Eureka Springs

For my birthday coming up this month, my boyfriend managed to book us the most notoriously haunted room at The Crescent Hotel and Spa in Eureka Springs. If anyone has visited before, I would love to hear about your experiences there, especially if it involves ghosts! Good restaurant suggestions and scenic areas for pictures are also welcome!
I've never stayed at the Crescent Hotel, so I can't speak to it, but if you're looking for some good eats, New Delhi Cafe, Bubba's BBQ, DeVito's, and Cathouse Lounge are good picks. There's also a hookah lounge. And since we all know how much you love cats, you might check out Turpentine Creek Wildlife Preserve. Hope you enjoy!
You absolutely must visit that candy shop with the homemade taffy!

http://sweetsfudgekitchen.com
You absolutely must visit that candy shop with the homemade taffy!

http://sweetsfudgekitchen.com Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I walk by that place every time I'm in town, but still haven't been in! Also, forgot about the Rockin Pig Saloon - fall-off-the-bone ribs!
Turpentine Creek is most definitely on day 2 of our itinerary. I'm so excited about the bobcats!

I just checked out that candy shop's website and I'm almost drooling! I'll have to be sure to pick up some of their licorice for my grandfather.
I don't know if it's still there, but there was a restaurant there called Local Flavor that had the best prime rib I've ever had anywhere.

Also - stayed in the Crescent, saw no ghosts. The ghost tour was a lot of fun though - especially in the basement that was occasionally a morgue. Really creepy.

Fun fact: Some of the guest rooms have what looks like a boarded up doors in them. In fact that is what they were - doors directly into the rooms that were connected to secret passages so the crazy doctor who ran the place could get into the rooms undetected. That's what they told us in the tour anyway.

If you go to Turpentine Creek, try to time it toward the end of they day - that's when they feed the big cats and it's quite something to see. Around 4 or 5 as I recall, but it's been a while.

I'd avoid at all costs a bookstore called Gazebo Books. The place is near legendary for the owner berating her customers. In fact I think that may be her entire reason for being in business. Just check it out on TripAdvisor and you'll see. Been there once - never again.
For night life I love Chelsea's. Great Pizza and a very eclectic place with live music. A very hippie local hangout. Last weekend was awesome there, hippie chick's dancing with hula hoops, folk,/ roots music and pints of Shinerbock for $3. Drivers get free software drinks. Very short walk from the Crescent .
Thanks, y'all! I'll definitely be avoiding that bookstore because she doesn't know me and she's not ready for this!

I personally can't stand the bar scene, so I'm probably leaning more towards The Grotto for dinner.
If you haven't already taken your trip, this looks like a cool place to check out:

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/arkan...r-blue-spring/
Darn! That would have been an awesome place to visit but we just got back. Maybe next time! Also, be on the lookout for my sexy new ghost hunting pictures from the notorious Room 218.