National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior

something i read a few weeks ago.
http://www.nationalsexstudy.indiana.edu/

rather interesting results for a topic that most dont do in-depth research.

from the main page...
On this site, we make available this special issue of The Journal of Sexual Medicine, with the goal of helping to facilitate the use of this data to inform the development of public health programs designed to improve the sexual health of our society.

“This survey is one of the most expansive nationally representative studies of sexual behavior and condom use ever conducted, given the 80-year span of ages,” said Michael Reece, director of the Center for Sexual Health Promotion. “These data about sexual behaviors and condom use in contemporary America are critically needed by medical and public health professionals who are on the front lines addressing issues such as HIV, sexually transmissible infections, and unintended pregnancy.”
It seems to me that more people would be curious about the information reported in this study than view (24) count indicates.

This chart shocked the hell out of me... At first, anyway.

I'm not looking for specific information, but considering areas of the board providers can't see have access, do comments like "she just didn't want me to use the condom" or "she tried to take the condom off" or some other variation that expresses concern for a provider making an effort to not use a condom for intercourse during a session happen (a) rarely to never (b) occassionally (c) frequently or (d) practically all the time?

I don't really expect answers to that, but I would be hard pressed to think that the ladies have an easier time getting the guys to cover up that the guys have getting the ladies to let them. According to this chart, that's the way it works out in the non-hobby world...

OR... Is the difference between the men and women the % of the last ten encounters that men were with providers?

Interesting stuff, pmdelites

I wonder who's name has to be on a study like this in order to raise the view count... Oh, well.
That chart does make sense though. A coworker says that he do not want to wear a condom because its like "taking a shower with a raincoat on."
That chart does make sense though. A coworker says that he do not want to wear a condom because its like "taking a shower with a raincoat on." Originally Posted by killswitch321
That's what I was thinking when I first saw this chart. Flip the numbers and I wouldn't give it a second glance because it would look "right."

But if 1/5 of the male population is paying for it from time to time, there's a very high probability that they cover up when do pay for it. And since every paid session is an instance and a covered instance, the chart makes more sense now than I first thought.

Right?

I also found this interesting:
There is enormous variability in the sexual repertoires of U.S. adults, with more than 40 combinations of sexual activity described at adults’ most recent sexual event.
caitie mae,

wrt number of views ... like steven on "as time goes by" said on last nite's show "i just want to be noticed!" [responding as to why he wanted to be a celebrity]
j/k

remember that any survey, unless it is the ENTIRE population, is a statistical subset, perhaps representative, perhaps not. it's been a couple of weeks since i read it, so i cant remember is mostly what they did was state the survey's results or, what would be most interesting, why the numbers are what they are.

one possible reason for the drop off in condom use in the last 10 vaginal intercourse acts might be that more men in the upper age ranges have vaginal intercourse w/ their wife or s.o., so probably dont need to wear a condom.

thanks for your comments on this thread. to me, a survey like this is a jumping off point for discussion as to personal behavior as well as questioning what's behind the numbers.