Russia looking at Finland

"Russian heavy weapons including missile systems have been seen moving towards the border with Finland, hours after Russia warned its northern neighbor against joining NATO.

The Russian deployment comes as Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin said she expects her government 'will end the discussion before midsummer' on whether to apply for NATO membership.

In response, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov euphemistically warned the move would 'not improve' the security situation in Europe, and Moscow lawmaker Vladimir Dzhabarov added more bluntly it would mean 'the destruction of the country'."

You can't be an independent country and make your own decisions.....that is what the Russians have to say.

May we soon see a statement from Mr. T Rump ? "That Putin is a genius."
And Finland is looking back.
So I guess technically in the eyes of all the Putin apologist Finland has always been part of Russia, just like Ukraine.

Is that how it works.?

Obviously somebody is still buying enough Russian oil and products to finance all this

So much for Sanctios.
sweden is looking to join nato too.
Looking at Finland, and Estonia . . .and Latvia and Lithuania too.

NATO is looking good for traditionally neutral Finland and Sweden. Switzerland has announced that, while not seeking NATO membership, it will be less neutral and more actively aligned with the NATO nations.

Now NATO has decided to have stronger military presence on the eastern borders with Russia.

It feels a bit like 1956 again when the Russians put down the Hungarian revolution . . .or 1968 when they did the same to Czechoslovakia.

The USA signed up to guarantee the freedom and independence of Ukraine when the Soviet Union broke up . . .and we didn't.

I blame President Obama for letting Putin snip off Crimea in 2014. I blame President Biden for letting them invade this year.
So I guess technically in the eyes of all the Putin apologist Finland has always been part of Russia, just like Ukraine. Originally Posted by Jackie S
It must be true since it's on the internet...

I wonder did you read the OP quote?

"Russia Moves Military Equipment To Finnish Border After Warning Finland Not To Join NATO"

As I've said the west is pushing this conflict by pushing for NATO expansion. You might ask yourself Why does NATO need to expand? Didn't it fulfill its mission when the USSR fell? Why has the US continued to pay the lions share of the NATO Budget when the Europeans aren't even meeting their commitments?
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2022, 08:09 AM

"Russia Moves Military Equipment To Finnish Border After Warning Finland Not To Join NATO"

As I've said the west is pushing this conflict by pushing for NATO expansion. You might ask yourself Why does NATO need to expand? Didn't it fulfill its mission when the USSR fell? Why has the US continued to pay the lions share of the NATO Budget when the Europeans aren't even meeting their commitments? Originally Posted by texassapper
Right on "Q"....a Putin apologist.
"Russian heavy weapons including missile systems have been seen moving towards the border with Finland, hours after Russia warned its northern neighbor against joining NATO.

The Russian deployment comes as Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin said she expects her government 'will end the discussion before midsummer' on whether to apply for NATO membership.

In response, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov euphemistically warned the move would 'not improve' the security situation in Europe, and Moscow lawmaker Vladimir Dzhabarov added more bluntly it would mean 'the destruction of the country'."

You can't be an independent country and make your own decisions.....that is what the Russians have to say.

May we soon see a statement from Mr. T Rump ? "That Putin is a genius." Originally Posted by VitaMan

Hahaha......Yeah we need to hear from Trump.

As I've said the west is pushing this conflict by pushing for NATO expansion. You might ask yourself Why does NATO need to expand? Didn't it fulfill its mission when the USSR fell? Why has the US continued to pay the lions share of the NATO Budget when the Europeans aren't even meeting their commitments? Originally Posted by texassapper
Qui bono ?

Follow the $

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea5cidWmBAE
The West has pretty much shown that , unless a nation is already in NATO, they aren't going to get actively involved beyond sending some new war toys and talking a lot of shit. The Red Line is actually already being a member of NATO. If they don't remain neutral, Finland is Fucked.
As far as lines in the sand, look at Obama in Syria.
Palki Sharma bahut garam hai.
It would be foolish for them to try to intimidate another border country, one much more prepared than Ukraine. They can't handle what they have on their hands now, if they are even thinking of adding to it then their military leadership is inept (more so than demonstrated in the last couple of months.)