Providers and Lawyers

No this is not a lawyer bashing thread asking silly questions like, "what's the difference between lawyers and providers" . (Civil Barrister has the answer to that one )

Having read some of the questions regarding legal issues that some providers have posted on this board and after noticing the constant "Disclaimers" in ads....

I have to ask, don't the ladies ever get a legal opinion of their rights and risks from legal professionals? (Preferably before there is an incident.) I'm not a lawyer, so this is not a threAD.

Maybe someone could set up a "seminar " with an attorney at a group rate, to explain ;

1. Why LE agreeing to pay the money you asked for to perform a specific sex act is not entrapment

2. Why can LE legally lie to you before arresting you...

3. Why posting a disclaimer that anyone who contacts you cannot be LE is a waste of time...

4. Why is making LE show his private parts not a safe harbor for you...

5. Why isn't asking for "Roses, kisses, etc" to perform sex acts bartering instead of solicitation...

I posted this with the ladies best interest at heart. It really bothers me that a lot of providers (especially young providers) don't have a clear understanding of these issues.
Good Topic TMFT!!
Maybe someone could set up a "seminar " with an attorney at a group rate, to explain ... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
The Houston Bar Association has an attorney referral system, ...

... good luck!

Although there is one set of ethical standards, there are all kinds of attorney "interpretations" of them, and there is probably someone out there who perceives "no problem" in giving legal advice to a group of people using aliases on how to violate the law.

... good luck!

Although there is one set of ethical standards, there are all kinds of attorney "interpretations" of them, and there is probably someone out there who perceives "no problem" in giving legal advice to a group of people using aliases on how to violate the law. Originally Posted by LexusLover
good point

... good luck!

Although there is one set of ethical standards, there are all kinds of attorney "interpretations" of them, and there is probably someone out there who perceives "no problem" in giving legal advice to a group of people using aliases on how to violate the law. Originally Posted by LexusLover

send some referrals my way......for my time...
I think it is a good idea... not just for the providers, but hobbyist side as well.
As for the statement of LL, would it not be okay to say... I have a friend... or a hypothical situation or if I make an appointment under Judy LaBare or Justin Timberlake. When I have visited a lawyer I have not had to disclose and gov. ID for the initial consultant, the only ID i need was some green.

I do not think asking a lawyer to explain the facts and conditions would cause a lawyer any heartburn.
I agree TMFT. It is also a great idea to have an attorney retained so if anything happens someone is ready to bond you out right away. I have great attorney. If any of you ladies would like his number please PM me.

... good luck!

In my previous career dealing with the adult industry, there were Law Firms that specialized in situations involving that industry. They would attend the conventions with a full booth, went to the parties afterward and passed out their literature and business cards.

I ran across a Legal Firm here in Houston that advertised they specialized in and had successful experiences defending against charges dealing with the Hobby.

I'm just sayin...
I ran across a Legal Firm here in Houston that advertised they specialized in and had successful experiences defending against charges dealing with the Hobby.

I'm just sayin... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
That's what my attorney does.
I ran across a Legal Firm here in Houston that advertised they specialized in and had successful experiences defending against charges dealing with the Hobby. Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
There is a distinction between advertising and marketing ... and

"set up a "seminar " with an attorney at a group rate, to explain ;" ...

Just saying, ......

It occurs to me that as an individual who was interested in protecting MYSELF a "one-on-one" consultation assuress the protection of the attorney-client privilege, my anonymity, and the information I received based upon the specific factual situation that applies to me without disclosing "sensitive" and/or "proprietary" information.

"Penny wise and pound foolish."
There is a distinction between advertising and marketing ... and

"set up a "seminar " with an attorney at a group rate, to explain ;" ...

Just saying, ......

It occurs to me that as an individual who was interested in protecting MYSELF a "one-on-one" consultation assuress the protection of the attorney-client privilege, my anonymity, and the information I received based upon the specific factual situation that applies to me without disclosing "sensitive" and/or "proprietary" information.

"Penny wise and pound foolish." Originally Posted by LexusLover

As long as the ladies get advice from a legal professional instead of relying on a bunch of post whore's like me... my work here will be done...
As long as the ladies get advice from a legal professional instead of relying on a bunch of post whore's like me... my work here will be done... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
You could have reduced your "work" load substantially, by suggesting that in the first place....which is consistent with my suggestion....as opposed to a "seminar" by a "legal professional" on how to violate the law.
Violating the law?

How about circumventing an arrest? This is what TMFT is trying to accomplish. Information is good.
Violating the law?

How about circumventing an arrest? This is what TMFT is trying to accomplish. Information is good. Originally Posted by pyramider
Information IS good, as long as it is good information. I think that was his last point, but I do not speak for him.

You asked: "How about circumventing an arrest?"

Texas Penal Code § 38.05. HINDERING APPREHENSION OR PROSECUTION. (a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to hinder the arrest, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for an offense …. he:
(1) …..;
(2) provides or aids in providing the other with any means of avoiding arrest or effecting escape; or
(3) …..
(b) …..
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor."

and the offense is ..... prostitution and based upon the potential facts ... aggravated prostitution.

The ethical problem is that the attorney is giving advice at the "seminar" on how to avoid being arrested for an offense that has not yet occurred and thereby facilitating the attendees at the "seminar" in the commission of crimes that are being contemplated by the purpose of the "seminar" ....

As I said, I am NOT "opposed" to obtaining legal advice at all, and did NOT say that getting legal advice was a bad idea, ... I said that a "group" setting was a bad idea.

For instance: What if one of the group elects to waive the attorney-client privilege and discuss with LE what happened in the "seminar"?
What if everyone wore blindfolds or masks?