40/44

40 out of 44 of trumps cabinet dont support him,why do people think they know him better and support him?
MAGAs will answer that by saying those 40 are all RINOs because that is Trump's answer if a Republican does not support his incompetency. The fact that all 40 actually know Trump and what he is about is completely irrelevant to his loyal cult. The 4 out of the 44 who support him are the only opinions that matter in their minds.

Let's simplify this a bit in very basic corporate speak to make it easier to understand and divide those numbers by 4. If 10 out of 11 people who worked directly under a Fortune 500 Company's CEO think that CEO was not qualified to perform the duties of his job at the time, would that CEO ever be hired back by the Board of Directors to do the same job four years after they fired him? Sure. Why not? Have fun explaining that shit to the company's shareholders.
  • Tiny
  • Yesterday, 07:05 AM
40 out of 44 of trumps cabinet dont support him,why do people think they know him better and support him? Originally Posted by timmystool
I don’t believe that. According to reporting by the Washington Post, 57% of Trump’s former cabinet members publicly support his candidacy. I don’t subscribe to the WAPO but will include a link for those who do.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/show...log/rcna165185
https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...-endorsements/

That doesn’t mean all the other 43% will be voting for Biden. Some just haven’t publicly declared they support Trump.
  • Tiny
  • Yesterday, 07:31 AM
MAGAs will answer that by saying those 40 are all RINOs because that is Trump's answer if a Republican does not support his incompetency. The fact that all 40 actually know Trump and what he is about is completely irrelevant to his loyal cult. The 4 out of the 44 who support him are the only opinions that matter in their minds.

Let's simplify this a bit in very basic corporate speak to make it easier to understand and divide those numbers by 4. If 10 out of 11 people who worked directly under a Fortune 500 Company's CEO think that CEO was not qualified to perform the duties of his job at the time, would that CEO ever be hired back by the Board of Directors to do the same job four years after they fired him? Sure. Why not? Have fun explaining that shit to the company's shareholders. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
What if the CEO fired or forced 5 of the 11 to resign? And the other 6 publicly support the Board hiring back the CEO? That’s admittedly not a good analogy, but someone like John Bolton who was fired because he didn’t see eye to eye with Trump is going to have sour grapes.
I don’t believe that. According to reporting by the Washington Post, 57% of Trump’s former cabinet members publicly support his candidacy. I don’t subscribe to the WAPO but will include a link for those who do.

That doesn’t mean all the other 43% will be voting for Biden. Some just haven’t publicly declared they support Trump. Originally Posted by Tiny
... Too right, Tiny. ... Facts are facts.
And you surely explained the situation correctly.

But no reason for Timmy to fret. ... Trump's cabinet will
be different this time. ...

#### Salty

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
I guarantee you none of the former or future members of the Trump cabinet will be in the Cabinet in 2024, so yes, in a manner of speaking, you’re telling the truth.

That doesn’t mean all the other 43% will be voting for Biden. Some just haven’t publicly declared they support Trump. Originally Posted by Tiny

Thanks for correcting this, Tiny.

Why do so many people over-react to Trump by telling bigger lies than he does? I think all the folks out there with full-blown TDS are stuck in their own sad, angry cult.
I guarantee you none of the former or future members of the Trump cabinet will be in the Cabinet in 2024, so yes, in a manner of speaking, you’re telling the truth. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

^^^ Could someone please help me make sense out of this sentence?

How can "future members of the Trump Cabinet" be in (or not in) "the Cabinet in 2024"?

The next Cabinet, whoever wins, won't even be sworn in until Jan. 20, 2025.
I don’t believe that. According to reporting by the Washington Post, 57% of Trump’s former cabinet members publicly support his candidacy.

Tiny- I think what that means is that in politics, you can think that cabinets members think the guy is a fucking idiot, and they can still (and will) support the party over country.

Essentially- anything as long as it doesn't have a D by the name.

Tribal politics as usual. - I'd imagine a LOT of R's wish that there was a different face and name than Trump on the ticket (not the majority but I'd bet damn close)- but that ship has sailed.
What if the CEO fired or forced 5 of the 11 to resign? And the other 6 publicly support the Board hiring back the CEO? That’s admittedly not a good analogy, but someone like John Bolton who was fired because he didn’t see eye to eye with Trump is going to have sour grapes. Originally Posted by Tiny
Depends on if John Bolton did anything wrong, or just wouldn't do the stupid shit trump wanted him to do. Cause like maybe Bolton is ethical and not stupid like trump?
  • Tiny
  • Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Tiny- I think what that means is that in politics, you can think that cabinets members think the guy is a fucking idiot, and they can still (and will) support the party over country.

Essentially- anything as long as it doesn't have a D by the name.

Tribal politics as usual. - I'd imagine a LOT of R's wish that there was a different face and name than Trump on the ticket (not the majority but I'd bet damn close)- but that ship has sailed. Originally Posted by eyecu2
Eyecu2, Republican politicians who didn't want to get primaried and cabinet members who wanted to keep their jobs had to toe the Trump line. But now that they're no longer cabinet members, they should be free to speak their minds. Some of them who are supporting Trump might benefit in their professional or business careers if they didn't. The cancel culture is strong among the elite. I think most are looking at the pros and cons and coming to the conclusion the country would be better off with Trump. And admittedly they have their biases -- they served in a Republican administration.

I agree with your last paragraph. I'd sure like to see a different candidate with the nomination. In fact, I'd like to see Rand Paul (R) running against Kyrsten Sinema (D) for the presidency. Wouldn't that be the cat's meow!
  • Tiny
  • Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Depends on if John Bolton did anything wrong, or just wouldn't do the stupid shit trump wanted him to do. Cause like maybe Bolton is ethical and not stupid like trump? Originally Posted by royamcr
I fault Trump for hiring him, not firing him. Bolton's the type who could get us into a nuclear war.
  • Tiny
  • Yesterday, 06:55 PM
Thanks for correcting this, Tiny.

Why do so many people over-react to Trump by telling bigger lies than he does? I think all the folks out there with full-blown TDS are stuck in their own sad, angry cult. Originally Posted by lustylad

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
LustyLad and Salty, This is where he got it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ents-rcna96648

NBC says most of the 44 people they reached out to declined to comment or ignored the requests. So for all we know 4 people might have told NBC they were supporting Trump and the other 40 might have told them to fuck off.

Also note the article is from July 30, 2023. As Eyecu2 correctly implies, a number of these Republicans probably preferred someone like DeSantis, Hailey, Scott or Burgum. But when later confronted with a choice between Biden/Harris and Trump/Vance, they supported Trump.
What if the CEO fired or forced 5 of the 11 to resign? And the other 6 publicly support the Board hiring back the CEO? That’s admittedly not a good analogy, but someone like John Bolton who was fired because he didn’t see eye to eye with Trump is going to have sour grapes. Originally Posted by Tiny

and you can include not just Bolton but Kelly, Mattis and Tillerson to name a few. all of these people had a falling out with Trump.

couch their opposition to Trump now with that fact.

I fault Trump for hiring him, not firing him. Bolton's the type who could get us into a nuclear war. Originally Posted by Tiny

Bolton is a confirmed neocon. he's far more dangerous than Trump ever would be. once Trump realized his agenda was to push new military involvement Trump fired him.
... And since we're discussing this in a fair-minded manner
with everyone - the lot of those in Trump's cabinet were
pushed onto Trump by others.... Trump wasn't a "political bloke"
and had to rely on some establishment Repubs and even some
RINOes there with their suggestions to help fill the cabinet.

So, Trump listened and (as Trump has admitted) He took "advice"
from the WRONG Republicans - who are really Deep Staters who
were out to HURT Trump's governing the country - NOT help it.

... And IF those people I just described are on the list
of "no longer Trump supporters" - that's surely GREAT news!

#### Salty