Oh, the drama

Is it just me, or is the level of drama at an all-time high level lately? Between the just-made-up handles and the experienced members who should know better (cough dear hunter cough) the amount of BS on this board is getting absurd.

Mods, if I may make a suggestion: If it's possible, how about restricting new handles to posting only in the Welcome forums until they've been around for at least a week? That would stem all of the "I've gotta make a point, but I'm not brave enough to associate it with my name" drama.

It's a start.
+1
Brilliant idea.
That would be nice. I would even accept that to prevent this stuff.
+1
cmon man..... Let me have my fun.
That would make it a cage match wouldn't it? Yes, a golden cage match!
Any time drama is reduced or eliminated temporaily, the board dies.
Pick your poison, necessary evil, ... whatever you want to call it.
The blue waters are a stirring . . .
I think a one week stay in Welcome forum would only put a one-time only, one week lag in the WK/pimp/multiple handle bidness. This is as good as it gets. There is no way to force integrity into the board.
(cough dear hunter cough) Originally Posted by blowpop
I hate doctor exams................Dr. blowpop, your hands are cold.
I think a one week stay in Welcome forum would only put a one-time only, one week lag in the WK/pimp/multiple handle bidness. This is as good as it gets. There is no way to force integrity into the board. Originally Posted by NorthWood
I disagree. Mods lock/delete an account, and the loser needs another week before he can have another account for posting. Right now, the losers can create accounts as fast as mods can delete them, but this gives the mods a big advantage.

And I totally disagree that the drama is valuable. Without it the board would be a much more useful and pleasant place for everyone except the drama queens.
you have to admit.........some of this shit is priceless
you have to admit.........some of this shit is priceless Originally Posted by dearhunter
If I were a junior high school student, I probably would feel that way. But I'm not.

I thought we had the sandbox for stuff like this, but I'm guessing that not enough people read the sandbox, and thus there's wouldn't be enough attention.

And that's what it's all about. Attention. People trying way too hard to get attention, both providers and hobbyists.

The guys that participate are particularly sad. This is one community where you don't have to do stuff like this to get the girls to notice you... you just pay them.
Dude.... IMHO one week is not enough..... Should be 6 months and 200 posts minimum all in the welcome area on the main board only..... Then a mod approves all posts before going live for the next 6 months.....

WTF am I saying.... Nevermind!