has turned into over the years.... Long story short, I am ready to give back.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!
Are u wanting to do volunteer work Chanel? Or a career change? Either way, I think it's a beautiful idea! The best gift in life is Giving back & helping people. good luck girl.
Here you are....It is soooo worth the struggle to get on something legit and not watch over shoulder!Wish you the best to come
http://www.genie.org/
ok...its late and im dumb lol...I now see u said non-profit, my apologies.
Good luck
That actually appears to be a good site.

In the short run, you could join the ACLU. I have a feeling they could be very busy in Kansas and Missouri over the next two years.
@ Gemma... I am looking for career change. I am moving here to Kansas City to start a new chapter. I have been wanting to get out of the lifestyle for quite some time but didn't know exactly what I wanted to do. I have been on the fence of doing something for the kids or going to school for estetics.

I am aware that their will be a severe pay cut either way but I feel that the gratification that will come from giving back would me so much rewarding. I plan to work as much as I possibly can ((I do have a teenager so I am twilighting as a chauffer, chef, and banker)) through December and hopefully have enough saved to bring in the New Year as a new person!!

@ Sophia... Thanks for the info... You gave me something to do tonight!!
Chanel I can totally relate!If you have any questions on LLC,EIN,Etc email me....Another good thing after getting established is to look into Women Owned Business Enterprise!
Here you are....It is soooo worth the struggle to get on something legit and not watch over shoulder!Wish you the best to come
http://www.genie.org/ Originally Posted by ~DolceVitaBentley~
That appears to be an excellent site.

Also, as part of your research contact the local chapter of the United Way. They should be a wealth of information generally about non-profits in the KC area, but also more specifically in the area that you are interested in.

Good luck
this sounds great girly... i was in the system as a child so i believe when i get out of the business i will use alot of my spare time helping troubled youth!!! goodluck on the lifesytle change, it may be hard but i bet it will feel damn good to give back!!
My 2 cents - before you start your own non-profit, go and work at one for at least a couple of years. You will pick up a lot of insight.
My 2 cents - before you start your own non-profit, go and work at one for at least a couple of years. You will pick up a lot of insight. Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
Anexcellent suggestion!!
Thanks everyone for the insight... It truly goes appreciated!!