Where Social Fears have perverted the procedures for collecting blood.

A lot of media attention has been focused lately on homosexuals being unable to give blood.

But......

Get your Ear pierced and you can't donate for 12 months.

get a tattoo... wait 12 months....

STD... 12 months

Acupuncture? A common oriental practice? Disqualifies you forever.

IV Drug Use? Nope... That little experiment disqualifies you forever....

All kinds of travel outside of the US disqualifies you..... How the hell do those countries deal with their blood needs?

============================== ===========

I cannot find where it is a disqualifies but one question on the form I saw as "Have you had sex with a partner that accepted drugs or money in exchange".....

So what do the people of this community do?

Do you LIE and then donate anyway?

I actually "need" to be drained of a unit of blood. I was told by my Dr that my RBC was too high and the fastest, easiest and healthiest way to get it in line is to donate a unit of blood.

Rather than lie yesterday I told them I had taken aspirin for a headache within a couple of hours and they told me to come back.

Outside of just lieing and letting drain me of a unit and then afterwards saying "OOOPS!... I just forgot about that hooker for my birthday"..... Are there private places with less qualifying questions that collect blood for other reasons?
I am a BIG believer in donating blood...

When I had my oldest daughter something happened during the birth which I was rushed into emergency surgery minutes after she was born I required 3 blood transfusions to save my life...do I care that the person who saved my life did a little P4P.... nope

I have donated alot in the past before I started p4p and yes I lied on that 1 question the few times I have donated since...I knew I was clean as I timed my donations to after I get my other testing done
  • S O B
  • 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Geez have your doc drain you. Or find some leeches. Or mouth off to someone in person. IJS
  • ztonk
  • 05-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I take one of those prescription medications that disqualifies me from donating blood, so I don't need to deal with that anymore.

If you're not comfortable lying about that "sex for money" question, there is a point later in the procedure where you put a barcode on that says either yes, I'm good, or no, use this for medical research only or some such...

In my younger days, after having sex with a girlfriend, I pulled out my wallet and gave her a dollar. She looked at me funny and I said "I just paid you for sex, you can't donate blood anymore!" we laughed about it... And the next time we donated blood together she laughed and then proceeded to lie when the phlebotomist got to that question.

z
I am a BIG believer in donating blood...

When I had my oldest daughter something happened during the birth which I was rushed into emergency surgery minutes after she was born I required 3 blood transfusions to save my life...do I care that the person who saved my life did a little P4P.... nope

I have donated alot in the past before I started p4p and yes I lied on that 1 question the few times I have donated since...I knew I was clean as I timed my donations to after I get my other testing done Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn

Some things don't always show right away. They put safe guards in place for a reason. People can die or get infected from dirty blood. I have an In Law that got Hep from a blood transfusion many many years ago and has caused her lots of issues since then. The hospital that gave it to her does cover her med costs but still lot's of issues.

Unless there is a shortage there is no reason for people to lie and put possibly dirty blood into the system. What we do here is risky and we are not supposed to donate for that reason. Before I started doing dirty deeds I used to donate regularly thru work and other drives but now I don't anymore. I 100% believe my blood is clean and every test I've ever had has come up clean but I respect the system and their reasoning for not wanting to take that risk.
Just lie. Government regulations are paralyzing.
  • Toyz
  • 05-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Just lie. Government regulations are paralyzing. Originally Posted by Artist Formally Known As
Surely you don't mean this? Think about what Homie said...we choose to indulge in this dangerous hobby. A person getting a blood transfusion is often in a life & death situation...they have little choice in saying "I don't want to take a chance that a hobbier decided to lie & did not know they were infected". And what if that was a little kid?

Again, am sure you're just joking around...but just in case think about what you could potentially do in bypassing a neccesary safeguard.
You know you can donate your own blood for your own use. I've done it prior to surgeries. As for others not getting to use it.. too bad. I made it, IT'S MINE!.
  • Toyz
  • 05-23-2012, 07:43 PM
You know you can donate your own blood for your own use. I've done it prior to surgeries. As for others not getting to use it.. too bad. I made it, IT'S MINE!. Originally Posted by nuglet
Blood has a shelf life...just like girls in WW...
Last time I donated, they asked "have you ever been paid to have sex?".....I wanted to answer "I wish!"
Or mouth off to someone in person. IJS Originally Posted by S O B

If I choose this option, are you the person I need to mouth of to??

sixx
..... Or mouth off to someone in person. ..... Originally Posted by S O B
drop by P10 tomorrow afternoon around 2PM and introduce yourself..... I have no problem telling you in person anything I've posted here........
Surely you don't mean this? Think about what Homie said...we choose to indulge in this dangerous hobby. A person getting a blood transfusion is often in a life & death situation...they have little choice in saying "I don't want to take a chance that a hobbier decided to lie & did not know they were infected". And what if that was a little kid?

Again, am sure you're just joking around...but just in case think about what you could potentially do in bypassing a neccesary safeguard. Originally Posted by Toyz
I have to agree. I Do think it's a bit far fetched, that question, but I guess they're just going by statistics. I mean I'm assuming. I'm sure their question was pertaining more to the lower part of our world, which seems to be pretty relevant. The girls on streets etc are prob a little more careless w sex or drugs. Well, men who see them, prob are too. But nevertheless, we ARE all connected. And can really be connected once you decide to not wrap it up.

I say get tested for every single thing if you really want to give blood. Otherwise let them take it from you and toss it.

Ps: this is in no way trying to accuse any particular person for being positive right now based on specific circumstance. Just a general claim.
I have to agree. I Do think it's a bit far fetched, that question, but I guess they're just going by statistics. I mean I'm assuming. I'm sure their question was pertaining more to the lower part of our world, which seems to be pretty relevant. The girls on streets etc are prob a little more careless w sex or drugs. Well, men who see them, prob are too. But nevertheless, we ARE all connected. Originally Posted by ExoticEzra
And of course girls who are in the sex industry but don't work the street wouldn't be careless with sex or drugs

sixx