SCOTUS will not shield Trump records from Jan 6 committee

Trump may be the biggest loser in the history of the US legal system.

To quote many of my friends on the right: “what is he hiding?”

SCOTUS vote - 8-1

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...rds-from-jan-6

Supreme Court rejects Trump's bid to shield records from Jan. 6 committee

The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected former President Trump's bid to block a trove of his administration's records from being handed to the Jan. 6 House committee.

The ruling came in an unsigned, one-paragraph order. Justice Clarence Thomas, a staunch conservative, was alone in indicating that he would have granted Trump’s request.

The move clears the way for congressional investigators to receive a batch of Trump-era schedules, call logs, emails and other requested documents that the committee says could illuminate key circumstances surrounding the deadly Capitol riot.

The order leaves intact a lower federal appeals court ruling that found Trump’s assertion of executive privilege and other legal theories unpersuasive in light of President Biden’s refusal to invoke privilege, as well as the House panel’s pressing task.

Jan. 6 panel subpoenas phone records associated with Eric Trump,...
Starbucks ends vaccine requirement in response to Supreme Court ruling
The justices wrote that although the unprecedented dispute between a former president and lawmakers raised “serious and substantial concerns,” the Washington, D.C.,-based federal appeals court had suitably analyzed the issues at hand.

“Because the Court of Appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the court wrote.
... Good. .... Then there's NOTHING to stop next year's
investigations into the Biden family ties to Russia and China.

Thanks for the post!

#### Salty
WHERE IS THE INDICTMENT OF TRUMP??...until then YOU ain't got SHIT!!
You're hanging your hat on the shammette!!
Another guy like VM with a Trump man crush...I knocked your self-anointed 5 star thread down to three stars...it belongs at ZERO.
One HUGE blowhard with a VERY over inflated opinion of himself
Don’t you think Trump didn’t plan on this happening? Be careful what you ask for. They want to see if he enacted any PEADS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pres...tion_Documents

Too late for them.
An indictment may or may not happen.

Mr Trump has been short on answering questions. Does that sound familiar ? So many right wingers wanting to promote a new conspiracy "theory" the last few days because someone didn't answer some questions. Quote from above "YOU ain't got SHIT!!".

Mr. Trump has been dodging for months.

Why did Mr. Trump not release tax returns ? What is he hiding ? This needs to be looked into.

bb19 has not provided any proof he is not a communist. Why not ? What is he hiding ?
How long before Trump starts publicly trashing his hand picked SCOTUS?
An indictment may or may not happen.

Mr Trump has been short on answering questions. Does that sound familiar ? So many right wingers wanting to promote a new conspiracy "theory" the last few days because someone didn't answer some questions. Quote from above "YOU ain't got SHIT!!".

Mr. Trump has been dodging for months.

Why did Mr. Trump not release tax returns ? What is he hiding ? This needs to be looked into.

he didn't have to. his isn't as rich as he claims and probably not what sources like Forbes estimate either. he has more debt than he wants others to know and not necessarily the public only. he doesn't want business rivals knowing his financial details

would you?

bb19 has not provided any proof he is not a communist. Why not ? What is he hiding ? Originally Posted by VitaMan

where the proof you aren't a communist?

BAHHHAAAA
where the proof you aren't a communist?

BAHHHAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

You're too late. Your lack or originality gets you an "F".
Or you could say:
"if you say so"

What is Mr. Trump hiding ?
Or you could say:
"if you say so"

What is Mr. Trump hiding ? Originally Posted by VitaMan

That's simple-fraud at a grand scale. Tax evasion has been the downfall of better and smarter:

During a highly publicized case, the judge admitted as evidence Capone's admissions of his income and unpaid taxes, made during prior (and ultimately abortive) negotiations to pay the government taxes he owed. He was convicted and sentenced to 11 years in federal prison. After conviction, he replaced his defense team with experts in tax law, and his grounds for appeal were strengthened by a Supreme Court ruling, but his appeal ultimately failed. Capone showed signs of neurosyphilis early in his sentence and became increasingly debilitated before being released after almost eight years of incarceration. On January 25, 1947, he died of cardiac arrest after suffering a stroke.
Or you could say:
"if you say so"

What is Mr. Trump hiding ? Originally Posted by VitaMan

why do you claim he's hiding anything? he hasn't been charged with anything at this point, and won't no matter what any records show. why should he give up his private details as president just for a circus committee with Democrat hand picked RINO's like Lizzy Chaney on it?

good thing you are a "wealthy trader wizard" because you'd be a terrible lawyer. any good lawyer would fight release of the details. and doing so does not show guilt or hiding anything.

nice try two bit wizard
I must agree with this from TWK:

he didn't have to. his isn't as rich as he claims and probably not what sources like Forbes estimate either. he has more debt than he wants others to know and not necessarily the public only. he doesn't want business rivals knowing his financial details

would you?

I would just add he doesn't want he debt holders or the IRS to have any idea about actual cash flow. It was a bad move to be on public record back in the 2016 race saying "not paying taxes makes me smart". It does, if it's legal. It's damning evidence if you cooked the books.

But the underlying issue is, every President except him has shared this information. He's not the first wealthy President, so why would he want to hide information?

Maybe a better question is if Desuckis will declare Florida a Cuban territory and shield him from extredition? In all seriousness, I do think the Republicans will come out with a viable candidate without the baggage for 2024. I think I see one working on a play, and it might not be a bad choice for 2024. But, it's going to take a big move from the Trump Dumptruck.
I must agree with this from TWK:

would you?

I would just add he doesn't want he debt holders or the IRS to have any idea about actual cash flow. It was a bad move to be on public record back in the 2016 race saying "not paying taxes makes me smart". It does, if it's legal. It's damning evidence if you cooked the books.

But the underlying issue is, every President except him has shared this information. He's not the first wealthy President, so why would he want to hide information?

Maybe a better question is if Desuckis will declare Florida a Cuban territory and shield him from extredition? In all seriousness, I do think the Republicans will come out with a viable candidate without the baggage for 2024. I think I see one working on a play, and it might not be a bad choice for 2024. But, it's going to take a big move from the Trump Dumptruck. Originally Posted by 69in2it69

the IRS has been auditing Trump since the 1970's. in all that time all they have is an ongoing dispute about deductions. not exactly tax fraud is it?

why would DeSantis even consider that? you just clearly hate avery Republican in general and especially Republicans who believe in America First

stop making up bullshit
the IRS has been auditing Trump since the 1970's. in all that time all they have is an ongoing dispute about deductions. not exactly tax fraud is it?

why would DeSantis even consider that? you just clearly hate avery Republican in general and especially Republicans who believe in America First

stop making up bullshit Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Dude, take credit where it's given. I am most certainly not anti-Republican, as I've stated I am a long time Republican. I guess I could be considered somewhat Independent as I have voted across party lines, I've just always figured the country was better off with the best person for the job instead of a label they might have. AND if you read what I wrote you'd see I stated I see a sleeper candidate for the Republican's in 24. Just because it "isn't your boy" doesn't mean I'm anti-Republican. Buy a clue, hell I'll chip in to help purchase it if that helps.
Dude, take credit where it's given. I am most certainly not anti-Republican, as I've stated I am a long time Republican. I guess I could be considered somewhat Independent as I have voted across party lines, I've just always figured the country was better off with the best person for the job instead of a label they might have. AND if you read what I wrote you'd see I stated I see a sleeper candidate for the Republican's in 24. Just because it "isn't your boy" doesn't mean I'm anti-Republican. Buy a clue, hell I'll chip in to help purchase it if that helps. Originally Posted by 69in2it69

if you align with the far leftists here to denigrate Lord Trump the Great then you are anti-American
if you align with the far leftists here to denigrate Lord Trump the Great then you are anti-American Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

I consider myself very much pro-American, but, I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his tongue was on fire.

If that makes some tin hats have a different opinion of me you can be sure I won't lose any sleep over it.