austin!!!

is thinking about moving to austin.... what does austin have that dallas doesnt... like clubs, art muesums, girls? HOOK EM HORNS!
hmmm. Well Dallas doesn't have ME!!!C'm on down darlin'
Metal men -- Real, Metal Men!
We have lots of pretty girls I am sure you would fit right in!
  • Mokoa
  • 08-25-2010, 04:32 PM

Glad to have you here!
Well.... you ended your question with one of the biggest things. Longhorn-mania. Another that might really matter to you, is much less competition than the DFW area. Much easier to get around town. San Antonio is only an hour away. What's only an hour away from Dallas? Oh, ya, Fort Worth. We have the hill country, the highland lakes, and a very outdoor oriented social scene.

Read through the forums of both locations, and see which one has the more atractive personality of hobbyists and providers. I think we win on all accounts, but I'm a bit biased.
Hi hun, I lived in Big D for 6 years and loved it. Two completely differant towns. I like most people prefer Austin for it's laid back attitude and it's prettier. It's a big little town. I found my blood pressure went down (figuratively) after about a year here. I just geared it down a notch and it felt good. Dallas was about keeping up with the Joneses, which I did very well. Here......nobody cares, much less a rat race.
Austin has the sweetest best hobbiest then another city I have ever been to...
Austin has beautiful women but there's always room for 1 more. C'mon down!

In Ausitn you'll also find tons of live music, much of it free or of negligible expense; good food; laid back people; and an overall good quality of life. We don't have the museums that Dallas does, but there are at least 4 decent small art museums, including the Blanton which has very cool social events with live music. If you like film, we have a good film festival. If you like live music, we have the world's preeminent live music festival. There's some nice lakes, great swimming holes, good hiking, biking...
Austin has the sweetest best hobbiest then another city I have ever been to... Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
That's funny, because one traveling provider told me that all her Austin clients were weirdos. Except me, of course.
That's funny, because one traveling provider told me that all her Austin clients were weirdos. Except me, of course. Originally Posted by blenderhead

I love weirdo's (goofy ones.. not crazy stuff you in the freezer ones)
I've never lived in BigD, but I've visited more than a couple of dozen times.

Dallas has more hotties than Austion (JMHO). But that's becasue Dallas people "doll-up" significantly more than in Austin (generally speaking). Austin is bit more laid back, and being "earthy" is hip.

Dallas has more ten thousand dollar millionaires than any other big city I've visited in the US. Atlanta is a close second.

Though, over the last dozen or so years, Austin has changed significantly towards that line of thinking (due to the influx of folks out of the West Coast coming here seeking high tech jobs ?).

HTH.

ADDEDNDUM: Every time I've visited Dallas, I've enjoyed what Dallas has to offer; therefore, I'm not saying Dallas sucks or anything, nor am I saying Dallas people are shallow. Dallas is a GREAT place to visit. Just saying, to live in, I think Austin is a better choice because of the overall "type" of of attitude that you are likely to encounter in everyday life.
Dallas as more ten thousand dollar millionaires than any other big city... Originally Posted by rrrabbit
I'd add the converse, that Austin has more flip-flop millionaires than anywhere I've been to.
Austin has the sweetest best hobbiest then another city I have ever been to... Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Exactly what she said! Come on down!
  • Carl
  • 08-25-2010, 08:29 PM
is thinking about moving to austin.... what does austin have that dallas doesnt Originally Posted by Brooke Cumsalot
I live here. But the local chamber of commerce and the convention and visitor's bureau pay me a small monthly fee to keep a low profile and not draw attention to that fact.