Make it Right founder Brad Pitt sued over construction of New Orleans Homes

No good deed goes unpunished.

Brad Pitt goes in after the Hurricane Katrina destroys the Ninth Ward, builds better houses than WTF ever conceived of building and paid his taxes, too - yet the ungrateful fuckers are suing because they didn't maintain their own houses and I guess they just want someone else to pay for them!

How fucking hard is it to get off your fat and lazy ass and replace a few boards and paint your fucking house?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ake-it-n907656
some of the claims are legitamate.

using the wrong type of materials in the hot humid southern climate that is New Orleans would make things rot faster than if it were used in a different climate.

many of the houses were weird looking..... I guess that is what passes as avante' garde.
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2019, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't never build a thing for those ingrates unless I got the cash upfront!

And in ff case I'd have to wait for the check to clear the Bank. But I'll never have to worry about that because as we all know, he spends all his money on undocumented Asian Spa ladies and AMG's.
Question to the op: Is WTF part of this story?
Tough call.

The Lady in the video is a hard working American who wants to live in “her” neighborhood.
In good faith, she went with the deal that that the Make it Right people offered. As she said, these homes were not free.

The problem does go back to the initial engineering and choice of materials. They should have just looked at the houses that had stood for years in that area and duplicated them, along with the materials they were constructed from.

Brad Pitt meant well. But many of the people in his employment apparently blew it.

If my business turns out faulty work, I am responsible. That’s what Make it Right should do.
Tough call.

The Lady in the video is a hard working American who wants to live in “her” neighborhood.
In good faith, she went with the deal that that the Make it Right people offered. As she said, these homes were not free.

The problem does go back to the initial engineering and choice of materials. They should have just looked at the houses that had stood for years in that area and duplicated them, along with the materials they were constructed from.

Brad Pitt meant well. But many of the people in his employment apparently blew it.

If my business turns out faulty work, I am responsible. That’s what Make it Right should do. Originally Posted by Jackie S

that's what they should have. alot of the houses they built didn't have a new orleans flavor.
Question to the op: Is WTF part of this story? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I don't know but I doubt it. The publicists said Brad Pitt hired building professionals to design and construct the houses.

They probably reviewed his "qualifications" and declined to work with him.
Tough call.

If my business turns out faulty work, I am responsible. That’s what Make it Right should do. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I'm not sure if the work was faulty or if these people just want lifetime free maintenance. Do we have documentation from a qualified firm that unsuitable materials were chosen?
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Question to the op: Is WTF part of this story? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
JL might have gotten me confused with Brad Pitt...happens all the time.
Might have hired some of the ones who built that shit in IRAQ.
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Might have hired some of the ones who built that shit in IRAQ. Originally Posted by bamscram
I wonder if Trump will hire them to build the wall or continue to hire Mexicans like he has in the past!
I don't know but I doubt it. The publicists said Brad Pitt hired building professionals to design and construct the houses.

They probably reviewed his "qualifications" and declined to work with him. Originally Posted by friendly fred
So you admit you had no substantive reason to make him part of your OP.

Just checking.
So you admit you had no substantive reason to make him part of your OP.

Just checking. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I had a substantive reason to exclude him from the list of qualified contractors, as would any rational actor.

Why don't you go down to the border and ask your clients if they want the existing border wall torn down because they do not feel like it provides them any protection?
I wonder if Trump will hire them to build the wall or continue to hire Mexicans like he has in the past! Originally Posted by WTF
Considering most builders exploit low paid Hispanic workers why would this instance be any different?
Considering most builders exploit low paid Hispanic workers why would this instance be any different? Originally Posted by friendly fred
Correct. I was in New Orleans during some of the Katrina aftermath, and all of the major reconstruction projects, including the improving of the Hurricane Barrier down the Industrial Canal, as manned by workers who were Hispanic.

I doubt many were there before the Storm.