posting time limits

• GP
  • 12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't know what it is set at here, but on another "big board" they have it set at 90 seconds. that drives me crazy!!!!!!
There are some hacker tools that will use bots to automatically make posts with links to bad sites, spam, spyware, etc. as fast as they can post on a board. The time delay between posts helps reduce the amount of damage they can do before the account gets banned.

Most bulletin boards have had to implement limits of some kind.
  • GP
  • 12-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes, I know the reasons behind it. But if registration is required before posting that helps alot.
Just don't go postal on the posts!
Yes, I know the reasons behind it. But if registration is required before posting that helps alot. Originally Posted by Goin Postal
Actually, they work around that, too, including the CAPTCHAs, e-mail responses, and other authentication methods.

There are also the psychos gone postal who want to manually post their parting shots in as many forums as possible.
this isn't exactly on topic, but there are also rules about not bumping threads more than 30 days old, will that apply here?

H
this isn't exactly on topic, but there are also rules about not bumping threads more than 30 days old, will that apply here?

H Originally Posted by WickedHeather
depends on the Admin's mood
I'm a bit off base but since were on tech questions. I wanted to put forth this one.

The issue I run into when posting, here. Is that I use Mozzile Firefox and it takes (forever) for my post to post. I have turbo high speed wireless so that's not the issue.
I always clean my browser cookies/cache.

Anyone else have this same issue? I don't want to use to IExplorer.
I'm no techie, I use Firefox and it's fast for me?

FYI took 5secs to post above!
SP Hunter which ver. of Firefox are you running?

I'm a bit off base but since were on tech questions. I wanted to put forth this one.

The issue I run into when posting, here. Is that I use Mozzile Firefox and it takes (forever) for my post to post. I have turbo high speed wireless so that's not the issue. Originally Posted by Wicked Milf
Mine is doing the same and I'm on Roadrunner with time warner.
I'm using ver 3.5.6 and don't seem to have any problems...other than right now the site is being inundated with new registrations and some scheduled site maintenance is being preformed.

LAP