Those Clean Electric Cars?? No Free Lunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHvq-8np1o

Blood Diamonds? How about Blood Cobalt.

It seems the “Democratic” Republic of The Congo is sitting on some of the largest deposits of Cobalt in the World.

It seems that their mining standards are not quite up to US OSHA regulations.

I wonder how many 6 year olds are working in the Texas Permian Basin oil fields?
Helps keep the kids out of gangs by keeping them productively engaged.
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2022, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHvq-8np1o

Blood Diamonds? How about Blood Cobalt.

It seems the “Democratic” Republic of The Congo is sitting on some of the largest deposits of Cobalt in the World.

It seems that their mining standards are not quite up to US OSHA regulations.

I wonder how many 6 year olds are working in the Texas Permian Basin oil fields? Originally Posted by Jackie S
The Congo is a 100 years behind...we used to know how to work the shit out of our kids back in the God ole days!
The Congo is a 100 years behind...we used to know how to work the shit out of our kids back in the God ole days! Originally Posted by WTF
This is 2022.
Helps keep the kids out of gangs by keeping them productively engaged. Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet
assuming you're ok with slavery.
You want free lunch? I hear they're serving it in the Permian Basin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
You want free lunch? I hear they're serving it in the Permian Basin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

how's that free lunch at Nau's working out for ya? the BLT is quite good i hear.

BBAAHHAAAAAAAAAA
Electric cars: My Chevy pick-up is 20 years old now. A bit tired, sure (200K+ road miles), but I can get it repaired. In 20 years, will they even make the e-tuff to keep a Tesla-3 running? And in that time, how many batteries will have to be, somehow, recycled?
Electric cars: My Chevy pick-up is 20 years old now. A bit tired, sure (200K+ road miles), but I can get it repaired. In 20 years, will they even make the e-tuff to keep a Tesla-3 running? And in that time, how many batteries will have to be, somehow, recycled? Originally Posted by ICU 812
Not too many people talk about the battery situation, ie, what do they do with them when they are defunct.

Surely they can reclaim and recycle what ever the heck is in there that cost so much.
assuming you're ok with slavery. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That's our biggest export to Chyyna.
assuming you're ok with slavery. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
It's more like day labor. They do have a choice to show up and they are paid.
How much more would the affluent pay for their Teslas to cover the cost of safe work conditions for adults with fair wages ?
Yeah some Whiteman is going to show the black man how to use a shovel to extract the stuff for pennies a day. Then the evil Whiteman will sell it for a Zillion $$$.
Not to mention the piss poor performance of EVs in cold climates.
Even modest road trips are out of the question.
Ridiculous for agricultural work.
Not to mention the piss poor performance of EVs in cold climates.
Even modest road trips are out of the question.
Ridiculous for agricultural work. Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet
You mean when they aren't catching fire or randomly crashing. Then there is the whole driving a 400 mile journey on a 300 mile battery conundrum, though I'm not entirely sure they have even that much real-world range.
  • WTF
  • 04-14-2022, 01:48 PM
This is 2022. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Not for the Taliban and many other third world countries are aware or care...

I think you've missed the point Jackie.