Taxes and coat hangers

I hear some of my republican friends talk about nanny state this and that.....

What about the biggest welfare queens....parents.

I have kids ,so I take the child credits...why wouldn't I .

I'll also wager every republican (with kids)here did also.

It's available. We take it.

But why should we get tax refunds just for having children..

I didn't have mine with the thought of "Woo hoo! Look at the refund check!".

Should we punish those without children by not providing some sort of tax credit for NOT reproducing ?

If they ended the child credits ... We'd at least stop welfare queens from getting one "bonus check" .

I knew a guy when younger... Had 4 kids with his ol lady and had never married her. When asked . He stated it was so she could get food stamps and a fat check every year... Mind you , she never worked a day. He had a decent job that payed well enough to support them without benefits.
Every year they got a 10-12k check ... Just for having kids..
Eventually, that shit caught up with them...

Eliminating the child credits would end a shit load of these type of scenarios.

Can't afford em......Abort em!

Opinions?
Bump...

seriously.. why should you and I enjoy tax breaks for reproducing while childless adults pay for it?

I figured someone would have an opinion on this.
Bump...

seriously.. why should you and I enjoy tax breaks for reproducing while childless adults pay for it?

I figured someone would have an opinion on this. Originally Posted by UB9IB6
I agree with the sentiment. People who don't take care of their own children are worthless pieces of shit who should get Child Neglector branded on their chest, approximately the same place Hester Prynne had her Scarlett Letter. You can't take care of your kids, off they go to an bare bones orphanage that costs the taxpayers very little. It worked out for Babe Ruth, didn't it?
You haven't been around for awhile. Prison? Rehab? If the latter then I don't think you're cured yet.
I agree with the sentiment. People who don't take care of their own children are worthless pieces of shit who should get Child Neglector branded on their chest, approximately the same place Hester Prynne had her Scarlett Letter. You can't take care of your kids, off they go to an bare bones orphanage that costs the taxpayers very little. It worked out for Babe Ruth, didn't it? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Classic Republican sentiment. Fuck those kids that they were unlucky enough to be born to bad parents. And...by the way, no abortions for those bad parents either. Let them have more kids so they can be sent to a "bare bones orphanage" that doesn't cost the jew lawyer an extra tax dollars.

You are scum.
If we don't have kids, how can we keep the pyramid schemes going?
Classic Republican sentiment. Fuck those kids that they were unlucky enough to be born to bad parents. And...by the way, no abortions for those bad parents either. Let them have more kids so they can be sent to a "bare bones orphanage" that doesn't cost the jew lawyer an extra tax dollars.

You are scum. Originally Posted by timpage
The parents who don't take care of their own kids are the scum, why do you defend them?
The parents who don't take care of their own kids are the scum, why do you defend them? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
LMAO like all the nannies raising the rich parents kids.
If we don't have kids, how can we keep the pyramid schemes going? Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Some people think by increasing immigration. I don't believe the numbers will work out if we just give blanket citizenship.
If it were immigration of rich, healthy productive people who provide jobs instead of taking them and lowering wages, they would help.
If it were immigration of rich, healthy productive people who provide jobs instead of taking them and lowering wages, they would help. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Did they check your portfolio when you got in?
  • WTF
  • 02-04-2014, 03:50 PM

You are scum. Originally Posted by timpage
You forgot that the GOP can then privatize prisons and make money off inmates that had shitty parents......all at the taxpayers expense!

The GOP likes to brag about smaller government but does shit to enlarge government to benefit their causes! Which seems to be WAR and PRISON
  • WTF
  • 02-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Some people think by increasing immigration. I don't believe the numbers will work out if we just give blanket citizenship. Originally Posted by gnadfly
You got a point....it is much better to let them get fake SS numbers and never get to collect what they paid in.
Yeah ... But back to the question. Why should parents get tax breaks for kids at the expense of those who do not?

Iffys answer is about on the money , IMO.
I agree with you on this. But you notice most of the posters on here will not say anything. Because while they will bitch about people not paying their fair share they aren't willing to pay theirs. I personally think there should be a flat tax with zero deductions.