Need your suggestions! ;)

Hey All!!

I have never been to Texas before, and am touring Dallas December 13-16th!...Not being familiar with the area (at all)..where would you suggest I stay(area etc..) any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hope to meet some of you while I'm there!

Valerie
The Galleria area is popular, with an abundance of nice hotels available reasonably on Hotwire or Priceline.

Easy access for the gents, and easy walking or cab to the Galleria Mall for your off time, to shop and dine.
The Galleria area is popular, with an abundance of nice hotels available reasonably on Hotwire or Priceline.

Easy access for the gents, and easy walking or cab to the Galleria Mall for your of time, to shop and dine. Originally Posted by Tony Patella
Ditto. I feel anything on the tollway corridor is nicer and safer for you than 75/635 area which is popular.
Hey All!!

I have never been to Texas before, and am touring Dallas December 13-16th!...Not being familiar with the area (at all)..where would you suggest I stay(area etc..) any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hope to meet some of you while I'm there!

Valerie Originally Posted by Valerie
I have an extra room...
my house.... lol
So basically this "Tollway corridor" place is a good area to stay yea?

Thanks for everyone's input!
If you're not familiar with Dallas, some of these terms may not mean much to you. The Tollway corridor means (at least to me) the Dallas North Tollway north of Interstate 635 (also known as LBJ Freeway). The Galleria is basically at the NE corner of Dallas North Tollway and 635, so the Galleria area is part of the Tollway corridor. Lots of businesses, hotels, shopping, etc. in that area. Hope that makes sense to you.

I should add that the Dallas North Tollway is sometimes shown as Dallas Parkway on maps. This just adds to the confusion for folks who are not locals.
I think it would also help to know what type of incall u are looking for...extended stay, budget inn/motel six type, 5 star hotel. There are many that could suggest someplace specific if u narrow it down. Looking forward to your visit.
I think it would also help to know what type of incall u are looking for...extended stay, budget inn/motel six type, 5 star hotel. There are many that could suggest someplace specific if u narrow it down. Looking forward to your visit. Originally Posted by jmoor
I would like to stay at 4 or 5 star hotels...Hopefully there are some in that area?
There are a few 4-5 star hotels in that area. I agree that priceline or other site would be good for getting a deal in the area.

Just curious, are you flying into town wearing the clothing from your avatar? If so I'll pick you up myself
the best place to stay while you are in Dallas...is AUSTIN!

Just curious, are you flying into town wearing the clothing from your avatar? If so I'll pick you up myself Originally Posted by CoHorn
LOL.. I think they wouldn't let me past security in that!...But I always take it with me
Seriously, may I suggest the InterContinental http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...overview/dfwha for a nice incall?

Altho my offer of the spare room stands -- I'll be be back in town next week, maybe Wednesday but you can check with the neighbor for the keys....
You all have been oh so helpful! Thank you!

MUAH!
Agreed on the area and as far as hotels in the area a few come to mind..Marriott, Intercontinental, also check out Trip Advisor.com on places to stay as well as dining, attractions etc.