ITS MEMORIAL DAY THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

thank you to all the Veterans,active aNd retired military!
lets remember what memorial day is about folks ( its not about bbq! )
Thank you to all military... past and present!

Much gratitude for your service... you are the true heroes of our great country!

sixx
thank you to all the Veterans,active aNd retired military!
lets remember what memorial day is about folks ( its not about bbq! )
Originally Posted by Absolutely
Thank you to all military... past and present!

Much gratitude for your service... you are the true heroes of our great country!

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Nicely put both of you !

Thank You !
A great big THANK YOU and HUGS to all the LADIES & GENTS that have/are serving/ed for our country!!!
A big salute to all the men and women who serve and have served this country!!!
Thank you
  • Paven
  • 05-28-2012, 10:00 AM
I was at the WWII D-Day Museum in NOLA yesterday and got to shake hands with a WWII veteran. It was quite an honor.

Thank you to all that have served and given their lives so that we may live freely!
As a veteran I appreciate all the wishes expressed here but would like to remind everyone that Memorial Day is really intended to honor the men and women in the armed services that have died serving their country. Veterans Day, on the other hand, is intended to honor all veterans of the armed services.

That said, y'all rock!
I agree with txtorn8do. I am always grateful when hearing people thank me for my service and it makes a world of difference to me, but the day is about the soldiers who have died. I spend Memorial Day thinking about the two young guys in my platoon who did not make it back from Iraq and the countless others that I never even knew.

My avatar, in case anyone is interested, is a pic of a cow foraging through trash on a Baghdad street.

Happy Hobbying !
Txtorn8do, it is interesting that folks don't understand the nuance of Memorial day and Veteran's day. I am a Vet and yet yesterday is different than the holiday in Nov.

That said, I'm very grateful for all the well wishes. And I appreciate all of those who gave of their lives so that all of us can do what we do.

Way to go hobby community!
As a veteran I appreciate all the wishes expressed here but would like to remind everyone that Memorial Day is really intended to honor the men and women in the armed services that have died serving their country. Veterans Day, on the other hand, is intended to honor all veterans of the armed services.

That said, y'all rock! Originally Posted by txtorn8do
Txtorn8do, it is interesting that folks don't understand the nuance of Memorial day and Veteran's day. I am a Vet and yet yesterday is different than the holiday in Nov.

That said, I'm very grateful for all the well wishes. And I appreciate all of those who gave of their lives so that all of us can do what we do.

Way to go hobby community! Originally Posted by deedeedoe62
+1 to my fellow vets, Txtorn8do and DeeDeeDoe62. Yesterday is for those who gave all that we could enjoy our freedoms and way of life.