Verification & Screening Question

First, my disclaimer... I support the safety and comfort of all of the providers and hobbyists that may read and or reply to this topic. I am not really sure if there is an answer to this, but I don't think I am the only person that has this question.

I have been a moderate hobbyist for a few years. In that time I have seen a variety of ladies. I would like to increase the quality of providers that I have the option of meeting and enjoying my time with. It has become obvious that in order to accomplish this I need to be a member of a site with a verifiable status. Herein lies my issue.

My dilemma is that I work for myself so contacting an employer is not an option for verification since you would simply be calling my mobile phone. Secondly, I have never found a regular provider much less multiple providers with decent standing in the community to give me a reference.

Ladies, do you do meet and greets prior to engagements so you can establish some level of comfort and trust? Any suggestions from providers and hobbyists about this situation would be appreciated. Thank you.
Join P411
I'll second that. P411 has opened so many more doors for me...

Even if you're self-employed, you can still get verified through them. Make your life easier and join. You won't regret it.
I'll 3rd the P411 route !! They will do it even for self employed and its so worth it !!
Join ECCIE, be active on the forums especially your State Forum. Also, find a provider in your area that's Newbie Friendly. That's how I got my start and I still don't have P411.
Also DateCheck verifies who you are also.....
With my screening tools I can verify self employed as long as it is a legit and registered business...if it is your name will have tracks somewhere.
I smell Bacon...............
P411 is great but I used DateCheck more.
  • Skipp
  • 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
If you happen to be friends with someone who knows the provider well, that works too. If you can pull this off with a reputable provider, then you can get the reference you want within the provider community. I know this wouldn't be applicable to most hobbyists, but I do know of some situations where exactly this approach did work.
Ladies, do you do meet and greets prior to engagements so you can establish some level of comfort and trust? Any suggestions from providers and hobbyists about this situation would be appreciated. Thank you. Originally Posted by nefarious
Re: meet & greets prior to/in substitution of complete screening -- not many ladies will agree to this. Personally, if I'm not convinced beyond reasonable doubt you're who you say you are and are safe & sane, I'm not even sitting across a table in Starbucks with you.

But as everyone else has already said, all hope is not lost! Some "newbie friendly" ladies may be able to verify your employment even if you are self-employed, and P411 or DateCheck may be able to as well.
Thank you for all of the input. I'll look into P411 and DateCheck
Only speaking for myself, but I don't accept self employment unless you have an actual office with a listed business number, and are registered with the Treasury Dept. A third party screening site won't do much good with no refs attached to it, being we have the same access to background check sites as they do. Some providers even have access to LE databases lol, but we won't go there.
You can join P411 with 2 references. If your references are accepted by Gina, then you get 6 months free plus 2 immediate OKs
P411 opened up doors for me and then joining the eccie board and making posts and doing some reviews also helps. Even with that, many providers will still do their personal verifications and some may or may not accept you. If you find one that will not accept P411 or date check and you have been on this board for a bit, then I would look for another provider. There are many available and that is one of the great things about this board.