Dallas Morning Newspaper does something it hasn't done since 1968....

And that is fail to endorse a Republican nominee for POTUS.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/politi...ent/index.html

Washington (CNN)The Dallas Morning News editorial board said Tuesday they would not give their blessing to Donald Trump in 2016, ending a streak of endorsing every Republican presidential nominee since 1968.

In an editorial titled "Donald Trump is no Republican," the paper's editors rebuked the GOP hopeful, advising Texas voters that Trump is "not qualified to serve as president and does not deserve your vote."(Have I not been saying the same thing about Trump?)
They argue that Trump "inexplicably" won the primary despite being "the one who thumbed his nose at conservative orthodoxy altogether. Trump is -- or has been -- at odds with nearly every GOP ideal that this newspaper holds dear," they wrote. "Donald Trump is no Republican and certainly no conservative."
Poll: Nine weeks out, a near even race
The Morning News, which backed Ohio Gov. John Kasich during the primaries, cited Trump's "authoritarian streak that should horrify limited-government advocates" and his "open admiration of Russia's Vladimir Putin" as "alarming" reasons to oppose his candidacy. They also criticized the real estate mogul's economic policies, saying that "his protectionism would likely force the U.S. into trade wars, increase the deficit, and sink the U.S. economy back into a recession."
"His ideas are so far from Republicanism that they have spawned a new description: Trumpism."
How Donald Trump could win
And without mentioning Trump's rival, Democrat Hillary Clinton, the paper made clear it would not be getting behind Trump's movement.
"We have no interest in a Republican nominee for whom all principles are negotiable, nor in a Republican Party that is willing to trade away principle for pursuit of electoral victory. Trump doesn't reflect Republican ideals of the past; we are certain he shouldn't reflect the GOP of the future."
CNN has reached out to the Trump campaign for comment on the Morning News' editorial, but did not immediately receive a response.
In late July, another prominent Texas newspaper with a history of conservative political endorsements -- the Houston Chronicle -- also made headlines when it endorsed Clinton and labeled Trump a "danger to the Republican Party" in an op-ed.
  • DSK
  • 09-06-2016, 12:42 PM
And that is fail to endorse a Republican nominee for POTUS.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/politi...ent/index.html

Washington (CNN)The Dallas Morning News editorial board said Tuesday they would not give their blessing to Donald Trump in 2016, ending a streak of endorsing every Republican presidential nominee since 1968.

In an editorial titled "Donald Trump is no Republican," the paper's editors rebuked the GOP hopeful, advising Texas voters that Trump is "not qualified to serve as president and does not deserve your vote."(Have I not been saying the same thing about Trump?)
They argue that Trump "inexplicably" won the primary despite being "the one who thumbed his nose at conservative orthodoxy altogether. Trump is -- or has been -- at odds with nearly every GOP ideal that this newspaper holds dear," they wrote. "Donald Trump is no Republican and certainly no conservative."
Poll: Nine weeks out, a near even race
The Morning News, which backed Ohio Gov. John Kasich during the primaries, cited Trump's "authoritarian streak that should horrify limited-government advocates" and his "open admiration of Russia's Vladimir Putin" as "alarming" reasons to oppose his candidacy. They also criticized the real estate mogul's economic policies, saying that "his protectionism would likely force the U.S. into trade wars, increase the deficit, and sink the U.S. economy back into a recession."
"His ideas are so far from Republicanism that they have spawned a new description: Trumpism."
How Donald Trump could win
And without mentioning Trump's rival, Democrat Hillary Clinton, the paper made clear it would not be getting behind Trump's movement.
"We have no interest in a Republican nominee for whom all principles are negotiable, nor in a Republican Party that is willing to trade away principle for pursuit of electoral victory. Trump doesn't reflect Republican ideals of the past; we are certain he shouldn't reflect the GOP of the future."
CNN has reached out to the Trump campaign for comment on the Morning News' editorial, but did not immediately receive a response.
In late July, another prominent Texas newspaper with a history of conservative political endorsements -- the Houston Chronicle -- also made headlines when it endorsed Clinton and labeled Trump a "danger to the Republican Party" in an op-ed. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
I don't personally think the Dallas Morning News is a conservative paper.

Heck, Dallas is over 50% Hispanic, so how can it be considered conservative anymore, anyway?
The city has leaned left for a long time, but the DMN had always leaned right.
  • DSK
  • 09-06-2016, 01:22 PM
The city has leaned left for a long time, but the DMN had always leaned right. Originally Posted by GracePreston
OK - but barely to the right.

Heck, Dallas is over 50% Hispanic, so how can it be considered conservative anymore, anyway? Originally Posted by DSK
Of course it's a conservative paper. All the people who actually get the paper are not the Hispanics living in Dallas, it's all the white professionals living in the suburbs.
No one cares about newspaper endorsements.

Heck, Dallas is over 50% Hispanic, so how can it be considered conservative anymore, anyway? Originally Posted by DSK
Are you kidding me ? You don't think it's a conservative paper? Have you read the article ? They have supported the republican nominee since 1968 which is almost a span of 50 years !!! And let me add they have been supporting conservatives way before Dallas became a minority melting pot.
Who gives a fuck about newspapers. Most will be gone in 10yrs.
Clinton leads Drumpf in Texas!

Good times, good times, to quote SLOBBRIN.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...a=twitter_page

What difference will North Carolina or Arizona or Ohio even make when Texas votes blue?

Yeee HAW!

For a change JL gets it wrong ... but makes it about race anyway.
Asshole.
Are you kidding me ? You don't think it's a conservative paper? Have you read the article ? They have supported the republican nominee since 1968 which is almost a span of 50 years !!! And let me add they have been supporting conservatives way before Dallas became a minority melting pot. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
notice they said NADA about Clinton. they may not want to endorse Trump but they'd NEVER endorse a bum like Clinton.
  • DSK
  • 09-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Are you kidding me ? You don't think it's a conservative paper? Have you read the article ? They have supported the republican nominee since 1968 which is almost a span of 50 years !!! And let me add they have been supporting conservatives way before Dallas became a minority melting pot. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
I have read that paper for years - even read it the other day. It is a liberal paper, has been for at least 20 years.

Read some of the shit they put in there and get back with me.
I don't know how to read.
notice they said NADA about Clinton. they may not want to endorse Trump but they'd NEVER endorse a bum like Clinton. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Yeah, that'll shonuff get them Republican voters out to the polls!

It's a Globalist News Paper... Puke_Likley

We are AMERICANS!... Puke_Likley

GO FUCK YOURSELF... Puke_Likley