Inquiry into January 6 US Capitol riot

Key Figures in the January 6 Inquiry

The House investigation. A select committee is scrutinizing the causes of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, which occurred as Congress met to formalize Joe Biden’s election victory amid various efforts to overturn the results. Here are some key figures in the inquiry:

Donald Trump. The former president’s movement and communications on Jan. 6 appear to be a focus of the inquiry. But Mr. Trump has attempted to shield his records, invoking executive privilege. The dispute is making its way through the courts.

Kevin McCarthy. The panel has requested an interview with the House Republican leader about his contact with Mr. Trump during the riot. The California representative, who could become speaker of the House after the midterms in November, has refused to cooperate.

Mike Pence. The former vice president could be a key witness as the committee focuses on Mr. Trump’s responsibility for the riot and considers criminal referrals, but Mr. Pence reportedly has not decided whether to cooperate.

Mark Meadows. Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, who initially provided the panel with a trove of documents that showed the extent of his role in the efforts to overturn the election, is now refusing to cooperate. The House voted to recommend holding Mr. Meadows in criminal contempt of Congress.

Scott Perry and Jim Jordan. The Republican representatives of Pennsylvania and Ohio are among a group of G.O.P. congressmen who were deeply involved in efforts to overturn the election. Both Mr. Perry and Mr. Jordan have refused to cooperate with the panel.

Fox News anchors. Texts between Sean Hannity and Trump officials in the days surrounding the riot illustrate the host’s unusually elevated role as an outside adviser. Mr. Hannity, along with Laura Ingraham and Brian Kilmeade, also texted Mr. Meadows as the riot unfolded.

Steve Bannon. The former Trump aide has been charged with contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with a subpoena, claiming protection under executive privilege even though he was an outside adviser. His trial is scheduled for next summer.

Michael Flynn. Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser attended an Oval Office meeting on Dec. 18 in which participants discussed seizing voting machines and invoking certain national security emergency powers. Mr. Flynn has filed a lawsuit to block the panel’s subpoenas.

Phil Waldron. The retired Army colonel has been under scrutiny since a 38-page PowerPoint document he circulated on Capitol Hill was turned over to the panel by Mr. Meadows. The document contained extreme plans to overturn the election.

Jeffrey Clark. The little-known Justice Department official repeatedly pushed his colleagues to help Mr. Trump undo his loss. The panel has recommended that Mr. Clark be held in criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to cooperate.

John Eastman. The lawyer has been the subject of intense scrutiny since writing a memo that laid out how Mr. Trump could stay in power. Mr. Eastman was present at a meeting of Trump allies at the Willard Hotel that has become a prime focus of the panel.
YAWN!!!
You forgot Nancy Pelosi, who is ultimately responsible for capital security.
Mayor Bowser, who is responsible for DC security.
The commander of the National Guard unit on standby but was never called in.
Ray Epps...
Ray Epps handler in the FBI.
The Sargeant at Arms in both the House and the Senate who are responsible for building security.
The head capital hill police officer who removed safe guards the day before.
The police officer who shot Ashli Babbit, an unarmed, non-threatening woman.

How about we call these witnesses before the House changes hands this fall and get to the truth?
What Mr. Trump Said

“Why did Nancy Pelosi and the Capitol Police reject the more than 10,000 National Guard troops or soldiers that I authorized to help control the enormous crowd that I knew was coming?”

False. There is no evidence that Mr. Trump ever made a request for 10,000 National Guard troops or that Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected such a demand. The speaker of the House does not control the National Guard.
Your selective memory just can't come to terms with this...YOU HAVE NO ANSWER TO THIS SINCE IT DOESN'T FIT YOUR NARRITIVE...suck it up and be an honest person. That's not who you are!!

'Who Is Ray Epps?' Cruz Grills FBI agent on Involvement in Jan. 6; Their Answers Raise More Questions

Jill Sanborn, executive assistant director of the FBI’s National Security Branch was testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee. That’s when Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked some very good questions to which she didn’t have a response. Cruz asked about FBI involvement/informants in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

“How many FBI agents or confidential informants actively participated in the events of January 6th?” Cruz asked. Sanborn said that she couldn’t go into “sources and methods.” Cruz continued asking if any FBI agents or confidential informants participated, to which Sanborn said, “I can’t answer that.” He then asked if any of them committed crimes of violence or incited crimes? Again, she refused to answer.

Then Cruz went all-in, asking, “Who is Ray Epps?” Ray Epps is a man who has been speculated on a lot because he was very active, encouraging people to go into the Capitol, yet doesn’t appear to have been pursued by the FBI when the FBI seems to be pursuing people who so much as breathed near the Capitol that day.

Sanborn’s response? “I’m aware of the individual.” But she doesn’t disabuse anyone of the belief that he could be FBI-connected; indeed, her failure to fully respond, got even more tongues talking.

“Ms. Sanborn, was Ray Epps a fed,” Cruz asked.

“I cannot answer that,” Sanborn responded. I guess that answers that question right there, which leads to a lot of other questions.

Cruz noted how five seconds after Epps talks to someone, that person starts to tear down a barricade. Did Epps urge him to tear down the barricade, Cruz asked Sanborn. And again, she said that she couldn’t answer that.

Cruz said many Americans are concerned that the federal government encouraged illegal activity, noting that — oddly — Epps had been removed from the list that the FBI had put out of people they were looking for in connection to Jan. 6. Sanborn then finally says that “not to her knowledge” did the FBI “actively” encourage violent criminal conduct.

But she didn’t respond as to the other questions, and her failure to respond was in itself an answer, leaving all kinds of questions about the FBI being involved. She didn’t deny that Epps was an FBI or an informant.
What Mr. Trump Said

“Why did Nancy Pelosi and the Capitol Police reject the more than 10,000 National Guard troops or soldiers that I authorized to help control the enormous crowd that I knew was coming?”

False. There is no evidence that Mr. Trump ever made a request for 10,000 National Guard troops or that Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected such a demand. The speaker of the House does not control the National Guard. Originally Posted by VitaMan
... WHO does your fact-checking? Blind Benny??

One o' your liberal mates who I had a row with the
other day posted a piece where President Trump
asked for National Guard troops to help with
crowd control and traffic control because of
the expected big crowd.

You must have missed that.

'Course Ray Epps and his government mates were taking
down some o' the fencing - doing their part to
assist with the crowd being able to enter the Capitol.

### Salty

the expected big crowd.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

Who does your fact checking, TGP or a scared fawn living in the basement?
.... ????

#### Salty

He already showed you....

the expected big crowd.

The fact checking is done by the New York Times.

Your "fact checking" on your conspiracy "theory" ? The "theory" is produced to give fodder to blogs and newsfeeds, and put out as a distraction.

There are no facts because it is a theory produced with no basis at all to it.

You missed twice in one post. Actually, you missed 3 times in 1 post. Who said I was a liberal ? These days you can be a Republican, a RINO, and many other terms.
This is DIRECT testimony what part of that don't you understand...all the fuck you ever say is "conspiracy" because your comprehension is serious lacking!!
Pure comic gold...NewYorkCrime as a fact checker!!
Do you have your fox watch your hen house??

'Who Is Ray Epps?' Cruz Grills FBI agent on Involvement in Jan. 6; Their Answers Raise More Questions

Jill Sanborn, executive assistant director of the FBI’s National Security Branch was testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee. That’s when Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked some very good questions to which she didn’t have a response. Cruz asked about FBI involvement/informants in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

“How many FBI agents or confidential informants actively participated in the events of January 6th?” Cruz asked. Sanborn said that she couldn’t go into “sources and methods.” Cruz continued asking if any FBI agents or confidential informants participated, to which Sanborn said, “I can’t answer that.” He then asked if any of them committed crimes of violence or incited crimes? Again, she refused to answer.

Then Cruz went all-in, asking, “Who is Ray Epps?” Ray Epps is a man who has been speculated on a lot because he was very active, encouraging people to go into the Capitol, yet doesn’t appear to have been pursued by the FBI when the FBI seems to be pursuing people who so much as breathed near the Capitol that day.

Sanborn’s response? “I’m aware of the individual.” But she doesn’t disabuse anyone of the belief that he could be FBI-connected; indeed, her failure to fully respond, got even more tongues talking.

“Ms. Sanborn, was Ray Epps a fed,” Cruz asked.

“I cannot answer that,” Sanborn responded. I guess that answers that question right there, which leads to a lot of other questions.

Cruz noted how five seconds after Epps talks to someone, that person starts to tear down a barricade. Did Epps urge him to tear down the barricade, Cruz asked Sanborn. And again, she said that she couldn’t answer that.

Cruz said many Americans are concerned that the federal government encouraged illegal activity, noting that — oddly — Epps had been removed from the list that the FBI had put out of people they were looking for in connection to Jan. 6. Sanborn then finally says that “not to her knowledge” did the FBI “actively” encourage violent criminal conduct.

But she didn’t respond as to the other questions, and her failure to respond was in itself an answer, leaving all kinds of questions about the FBI being involved. She didn’t deny that Epps was an FBI or an informant.
What Mr. Trump Said

False. There is no evidence that Mr. Trump ever made a request for 10,000 National Guard troops or that Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected such a demand. The speaker of the House does not control the National Guard. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Word games? That's all you have? Word games... Trump offered but he did not order because Nancy turned him down just like all those mayors in all those cities on fire. Try as you might, it will always be that Trump was a better president and leader than anyone the left can stand up. Period!
The fact checking is done by the New York Times.

Your "fact checking" on your conspiracy "theory" ? The "theory" is produced to give fodder to blogs and newsfeeds, and put out as a distraction.

There are no facts because it is a theory produced with no basis at all to it.

You missed twice in one post. Actually, you missed 3 times in 1 post. Who said I was a liberal ? These days you can be a Republican, a RINO, and many other terms. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Ouch! You've obviously missed all those stories where the NYT stepped on its dick (Russia, Russia, Russia, wiretapping of Trump Tower, the Covington boys, Kyle Rittenhouse, Nazi Germany and the Holocaust, the horror of the Soviet Union, etc.). The NYT does not fact check, they are the fuck up that needs the check.
Word games? That's all you have? Word games... Trump offered but he did not order because Nancy turned him down just like all those mayors in all those cities on fire. Try as you might, it will always be that Trump was a better president and leader than anyone the left can stand up. Period! Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Bullshit.

And your conclusion is not based in fact. Just your unsupported opinion.
Notice he doesn't even touch the latest conspiracy "theory".