GOP: GET REAL ON IMMIGRATION REFORM...

On MSNBC Morning Joe:

Bill Kristol: Just let immigration go this year. It's not an issue of urgency, it can be passed next year. A better immigration bill can be passed by a Republican House and a Republican Senate, perhaps next year. You have no leverage in this debate if you go to conference with this bill that passed the Democratic Senate …

The Republican establishment, the Republican consultant class in Washington, and big business really want immigration reform, and they may try to jam it down the throats of actual Republican grassroots this year, and I think it's the one thing that could actually cost Republicans the Senate [in 2014].

Scarborough: I want to double down on that one … The Washington Establishment, the New York Establishment, they all suggest that passing immigration reform is going to help Republicans with Hispanic voters this year. I can't think of a single thing they could pass that could hurt them more in the midterm election than passing an immigration bill framed by Barack Obama and Harry Reid and a weakened Republican House.

The GOP has a legitimate chance to take the Senate; if they pass amnesty, they will not re-take the Senate and likely lose seats in the House !
Immigration should be based upon wealth, not country of origin, not race.
Healthy and rich, come be a citizen - otherwise, stay the fuck away.
Why should we take poor, tired, huddled masses yearning to get free healthcare, welfare, not pay taxes on their income, and sending the money back to the home country?
Why can't immigrants benefit the average person, not the Democrats who want their votes and crony capitalists who want cheap labor?
I think it was Emma Lazarus who said ...

Honestly, how many of our families would be here if immigration was based on wealth?

I still can't figure out why the Republicans are so bent on keeping brown people out of America? Maybe I can...
I think it was Emma Lazarus who said ...(yes, it was her poem, and not the official policy of the USA)

Honestly, how many of our families would be here if immigration was based on wealth? (How many of us did the US really need, anyway?)

I still can't figure out why the Republicans are so bent on keeping brown people out of America? Maybe I can... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
At least one defensible reason is that they vote for the Democrats 70% of the time.
Why don't we bring in a demographic that votes Republican 70% of the time to even things up?
Why should the GOP NOT pass immigration reform ?

Any immigration deal would have to trade enhanced enforcement for an amnesty.

To trust that enhanced border security would be implemented is utter folly. Democrats can't be trusted, especially Obama.

Better to wait and pass enhanced border security measures under a GOP controlled House and Senate.
  • CJ7
  • 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
BBBBBAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Immigration should be based upon wealth..."

"Healthy and rich, come be a citizen"

It is very common for immigration to be based on wealth; try getting citizenship in Mexico without resources....

Other countries that require immigrants to be financially self sufficient include :

Australia, Canada, AND the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

But our ruling political class won't enforce existing laws !

You are uninformed dumb asses for equating totalitarianism with tough border/immigration enforcement.
But the shitholes of the world = places like Palestine, will gladly bestow citizenship on you....

And of course, if progressives had their way they would do the same here.
"Healthy and rich, come be a citizen"

Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
What, did 100 people immigrate to Russia during his regime. same with Hitler & Germany... FUCK
Immigration should be based upon wealth, not country of origin, not race.
Healthy and rich, come be a citizen - otherwise, stay the fuck away.
Why should we take poor, tired, huddled masses yearning to get free healthcare, welfare, not pay taxes on their income, and sending the money back to the home country?
Why can't immigrants benefit the average person, not the Democrats who want their votes and crony capitalists who want cheap labor? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
As spoken by one of "God's Chosen People."

• CJ7
  • 01-27-2014, 05:58 PM
As spoken by one of "God's Chosen People."

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
why even respond to that POS?
  • BJerk
  • 01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
This whole thread is a joke - all the old white people needs young workers to take care of them in the old folks home!
At least one defensible reason is that they vote for the Democrats 70% of the time.
Why don't we bring in a demographic that votes Republican 70% of the time to even things up? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
don't really think that's part of the equation...

I can see it now: "Calling all right wingers from the huddled masses, bring your conservative asses to the USA. Vote Republican and you, too, can live in paradise with 72 virgins... All at the same Church!"

HAHAHA!